Courtnee

favourite shampoo and conditioner

Do you have a all time favourite shampoo and conditioner?

I actually don't have one yet.

Shameful I know.

I use Nature's Gate Jojoba shampoo which is thick and hydrating. Good for color treated hair which tends to dry out. For conditioner I use Nexxus Keraphix creme reconstructor.

• Like 1

I also switch a lot, but I almost always come back to Aussie shampoo... I just love the smell of it! lol

• Like 1

Nope.  I keep switching all the time, trying to find what works best for my curly hair.

Carol's Daughter is a good line of shampoos and conditioners for curly hair. I've never had to use it so I can't speak from experience. My hair is medium and wavy.

• Like 2

I am looking for a good shampoo and conditioner for bleached hair.

It is my first time blond so I am not really used to dealing with hair that is damaged. I have bought all the usual ones you can find in the supermarket but I don't mind having a little splurge.

Can anyone recommend anything?

:)

• Like 1

No, I am looking for good shampoos and conditioners that aren't too pricey. Lol, but, I have never tried dying my hair. :-)

I am constantly switching my shampoos and conditioners.  I hate it because I really just want to find something that works for my hair.  I sampled the PHD line from LivingProof last night though, and man, my hair is manageable and beautiful.  I was noticing that my scalp was unhappy again with the SLS in my Lush shampoo (I guess I'll reconstitute that as body wash..) but I love the PHD.  It's expensive, so I'm not super excited about that.. but I'm hoping I can cut down on the amount of times that I wash my hair if I use it!  Darn you scalp issues and amazingly unruly hair!

• Like 2

You can opt for a PH balanced shampoo and conditioner for healthy and shining hair.You should try taking Biotin,5000 micro grams  a day available in leading retail stores like walmart,amazon etc.It is not only great for growth of your hair but also makes your hair shinier.Also, you can go for Mane & Tail shampoo and conditioner which is good for the growth of hair.

• Like 3

These shampoos and conditioners sound beautiful and luxurious.

I've been using Yes To Cucumbers for a couple of years now. I really like it. My allergist has been pushing me to go more fragrance free though to possible help with my allergies, so I'm trying Desert Essence Fragrance Free products, and I really like them too.

• Like 1

Eh, I'm kinda boring on this topic.

I just use the XL Pantene Pro-V for shampoo and conditioner from Costco. I've bounced around in the past with trying everything from Aussie to Herbal Essence and many others, but I couldn't get around the high price per little bottle offset for something I saw little improvement in if any at all.

I'm always open minded and willing to try out new stuff, that's if anyone absolutely swears by a product line and there's great reviews, otherwise I'm happy with not overpaying.  :P

• Like 1

I shave my head so my favorite is Gillette Fusion HydraGel Moisturing Shave Gel :glasses:

• Like 4

I'm not brand loyal with shampoo and conditioner anymore, since my favorite got discontinued a few years ago - that was Pantene's Texturize (I think they have something similar, but the formula is entirely different). I think the only other shampoo/conditioner pair I've intentionally repurchased is John Frieda's Full Repair. More often, I use any volumizing shampoo I can find and then a serious deep conditioner (major color/highlight/heat damage here). L'Oreal's Total Repair 5 stuff is pretty awesome, too, actually.

• Like 1

Yep, I totally agree with @@Nicky Valentino, though there are such beautiful products, I will not buy something that is quite expensive, though others can. :)

• Like 1

I am in love with the Shea Moisture Thickening shampoo & conditioner. One of the first hair care products I've used that actual has made a difference on my stupid fine, limp, thin, useless hair! :laughing: I use the rest of the products in the Thickening line, as well, and I have been very satisfied.

I am in love with the Shea Moisture Thickening shampoo & conditioner. One of the first hair care products I've used that actual has made a difference on my stupid fine, limp, thin, useless hair! :laughing: I use the rest of the products in the Thickening line, as well, and I have been very satisfied.

I'm going to look into that, for sure!

I'm going to look into that, for sure!

:smilehappyyes: It's on the pricey side, but it is drugstore! Walgreens, CVS, Target any of those places sell it, and Walgreens at least often has BOGO sales.

• Like 1

It depends on the condition of my hair, so I have quite a few favorites.. 

When my hair feels dry:
Pureology Hydrate Shampoo & Conditioner, Redken All Soft Series!

After I've bleached it and feel it needs protein:
Redken Extreme Shampoo + Conditioner or Sebastian Penetrait, also love Tigi Elasticate

Also LOVE Fudge Clean Blonde Violet Shampoo for keeping my blondehair cool and not brassy!

• Like 3

I have been using Acure Shampoo that I picked up at a health food and beauty store.  I am loving it.  Its suds up nice and has a subtle almond scent.  I will repurchase when I am in the store again.   I haven't been conditioning my hair because my hair is fine and in good shape right now.  So, I am just relying on some good styling products.   But, when I do condition, I use Paul Mitchell Detangler.  Its lightweight and doesn't overwhelm my fine hair. 

I am looking for a good shampoo and conditioner for bleached hair.

It is my first time blond so I am not really used to dealing with hair that is damaged. I have bought all the usual ones you can find in the supermarket but I don't mind having a little splurge.

Can anyone recommend anything?

:)

I used to have almost white, blonde hair. I LOVED the biolage hair mask, I believe it had deep condition in it. It made my hair baby soft. The brand Enjoy also has a hair mask and it's in a purple tube (unless they changed it). But those were the ones I loved the most!

• Like 1

I'm usually hooked on Biolage. I love the smell of the one for color treated hair. I also love Enjoy, even though I can't find it ANYWHERE out here. They all smell soooo good and make my hair feel so clean. Their leave in conditioner makes me want to smell my hair all day. LOL

I'm going to second the Pureology recommendation. It's good stuff. But I have to say that my favorite is the Alterna Caviar line. It's a little expensive, so I don't recommend trying it if you don't want to make a commitment. If you try it once, you can never go back! ;) just kidding of course, but it is amazing stuff.

• Like 2