Clarifying Shampoo for Color Treated Hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just went for my first swim of the season today, and despite having a salt water pool I discovered my hair felt very dry and a bit limp after I got out. I used a deep conditioning mask on my hair, however it still seems a bit brittle and in need of clarifying. Does anyone have a good suggestion for a clarifying shampoo that doesn't dry out your hair, or a good deep conditioning mask? 

The Matrix Biolage Ultra Hydrating Shampoo can be a good bet.The  dry hair shampoo has a creamy formula, which sits back deep into the scalp and cleans the hair beautifully. Its ultra hydrating effect is best suitable for dry hair as it needs a lot of hydration. If you have thick hair then this shampoo is best suited for you. Best results are seen when you use this shampoo along with Matrix Hydrating conditioner.

Moroccan Oil has a clarifying shampoo that is color safe! Won't dry out your hair like other clarifying shampoos.

Enjoy has a blue bottle shampoo that is clarifying. I would use it and my hair felt squeaky clean. For the hair mask I love Biolage deep condition I think it's called, it's in a white pot. It's a 10 also has a mask but I can't remember the name of it, it also smelled really good!

For removal of pool chemicals, a good thing to look for is "chelating shampoo". The only one of these I've used is Quantum (this: http://www.amazon.com/Zotos-Quantum-Clarifying-Shampoo-Liter/dp/B003JN0NX4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1399438796&sr=8-2&keywords=quantum+shampoo). It's clarifying while also conditioning. I don't think it says anything about being color-safe, but I do dye my hair and saw no problem at all. As for deep conditioners/masks, I highly recommend L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm. That stuff is amazing.

If you want a amazing way to clarify hair use about 1/2 cup of white vinegar and  a tsp of baking soda. Wet your hair, pour the vinegar on run rub it in and rinse thoroughly . Then wash your hair! I have been using this for years and your hair will be cleaned and fluffy.. gentle to use on color hair!

Back