Quarterly.co Subscriptions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I thought I'd start a thread about random quarterly.co boxes for now.  

I really loved my Nina Garcia box and that got me into checking more often for new curators.

I've now signed up with Bekka Palmer (apparently the queen of Pinterest with 9 million followers).  I don't know her but whoa!  Her pins!  And shes a photographer.  Her theme is that everyday should be a party.  I'm down with that!  

https://quarterly.co/products/bekkapalmer

Then I also subscribed to Rachel Yeomans (founder of The Working Wardrobe) based on another MUTer's recommendation (thanks, @@CuriouslyAmanda, Im hooked now).  She's into fashion, tech, literature and wine...  What's not to love?!

https://quarterly.co/products/rachel-yeomans

These are both new curators but I'm interested to hear about what you've subscribed to and whether you were happy with it or not :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

I'm also subscribed to the working wardrobe because she mentioned in her blog that some of the boxes will be over $300 value (?!).

Love Nina Garcia and will have the box for at least 2 seasons.

Thinking of 1000 places to go before you die box. Their first box's theme is Paris which is a city I don't personally enjoy. So probably I will see what's in the first box to decide:)

oh and I'm also subscribed to Hiltha on the go. I travel a lot and always need some new packing inspirations. The first box is not shipped yet though. what a long wait.

I'm really looking forward to Rachel Yeomans and Hitha on the Go! I have a ridiculous number of Quarterly subscriptions right now (7 in total) but since they come so sporadically (not really quarterly) it seems to work out. 

I am now signed up for Nina and Rachel's box. Still debating on the 1000 places. I really want a spoiler!

I'm waiting on/hoping for spoilers on the Rachel Yeomans box to see if I want to sub! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I just signed up for 1000 places also. I need help!
Unfortunately I can't help. I'm in the same boat. Nina's box is fabulous, by the way.

And I just counted ... I am up to 10 Quarterly subscriptions. That seems ridiculous. About half are new ones that I've never received a box from though so if they aren't any good I'll cancel of course. 

I thought I'd start a thread about random quarterly.co boxes for now.  

I really loved my Nina Garcia box and that got me into checking more often for new curators.

I've now signed up with Bekka Palmer (apparently the queen of Pinterest with 9 million followers).  I don't know her but whoa!  Her pins!  And shes a photographer.  Her theme is that everyday should be a party.  I'm down with that!  

https://quarterly.co/products/bekkapalmer

Then I also subscribed to Rachel Yeomans (founder of The Working Wardrobe) based on another MUTer's recommendation (thanks, @@CuriouslyAmanda, Im hooked now).  She's into fashion, tech, literature and wine...  What's not to love?!

https://quarterly.co/products/rachel-yeomans

These are both new curators but I'm interested to hear about what you've subscribed to and whether you were happy with it or not :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I signed up for Bekka Palmer based on your comment here! I love the idea of making everyday a party. It really should be! 

I'm getting pretty addicted to the Quarterly boxes. I already subbed to Nina Garcia and Olga Kay, both of which I really have loved so far. Now I've added Rachel Yeomans and 1000 places to the list.

I'm a bit tempted by Bekka Palmer's box as well.

when do they bill? when you sub or when it ships?
They bill when they ship but you won't receive the actual tracking information for several days (up to a week) after you're billed and then it's another few days to a week for you to receive the package. At first I found this maddening, particularly compared to the subs that were on specific schedules, but now I just see it as part of their charm. You're basically getting a present in the mail and it arrives when it arrives. You just have to trust the system and since Quarterly is totally legitimate and I always get my boxes it works out fine.

Also, although they aim for quarterly releases I have found many of my boxes get pushed back by a month or two regularly. So far Nina has always been spot-on but others (depending on what they're putting in their boxes) can be a little more haphazard. It's all totally counter to my Type A personality but I'm learning to go with the flow!

By the way, my two favorites are Nina and Jesse Kornbluth. Jesse Kornbluth provides a window into music/books/film and the books he sends out are signed copies, the movies/music fantastic, and his letters are thoughtful and lovely to read. (And that is why I completely understand delays in his boxes - if he's having to get hundreds of signed copies of a book by James Salter then he's working on someone else's schedule!) 

I just checked my Quarterly and what does it say?!!?

Nina Garcia ships next month!!??!  I feel like I just got mine!  Has time flown by the quick?  I better start looking for spoilers :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think most of Quarterlies issues lie with the curators (and their suppliers).  I just can't see Pharrell sitting down and figuring out what he wants to put in the box and writing his letter and contacting his peoples all in one go.  I bet Quarterly has to bug quite a few of their curators to get a move on :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Luckily, I think Nina Garcia is pretty Type A.  Hopefully Rachel is too!  I'm pretty excited for her box, honestly.  

I just checked my Quarterly and what does it say?!!?

Nina Garcia ships next month!!??!  I feel like I just got mine!  Has time flown by the quick?  I better start looking for spoilers :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think most of Quarterlies issues lie with the curators (and their suppliers).  I just can't see Pharrell sitting down and figuring out what he wants to put in the box and writing his letter and contacting his peoples all in one go.  I bet Quarterly has to bug quite a few of their curators to get a move on :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Luckily, I think Nina Garcia is pretty Type A.  Hopefully Rachel is too!  I'm pretty excited for her box, honestly.  
Yes, that's my impression too. The timeliness has to do with the curators and how conscientious they are, although there are probably some issues with the suppliers too. 

Nina does seem Type A and I think her fame is also a huge benefit to her (and us) because she probably has access to a slew of product at great prices and can pass them along. 

Please post details when your boxes arrive! I feel like everyone's all over the Nina Garcia box, but the others don't seem to be as popular, so you have to hunt for any gory details. And I do like to see at least a box or two before I take the plunge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please post details when your boxes arrive! I feel like everyone's all over the Nina Garcia box, but the others don't seem to be as popular, so you have to hunt for any gory details. And I do like to see at least a box or two before I take the plunge.
Absolutely.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

*cough*  I know I made this for other boxes but Nina Garcia just spilled some beans.  She picked an item and its value is $100 and they sell it at NetaPorter.

Latest posts

Back