ramblingsofkai

Memebox Spoilers!

Wow that is a load of crap in CW3! I hope at least that $47 cream is good to make up for the rest of the stuff. Anyway, I have CW4 coming with Dry and Sensitive in a bundle. Regretting it, but I still want D&S with fast shipping. Nuts!

• Like 1

Wow that is a load of crap in CW3! I hope at least that $47 cream is good to make up for the rest of the stuff. Anyway, I have CW4 coming with Dry and Sensitive in a bundle. Regretting it, but I still want D&S with fast shipping. Nuts!

They still have the OMG4 and Dry and Sensitive Bundle available. 

Oh, and the cream is selling on the company's official website for $12. (I had the same thought...I was hoping the cream would be the needle in the haystick for me).

They still have the OMG4 and Dry and Sensitive Bundle available. 

Oh, and the cream is selling on the company's official website for $12. (I had the same thought...I was hoping the cream would be the needle in the haystick for me).

Yeah, I am thinking about it. I have never gotten an OMG box, but I do wish I had gotten #1 and #2 both. My biggest concern is that so many people have said the OMG boxes weren't OMG enough that they might stick some really weird stuff in #4. I like the level of OMGness they've already done and I don't want any more than that, lol! Also, I keep thinking of the whole horse oil issue. I'd hate it if they used OMG 4 to dump off some stuff that had Mayu in it. But that CW3 box is about as scary as Mayu. Actually, I find the items the opposite of cute, as in UGLY! Really. It isn't a too childish thing, it is simply that I don't think the items are cute at all!

ETA: Actually, it is that stupid big doll like item that overshadows the whole box. That thing is ugly. The rest is just boring. Here's what I think the issue is--In Cutewishlist #1, they put in the cupcakes, the animal lotions, and the candy cane lip balm. For all of those items, the packaging itself was cute. The cupcakes were shaped like cupcakes and the lip balm like the candy cane. It wasn't just a picture of something slapped on a normally shaped container. Here, the images are arguably somewhat cute, but they are just images placed onto boring containers. I think what we think of when we think of cute is that the packaging itself has a cute shape and then the image on it goes with that shape. That is something you can't recreate at home. But if you wanted, you could always put cute stickers on a regular container at home. Big difference!

Edited by Heather Hicks
  • Like 1

Yeah, I am thinking about it. I have never gotten an OMG box, but I do wish I had gotten #1 and #2 both. My biggest concern is that so many people have said the OMG boxes weren't OMG enough that they might stick some really weird stuff in #4. I like the level of OMGness they've already done and I don't want any more than that, lol! Also, I keep thinking of the whole horse oil issue. I'd hate it if they used OMG 4 to dump off some stuff that had Mayu in it. But that CW3 box is about as scary as Mayu. Actually, I find the items the opposite of cute, as in UGLY! Really. It isn't a too childish thing, it is simply that I don't think the items are cute at all!

Honestly, the OMG things from box 1 and 2 seem to be more unique than "OMG." And nothing basic like snail mucin or synake or plant placenta or pig collagen shock me in any way. I love the OMG boxes because they do contain some great products, and the value is definitely there for me. 

Horse oil isn't exactly a popular thing, and Pure Smile is a Japanese brand. I've only seen two Korean items with it, and both stated Horse Oil clearly in the title. It's not a big thing, and I would not expect it in any of the Memeboxes. I don't think Memebox would even feature the Mayu sheet masks in the boxes, I really think it just happened to be one of the several varieties, I don't think they selected that purposely. The skincare products I've seen with horse oil were from well established brands and were on the expensive side, I really do not believe that those sorts of brands are going to try to break into the US market with such a product. 

The OMG #3 was the box that they said was going to really shock and amaze us. But the spoiler was a donkey milk oil mist. If that's what they think will shock and intrigue us, I think OMG 4 won't be much different. I mean, this is what, the 4th donkey milk product? 

Honestly, the OMG things from box 1 and 2 seem to be more unique than "OMG." And nothing basic like snail mucin or synake or plant placenta or pig collagen shock me in any way. I love the OMG boxes because they do contain some great products, and the value is definitely there for me. 

Horse oil isn't exactly a popular thing, and Pure Smile is a Japanese brand. I've only seen two Korean items with it, and both stated Horse Oil clearly in the title. It's not a big thing, and I would not expect it in any of the Memeboxes. I don't think Memebox would even feature the Mayu sheet masks in the boxes, I really think it just happened to be one of the several varieties, I don't think they selected that purposely. The skincare products I've seen with horse oil were from well established brands and were on the expensive side, I really do not believe that those sorts of brands are going to try to break into the US market with such a product. 

The OMG #3 was the box that they said was going to really shock and amaze us. But the spoiler was a donkey milk oil mist. If that's what they think will shock and intrigue us, I think OMG 4 won't be much different. I mean, this is what, the 4th donkey milk product? 

I did it. Cancelled bundle with CW4 and got OMG4 bundle instead. I hope you are right. Unique I like. Crazy, disgusting, scary--um, no thanks!

Really hoping cute wishlist 4 has some animal themed items (looking at the image for it, it has animals / cupcake) so fingers crossed. I'm new to Memebox so missed the first two cute boxes but the third one should arrive by the end of the week. Its not overly cute but as I've not tried any of the products (including the Hope Girl lip balm - though do have a lipstick from the Pullano box), I'm not too fussed though can see why it would be annoying if its been in a few boxes lately.

• Like 1

I think most other countries can't believe we eat steroid-injected chicken. :)

I hear you, though. I hope these horses lived long and comfortable lives before being turned into cosmetics and glue. I don't feel bad about putting spiders and snails on my face, but since we have such close relationships with horses, it feels a bit weird.

But hey, I eat meat and wear leather, so I guess it doesn't bother me too much.

Anddd.. I mean in a lot of places that eat horses, they've been using workhorses for awhile and then eat as meat i think once the horse gets too old. I think it's important to remember that not all countries are as privileged as we are to have giant supermarkets stocked with food and sometimes you gotta eat what's available. People eat what they have to in order to survive. Besides which, I'm sure there are people who keep, say, cows as pets and can't believe we would eat those either. =/ (I am a meat-eater though I do occasionally feel guilty when I see how adorable cows and chickens and pigs etc can be)

Cosmetics ARE another thing though... I mean I personally don't feel icky about using animal products on my skin as long as they've been procured in a non cruel way (like salting snails... yuck), but if I took a step back and thought about it, it is sort of messed up that we take stuff from animals for our vanity? *shrug*

• Like 1

Since I haven't seen any spoilers for K Style 3 I figured I would do it, lol.

post-89033-0-55735300-1413572965_thumb.jpg

post-89033-0-75877900-1413573001_thumb.jpg

post-89033-0-30721300-1413573037_thumb.jpg

I got the jewelish shadow stick in 07 starship violet, a glittery cool toned light purple

Color Fit creamy lip & cheek in 03 Raspberry, reminds me of MAC saint germain in terms of color

Soft fit mix & match pencil and powder shadow in 02 brown liner & peach tip, shimmery medium brown pencil and shimmery peach shadow.

Edited by paradoxnerd
  • Like 6

MCW3/Kstyle3 is really disappointing for me. K style 3 just looks so....empty. At least OMG3 makes up for it...I'm a little tempted to cancel my MCW4/OMG4/Kstyle4 bundle and get other boxes instead but then again what if the next ones are amazing?! Struggles of an addict.

@@Renata P if you're in the Facebook group for Memebox there are spoilers posted on there

@@engawa thank you. I will try to join the group. There are actually a few groups for Memebox on FB: which one are you talking about?

"Memebox Addicts" seems to be the most popular one. Joanna Lee, a legitimate representative of Memebox occasionally posts on there too, which is awesome. :)

I'm so let down my the #3 series of k-style, omg and cute. Equally as bad if you ask me. Concidering cancelling the #4 editions bundle I bought now.

the honey cream in OMG 3 is the only thing that interests me in that box.

I did order omg4 based on the promise that was made to lorna.   And I have mcw4 as well - and if that one sucks, I won't be ordering another one of those cute wishlist boxes.

I hope that memebox reads here and understands what we customers believe that OMG and Cute Kawaii items should be like.

Edited by biancardi

Just received the Omg3+CWL3 ..It was't so omg or cute. My OMG box smelt super minty. I'm not sure if that the donkey perfume or the bar soap

I was hoping Memebox would somehow improve on these boxes..since they are currently in their 4th series soon to be shipped. 

I still think CWL1 was the best out of the three I have. Like please Memebox release a spoiler for MCL4 so I know whether to cancel or not -.-

I was actually very happy with KS3 and OMG3. I didn't think there was anything particularly OMG about box 3, but I'll use all the products in it, which will be a first. The cute box.....was not cute. Not even at all really. Ill use most of that stuff too, except the doll sunscreen. I'll pass on that.

Its highly unlikely I'll order any of the other editions of these boxes though. I'll just live vicariously through all of you. :)

Very Berry box - sorry for the crappy pictures - I am at work and have to do this covertly

skin cronies cronies aronia moisture cream 50 mL $63.00

konad niju blueberry hand cream 60ml $6.00

Swanicoco super brightening hydro solution 20ml  $33.00

reinplatz essence mask $2.00 randomly picked from blueberry, mulberry, raspberry.  I got raspberry

borntree vita berry cleansing foam 150 mL $48.00

e-choice fall in love berry body lotion 120g $3.00

yadah lovely lip tint stick $10  randomly selected from strawberry smoothie, cherry punch - I got strawberry

post-103689-0-18181400-1413993811_thumb.pngpost-103689-0-58834900-1413993818_thumb.pngpost-103689-0-32708100-1413993828_thumb.png

• Like 8

I got the berry berry tint in the just gellin'  - I am going to give this to our student worker - she made me open my boxes up at the front desk and she ooooohhh when she saw that.  I won't use it - it is just a clear gloss to me!! post-103689-0-49808200-1413994281_thumb.pngpost-103689-0-54306600-1413994265_thumb.png

• Like 8

Wow, so happy I got Very Berry. Been eyeing more products from Borntree. So really happy we got the cleansing foam! The essence also seems really good! Hope it smells yummy :D

Very Berry looks ace! :D Thanks for the card pics @@biancardi do you mind if I steal them for a UK facebook group, I will credit you xx

Edited by marliepanda