Memebox 9 Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I thought I'd start the first specific thread for a box. 

Has anyone else tried the Gokul (?) Cleanser? I tried it a couple of days ago and couldn't get over the smell. It smells really awful and I was actually reluctant to use it. But, I did use it as a quick mask, like the instructions said. After washing it off, my skin was really clear! I usually have a bit of redness and my redness was gone after using it.

Even though it smells bad, I think I really like it! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And it has a really interesting texture.

I skipped out on box 9 and I'm kind of kicking myself for it now! I would really love to try the Gokmul cleanser. I have a bit of redness in my cheeks and would love to see if this product could help out.

I just got this box and I love it. Haven't tried the Gokmul yet but going to try later today. I am not a hair care person at all, but the shampoo is great!

I just got this box and I love it. Haven't tried the Gokmul yet but going to try later today. I am not a hair care person at all, but the shampoo is great!
I have really been liking the shampoo as well! I tend to be pretty picky about shampoos and the samples I get in boxes almost always fail to work for me. I don't think I'll purchase the full size because I am in love with the Fekkai Brilliant Glossing line, but you can get it for much cheaper than the price they listed on the box card ($90). I even found a shampoo + conditioner combo on ebay for $20.

I have really been liking the shampoo as well! I tend to be pretty picky about shampoos and the samples I get in boxes almost always fail to work for me. I don't think I'll purchase the full size because I am in love with the Fekkai Brilliant Glossing line, but you can get it for much cheaper than the price they listed on the box card ($90). I even found a shampoo + conditioner combo on ebay for $20.
Is this the Kerasys one? I love the smell. It seems to last even after I used my other conditioner after shampooing. So much better than the Vedacell one (box 8) that does nothing but smell like oriental herbs imho.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if I'm getting this box or not! I had issues with my payment and they just took it out on Thursday..but the box has been sold out for a while! Hoping they respond to my email soon with an update. 

It looks like a great box though, so I hope I get it! 

Is this the Kerasys one? I love the smell. It seems to last even after I used my other conditioner after shampooing. So much better than the Vedacell one (box 8) that does nothing but smell like oriental herbs imho.
Aww, I actually like the shampoo from box 8. XD I mean, I wouldn't buy it, but it's not bad! I kinda like the scent.

It's good to know the other shampoo can be gotten so cheap! I'm going to try it out tonight! But I really love the AG stimulating shampoo/conditioner, so not sure if anything can be that for me!

Used the Gokmul cleanser again. I love the results, but I'm thinking I'm going to need to toss it out because of this scent. XD I really want to know if I'm the only one who has a problem with it!

Used the Gokmul cleanser again. I love the results, but I'm thinking I'm going to need to toss it out because of this scent. XD I really want to know if I'm the only one who has a problem with it!
No, you're not! I also find the smell horrible but the results are great esp. for my oily parts and occasional breakouts so I'll probably endure it. I've used it twice already as a mask and peeling and it works great. The smell is the worst during application so I just try not to breathe too deeply and do my thing LOL

I'm currently using the little boh samples (radiant youth ampoule essence and the moist youth ampoule essence) and love them! They smell great too and feel really good on my skin :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Really been hydrating my skin too!

This is my first memebox ever and I love it! The gokmul cleanser masque is awesome. The smell is not good but I can get past it because my skin has never been so soft.

I love the feel of the gokmul cleanser - it's got such a nice soft, fine foam to it and leaves my skin super soft. But the smell! It smells like brown rice, but so strongly, it makes me gag. But I'm willing to suffer for beauty so I'll keep using it.

ok so the gokmul has great results and i don't smell any horrid aroma no more been using a week, i hear you all say how do you not smell it,well i spray perfume or air freshener just before using. remember the results far out do the smell ,there is always a round things if need be,

ok so the gokmul has great results and i don't smell any horrid aroma no more been using a week, i hear you all say how do you not smell it,well i spray perfume or air freshener just before using. remember the results far out do the smell ,there is always a round things if need be,
lol ikr. It didn't bother me that much. Smells of mung beans/ fermented bean paste/ soil. The things we would do for beauty...

Okay after reading about how bad it smells, I just opened up the gokmul cleanser...I don't think it smells that bad? I've smelled worse. Also this is the thing I'm most excited about. And the shampoo because it smells amazing.

Used the gokmul this morning and totally fell in love with it. Maybe my nose has malfunctioned. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  But I'm half asian so I love the smell of beans/ green tea etc. Would love to swap if anyone doesn't want it! Have a bunch of masks...pm~ (will also post in swap thread soon)

I used to gokmul cleanser for the first time last night. I could still smell it when I went to sleep. lol.

Also, the shampoo smells much less amazing now that it's on my head and I can't get rid of it. Seriously, this stuff is stroooooooooong.

My box 9 just got delivered! \0/ Got hardcore red for the gloss and not sure what to do about it, since i rarely wear red on my lips lol! So tempted to try the Gokmul cleanser tonight!

My box 9 just got delivered! \0/ Got hardcore red for the gloss and not sure what to do about it, since i rarely wear red on my lips lol! So tempted to try the Gokmul cleanser tonight!
I got that one too, and I think it's great. It's nice deep red when it's on. I wore with with pixi's endless silky eye pen in cafe gold (my favorite brown liner) and be a bombshell eyeshadow in tease (cause I was getting wild and because I was trying to use the products from my lip factory box) and everyone was complimenting me all day. Although next time I probably won't wear it with the shadow because I'm not a bold eye shadow kinda gal.

But really the gloss was oddly my favorite thing from the box.

Latest posts

Back