Best Ipsy Products of 2014 Edition

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMDawnP

Incoherent Melange
Reaction score
Since we have a worst of topic I thought it might be fun if we shared the products the we loved so far this year. I picked my favorite from each bag so far this year.

Jan: Malin and Goetz Mojito Lip Balm

Feb: Eyetini in Violette

Mar: Chella Indigo Eyeliner

Apr: Coastal Scents Brush

For 2014...

January: Benefit's the POREfessional

February: skyn ICELAND Fresh Start Mask with Ice Age Mud

March: bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie™ Lipgloss in Rebel

April: Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil Travel Size

The Marvelous Moxie lipstick in Get Ready! Love the color, love the formula, love the mini size!

Also love the Demeter perfume in Jasmine and the Rainbow Honey polish from the April bag.

pro: I went to look back at my glam rooms from past months and got the popup to rate my items and bag. Yay!

con: I looked at my January bag and was sad. Again.

January: Coastal Scents small foundation brush

February: Eyetini in ambrosia

March: my whole bag was perfect, but I think I loved the marvelous moxie lipstick the best

April: Cailyn lip balm (I actually really love them - I just wish ipsy really knew me and sent me the bright pink)

Off the top of my head:

Cailyn Lip Balm

Cailyn Gel Liner

Mirabella Blending Brush

Chella Indigo eyeliner

Marvelous Moxie lipstick

Demeter Jasmine perfume

Rainbow Honey polish

Nailtini polishes

All the nail polishes actually

Pacifica Blood Orange body butter

Tons more I can't recall atm

For 2014

January - Balanced Guri Balm Me Up - I swapped for that - this stuff is great on cracked heels!

February - Be Matte Blush

March - Be a Bombshell eyeshadow in Bora Bora

April - Rainbow Honey nailpolish

For 2013 (I started in June...)

June - Cailyn Cosmetics Line-Fix Gel Eyeliner with Brush Built-In in Purple

July - derma e Microdermabrasion Scrub - I swapped for that

August -Michael Todd Jojoba Charcoal Gentle Exfoliating Facial Scrub

September - Jesse’s Girl Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner - I swapped for that

October - Sexy Hair Spray Clay Texturizing Spray Clay - I swapped for that

November - Starlooks Gem Eye Pencil

December - Mirabella Eye Blender Brush - I swapped for that

wow - quite a few swapping to get my fav's!!  I hope this year won't be that way :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Please, ipsymatch - work for me!

In no particular order, I loved:

February bag (pink)

Chella indigo eyeliner

Klorane patches

City Color highlighter

I still have so much I still have to try though!

Ok here are my faves from each month! 

January: Benefit Porefessional, although I wasn't wowed by anything this month!

February: Zoya Nail Polish in Dot (Love me some zoya!), City Color be matte blush (I have been using this a ton and love it!) Tini Beauty (I wasn't over the moon about this when the bag arrived but I just recently used it and it's beautiful. I got the purple one) 

March: Chella eyeliner (My first one dried up but chella sent me a new one and while it's not my favorite eyeliner ever, it's decent) pixi beauty flawless beauty primer (I love how luminous this makes my dry skin) bare mineral marvelous moxie lipstick in get ready (not the best color on me, but i love the formula) 

April: Elizabeth Mott eyeshadow (nice formula and while it's not super unique to my collection, it will get used), UD eyeliner (while the one I got in my bag was dry and flaky, they are sending me a replacement and I have high hopes for this, and am thinking I just got a defective one)

Awesome thread! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  My favorites from this year:

January: Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Conditioner (I have two full-size bottles now lol)

February: City Color Be Matte Blush in Fresh Melon (I wear it at least twice a week)

March: Be a Bombshell Bora Bora Quad (I'm eyeshadow obsessed)

April: Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil in Black Velvet (ADORE, also UD 24/7 Eye Pencil obsessed hahaha!)

I have loved  

• City Color be matte blush (bought several more)  
  • BaB Bora Bora quad
  • Elizabeth Mott single shadow 
  • Sexy Hair beach spray (never would've bought this on my own)
  • Chella highlighter pencil
  • Mirabella Colour Sheers lipstick
  • Pacifica Roll-on perfume
  • BaB Blush 
Not just for those individual items, but for most of these brands I've purchased other things since finding the brands in Ipsy. This goes back further than 2014, obviously! 

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the city color highlighter, and the be matte blush in fresh melon. At such a low price point, I've been VERY impressed so far.

Love zoya.

The starlooks pencil in the pretty lilac shimmery shade. I can't remember the name.

Email waterliner in turquoise was nice.

By month:

• January... Malin + Goetz Mojito Lip Balm by a landslide.
  • February... Zoya Odette was the best of what actually came in my bag, but the City Color Be Matte Blush that I ordered is my official winner.
  • March... pleasantly surprised by the bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick, and also really liked the Klari Reis bag pattern.
  • April... was expecting the Urban Decay liner to triumph over all, but wound up in love with the City Color White Gold.
Surprised to find that a cheapie-cheap brand is dominating my favorites so far, so much so that I'm actually expecting a decent-sized City Color haul to arrive tomorrow (went a little nuts when they offered free shipping on Earth Day).

Honorable mention goes to the TokyoMilk Dark Lip Elixir that I ordered after a discussion of them in one of the Ipsy forums (March, I think). I am officially addicted to the Salted Caramel, and have gotten several other people hooked as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Bab blush, which I used constantly, until it broke during a trip :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I loved the NYX lipsticks, so much I've continued buying more from the brand often. They don't sell that brand in my state.

The Chella Indigo Eyeliner.

The EM mascara.

Michael Todd scrub

Bare Minerals Moxie lipstick

Starlooks gem liner

Ohh, excellent thread! As much as I like to complain about Ipsy sometimes, I feel like there's always something in my bag I love.  :wub:

From this year:

January: Briogeo Deep Conditioning Mask

February: City Color Be Matte Blush, Skyn Iceland Mask, & Mally Starlight Liners 

March: Chella Eyeliner

April: Lollitint

I've been subscribed since December 2012, so here are my other favorites:

H2O Face Oasis Hydrating Treatment

Jesse's Girl Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick (of course!)

Mica Beauty Eyeshadow in Bronze & Earth

Pacifica Roll On Perfumes

January - 3 in 1 Revolotion Leeanni Eco and the Healthy Sexy Hair leave in conditioner
February - Zoya polish (Dot) and I loved the colour of my pop beauty lip gloss (peony) but it stank

March - Moxie lipstick and NYX shadow

April - I guess the Dr Brandt microdemabrasion or UD Pencil. Nothing really was fantastic in my bag this month.

January: nada

February: I loved everything in my Feb bag!! But especially the city color blush and eyetini.

March: bareminerals lipstick

April: i guess the dr. brandt

Looking back on it, 2014 has been kind of a bust for me so far.

January -- Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Leave In Conditioner

February -- Zoya polish in Dot 

March -- Pixi Primer

April -- UD 24/7 Eyeliner 

For 2014 to date...

Jan - Porefessional (tiny but lasts forever) and M&G mojito lip balm. One item I didn't get in my bag but bought and LOVE is the Faith Aromatherapy Tahitian Monoi Scrub. Great discount code with that one.

Feb - Zoya Odette - pretty colour and lovely formula, as always.

March - Bare Minerals Marvellous Moxie lipstick. Colour is nice, great scent, and feels great on.

April - Demeter jasmine roll-on. I finally got Demeter in my bag and was not disappointed! I had been very excited for the UD liner but it flakes horribly...

Latest posts

Back