"Clean Hair" between shampoos?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there! I have somewhat fine hair (though a good amount of it) and I try not to wash my hair every day (usually every other). Are there any good tips/tricks/products out there for keeping hair clean looking (non greasy) between washings?

I know you can just rinse your hair and not shampoo, but I would also like to avoid the hairdryer in between washings as well. It's all about the health of the hair!

Thanks,

Cass

Keep from touching it a lot... oils from your hands and fingers can make it greasier faster. Also, you might wanna try HealthySexyHair Soy Milk shampoo & conditioner... for some reason since I've been using it, my hair doesn't get greasy as fast, and it's quicker to blowdry. (Which I have come to hate also, so I know the feeling lol) and it oddly enough... makes my hair straighter... like flat iron looking w/ just a dryer & brush! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Great! I am going to the beauty supply store today and will purchase all of the products you mentioned. Yeah!!! I am a beauty junkie :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Have you found any good websites that give good ideas and instructions for hairstyles (not cuts, but different things to do with your hair if it is a certain length)? Can you tell I am bored while it is growing out? I am attaching a link to a gallery of pictures. They are mostly of my newborn twins but click on the pick of the 4 of us so you can see what my hair looks like right now. Let me know if you have any ideas :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

http://cass.smugmug.com/gallery/1094513/1/50894703

Cass

Awww Cass!! They're adorable!!! Congrats! :icon_chee :icon_love

I love your hair actually... the color is great & I think you did a nice job with the style!! :clap The bangs are adorable :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If you want... the "Ultimate Hairstyle" thread that is a 'sticky' on top of the hair forum has some links for hair ideas. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OK, I will check out that thread, thanks. Yeah, the style is good, I think I just want to grow it a bit so I can do more with it (like throw it back in a ponytail when both babes are crying and I don't have time to even breathe!).

Cass

For some reason, these look silly on me! Maybe I am too old for that look (38) or maybe I am not doing it right?

Hey, I read a bit about that shampoo that you recommended and I am wondering if you think it might be too heavy for someone with fine hair like mine. What do you think?

Cass

I thought it would be too, which is why it was the last of their line that I've tried... but ironically it worked out the best on me.. and I have fine (easily greased) hair too ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Just don't condition near the scalp... only the ends. (whatever would stick out the back of a pony) They are the dryest part of the hair anyway... ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

great! Be sure to let me know how it works out... I have the HUGE bottles that I had bought at the trade show, but I'd get the smaller ones first to be sure you like it... ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back