Memebox Issues

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luxx22

♥ ☼ ♥ ☼ ♥
Reaction score
This is about any issue that has arised with memebox.

My specific issue is that when I changed my email on my memebox account it didnt send me a notification or anything to my original email. Unfortunately when I changed it, I must had typed my new email address in wrong and saved it, so now I can't login to my account, because the email address was typed wrong. Still waiting for a reply for Memebox to help me fix this. I do wish there was more security options when it comes to accounts, and hopefully they can rectify this soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I received my very first Memebox (Superbox by THEFACESHOP) and there is a 3-Nail Polish box which arrived with at least one of the Nail Polish Broken.

Memebox The Faceshop Nail Polish.jpg

I think this is a common problem either for this specific box of Nail Polish, or just polishes in general.  I did also get a box with individually bubble-wrapped Nail Polishes, and those were fine upon arrival.

The most upsetting thing is that the broken polish spilled onto other items in the box, and reeks of solvent / polish. I've quarantined the broken polish box in 2 layers of zip lock AND a separate box, and my room still reeks of polish.

I wrote to customer service at Memebox so we will see what happens. I really want to just throw away the stupid polish as I'm pretty sure USPS won't let me mail it out (solvents are on their 'No No' list) and don't feel like paying international shipping for 1) a broken item and 2) something that was Memebox's fault (poor packaging).

I really hope the response isn't along the lines of "Too bad, so sad" like the last email I had sent them (turned out to be expired coupon code).

**fingers crossed**

Well I received my very first Memebox (Superbox by THEFACESHOP) and there is a 3-Nail Polish box which arrived with at least one of the Nail Polish Broken.

Memebox The Faceshop Nail Polish.jpg

I think this is a common problem either for this specific box of Nail Polish, or just polishes in general.  I did also get a box with individually bubble-wrapped Nail Polishes, and those were fine upon arrival.

The most upsetting thing is that the broken polish spilled onto other items in the box, and reeks of solvent / polish. I've quarantined the broken polish box in 2 layers of zip lock AND a separate box, and my room still reeks of polish.

I wrote to customer service at Memebox so we will see what happens. I really want to just throw away the stupid polish as I'm pretty sure USPS won't let me mail it out (solvents are on their 'No No' list) and don't feel like paying international shipping for 1) a broken item and 2) something that was Memebox's fault (poor packaging).

I really hope the response isn't along the lines of "Too bad, so sad" like the last email I had sent them (turned out to be expired coupon code).

**fingers crossed**
That's no fun, hopefully the re-send it . Keep us updated on their response :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I want to see your response as I got no real response with my sun powder thing that exploded on opening.

Yea so far, nada. Last time I wrote to Memebox it took ~ 3 business days and that was before the 1 week May vacation, so we will see when/if/how they respond.

Yea so far, nada. Last time I wrote to Memebox it took ~ 3 business days and that was before the 1 week May vacation, so we will see when/if/how they respond.
Try sending a message Via facebook, They just responded to me.

^ OK, thanks, Will do. I guess the order of Customer Service for Memebox is:

1. Facebook Messages

2. Emails

Not the order that I would go with (should be same priority and first come first serve) but I'm also not making $$$ hand over fist selling beauty product boxes so what do I know.

Oh right, I'm just one of the customers shelling out lots of $$$ to support said business. **sarcasm**

^ OK, thanks, Will do. I guess the order of Customer Service for Memebox is:

1. Facebook Messages

2. Emails

Not the order that I would go with (should be same priority and first come first serve) but I'm also not making $$$ hand over fist selling beauty product boxes so what do I know.

Oh right, I'm just one of the customers shelling out lots of $$$ to support said business. **sarcasm**
It took them a week to answer my email in April, and I emailed them a week before there holiday, and still no email, but they responded on facebook. Not sure what that's about.

I have been emailing Memebox over two broken products, both lip balm/tints, but haven't heard from them :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have just sent them a message on Facebook with these pictures and hope they respond there.

The lippie in Superbox 5 looked squashed into the lid even with the seal. When I opened it, the bullet was separate from the tube.

Memebox-superbox-5-makeup-only-beauty-box-review-unboxing+%2819%29.JPG
Memebox-superbox-5-makeup-only-beauty-box-review-unboxing+%2823%29.JPG

The same thing had happened to the lip balm in the Banila Co. box:

Memebox-banila-co-special-beauty-box-review-unboxing+%2819%29.JPG

I submitted an email on May 5th (and a couple of days later, a Facebook message) to Memebox regarding my broken nail polish in one of the boxes and received a reply this morning:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, May 9, 2014 at 4:37 AM
Subject: Re: Item Broke and Spilled in Box (Photo included)

Hi,

We are so sorry!
We hope the rest of the items in your order are not damaged.

Here is what we can do for you. 
1) We can send you the same item in your next shipment 
or 
2) we can give you 6 points to your account.You can use your points just as cash up to $50 per purchase on any items available on our site!
We strongly recommend getting the points, since there is always a chance that the product is damaged again or if we have trouble getting the same product, there will be a delay in your shipment.

Please let us know which option you prefer. Thank you so much for your understanding.
So I asked for the 6pt option as I'd rather get some credit towards a future box.

4 Days for CS isn't bad, especially accounting for the 1 week vacation they had.

There has been no reply to the Facebook Message. So I guess it's a toss-up between the two ways to contact them, and which CS person answers which first.

I received a reply, via email. They are offering five points for both broken lippies, or to replace them. I have not responded... would like suggestions. Both items are lip balms, no colour to write home about. If I ask for a replacement, what if it breaks again? Do I take the five points?

I got my Nakedboxes 11, 14 and 15 today. but the slowganic cleanser is missing from 15. I bought 14 and 15 mainly for those cleansers.

I just emailed them. Has anyone have missing items in their boxes and what does Memebox do about it?

I checked my account this morning, and in addition to the 15 points that everyone should have today, I also had 3 points added for a 10 Minute Box shipping delay, and another 3 added for a Green Tea Box item replacement.  Did anyone else that ordered either or both of these boxes have the same points deposited, and do you know what it's about?  I don't care so much about a shipping delay, but I'm curious about the Green Tea Box item replacement - does that mean a product is no longer being sent, and I'm getting 3 points to make up for it, or is a lesser valued product being put in its place, or what?

eta Never mind, it's being discussed over in the main thread. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just got emails about both of them, and thought I'd post the explanations here in case anyone else was curious:

10 Minute Box:  "We regret to inform you that the shipping date of Memebox 10 Minute Box has been delayed to May 30th, 2014.
For us to secure only the best items from some of the brands included in Memebox 10 Minute Box, the shipping date had to be delayed for a couple of days. To be more specific, the handling of the Memebox 10 Minute Box products within the related brands took a little bit longer than we previously expected. Again, we sincerely apologize for your inconvenience."

Green Tea Box:  "We regret to inform you that the due to some issues that we have been experiencing, the "RECIPE COSMETICS' Green Tea Cleansing Oil" that you were expecting to be included in your Superbox #15 Green Tea Box will be replaced with a different product."

I'd have to chime in and say that I appreciate the 3 pts as a compensation for the shipping delay. The fact that Memebox actually thought about the issue, and decided to offer a small amount of discount to those affected, was a really smart decision.

Not only does the credit of points appease the potential mob (LOL, MemeMob), business-wise it encourages additional purchases from the same company.

So this post is less about a specific issue, and more with my praise of how Memebox is handling their problems (at least, wrt shipping delays)

I'd have to chime in and say that I appreciate the 3 pts as a compensation for the shipping delay. The fact that Memebox actually thought about the issue, and decided to offer a small amount of discount to those affected, was a really smart decision.

Not only does the credit of points appease the potential mob (LOL, MemeMob), business-wise it encourages additional purchases from the same company.

So this post is less about a specific issue, and more with my praise of how Memebox is handling their problems (at least, wrt shipping delays)
I completely agree with this.  Most companies would just send a "it's gonna be delayed, sorry!" email and leave it at that.  And yep, adding points means I buy more from them, so it's a win/win for us both!

I checked my account this morning, and in addition to the 15 points that everyone should have today, I also had 3 points added for a 10 Minute Box shipping delay, and another 3 added for a Green Tea Box item replacement. Did anyone else that ordered either or both of these boxes have the same points deposited, and do you know what it's about? I don't care so much about a shipping delay, but I'm curious about the Green Tea Box item replacement - does that mean a product is no longer being sent, and I'm getting 3 points to make up for it, or is a lesser valued product being put in its place, or what?

eta Never mind, it's being discussed over in the main thread. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I really wanted to try that cleanser too :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I bought the Green Tea Box knowing it will in the box.

I got an email today giving me 5 points because of the fact that the cleansers were not supposed to be in Naked box #15. Not impressed, one of the main reasons I bought that box was for that and the BB cream.

Latest posts

Back