Do you keep spare make-up at work/in the office?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes! I keep a powder compact, blotting sheets, lip balm, liquid eyeliner and mascara. I keep the liner and mascara for days I'm running late and need to do those at work.

I keep an emergency kit in my car, a makeup bag in my work bag and another emergency kit at work.  I've used my emergency kits more than I'd like to admit because I'm always running late or something.  I even keep a gym bag and a towel set in my car because I sometimes use the building shower after work before going out if i'm stopping by my house.

emergency kit:

deluxe/foil packets of cleanser, lotion, foundation, TM, shampoo, conditioner, etc.

those cardboard samples of eyeshadow or blush that I get every now and then

lip balm

spare underwear

tampons

pads

travel sized packet of wetwipes

single use toothbrush

cheap hairbrush

nail file

mini sewing kit

No.

Simple reason: I truly hate to do my makeup in places that is not home, I'm very fussy about that, I need to sit down in my living room, with my mirror, my whole makeup collection and  enough time to do my makeup with no rush.

I always make sure that my alarm is set and I've learnt to leave the bed quite instantly when it goes off so I mastered a routine with very little chance to end up late.

I have a couple lip balms, a gloss and sometimes a lipstick. Same in my purse, but no other makeup really

I keep a small makeup bag in my purse, just a black eyeliner (for days where I forget I'm wearing makeup and rub my eyes - half a lined eye is not a good look!) and a few lip balms and lipsticks.

I keep an emergency kit in my car, a makeup bag in my work bag and another emergency kit at work.  I've used my emergency kits more than I'd like to admit because I'm always running late or something.  I even keep a gym bag and a towel set in my car because I sometimes use the building shower after work before going out if i'm stopping by my house.

emergency kit:

deluxe/foil packets of cleanser, lotion, foundation, TM, shampoo, conditioner, etc.

those cardboard samples of eyeshadow or blush that I get every now and then

lip balm

spare underwear

tampons

pads

travel sized packet of wetwipes

single use toothbrush

cheap hairbrush

nail file

mini sewing kit
How have I never thought of doing an emergency kit like this??? Great idea!!!

Lately I've just been keeping my whole makeup bag in my purse because of moving to a new house and not having a spot where to get ready...that and I like my sleep so sometimes I end up running rather late. 

For days when I manage to get ready at home, I just grab a little ipsy bag with carmex, lipgloss, concealer, mascara, and my regular face powder.

I keep an ipsy bag with a few lippies and a lotion in my purse. I need to add a pressed powder but I've yet to find a good drugstore one

tumblr_mvug5a4DUh1rfcsguo1_1280.jpg

I don't work outside the home, but I carry an ipsy bag with full makeup everywhere. I live in Florida and I get hot and sweaty and if I'm out I sometimes have to redo my makeup. I usually throw a travel size mascara, a MAC blot powder, about 45 lipglosses  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> , neutral eyeshadow, liner, stick foundation, eyelash curler, tweezers and cream blush.  

I love this!  I'm not the only packrat!!!  What is that pink/orange plastic thing on the top right and the blue/yellow one on the bottom right?  Are those a toothbrush holders?  And I love that I'm not the only one who keeps her tweezerman tweezers in their original plastic tubes.

I carry a medium sized makeup bag with me 5 days a week - I have a tote bag where I stuff my lunch, drink, yogurt and makeup bag for work.

I do have a mini bag that just has blotting paper, mini face powder, mini cream blush, a quad of neutral eyeshadows, mini mascara and black eyeliner.  My purse has at least 5 lip products, as I always toss one in there, thinking that I don't have one!!

at work, I also have deodorant, toothpaste & toothbrush (my dentist always gives me those samples when I get my teeth cleaned!!), advil, hairspray, brush, tooth picky things (not the wooden toothpicks, but floss pics I guess) AND a lint roller.

plus I keep 2 pairs of sneakers, extra white socks for my sneakers, hairdryer (my job has a shower on our floor), mini shampoo/conditioner, soap, part of boots (in case I come to work with shoes and have to leave when there is a blizzard outside), and a towel.   I sometimes work out at lunchtime, so that is why I have all of those toiletries.  Yes, I have my own office...lol  I have to put something in those drawers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I carry a "small" makeup bag in my purse. I have hairspray, a comb and lotions in my office as well as deodorant. In my makup bag I carry: Concealer, mascara, eyeshadows, blush, applicators/brushes, mini perfume, a bronzer, eyeliner, 3 lipglosses and right around 5 lipsticks (you might notice my obsession with lipstick right there). The thing I ussually don't have time for in the morning after applying makeup before work is lipstick. I rarely forget blush and I always have time for mascara.

Ich have only a small box with essentials at my work place. Toothbrush, hairbrush, sanitary pads, a white top which suits to almost everything (I am good at spilling tea all over me.), hand cream and a lip balm.

I carry a small makeup bag in my purse at all times. It contains a bunch of minis and samples of anything I'd need for a full face. A mini BB cream tube, mini mascara, a couple mini lipsticks, small pressed translucent powder, mini eyeliner pencil (great for fixing a smudged wing from watery allergy eyes), mini blush + retractable brush. I love my mini 5-pan Lancome palette. I also have a few foils of makeup remover. I rarely actually break into my "emergency stash" lol but for some reason it makes me feel comforted that it's there.

I carry a small makeup bag in my purse with deluxe samples of lipstick and mascara I've received from places like Sephora/ipsy. I also throw in eyeshadows and other makeup products I won't reach for when I'm doing my makeup at home but may need while I'm out or in a rush, along with a $1 e.l.f. powder for touchups.

I do also keep another small makeup bag in my purse with tweezers, handcream, perfume samples, a travel size makeup remover, nail polish removing pads, and lip balm.

I work as a server and I always have lipsticks in my apron. I always take whatever lipstick I'm wearing that day with me (purse, bookbag, work apron) and they all seem to pile up!

Latest posts

Back