Memebox: For Hair and Body Discussion - Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissJexie

Rachel
Reaction score
MEMEBOX FOR HAIR AND BODY SHIPPING APRIL 23rd
 ​
Korea's beauty obsession extends beyond cosmetics!

Hair and beauty products are no exception! Introducing our new series, Memebox: Hair and Body.

We have selected a wide but unique range of hair and body care products, including body patches to perfume.
 ​
 ​
 ​

I think this box has a larger selection of items, that we can try out. I really like this box, especially the perfume and the slimming patch.

I just got mine today! I think it's really great, a wide selection of products which are not popular at all in Europe, so I'm very happy to try sth entirely new. And I love the perfume in a tube idea, it's great for travelling. My scent in Gleaming Bijou and I adore it!

I really liked this box, I'm really looking forward to trying all the items.

I think my favorite is going to be the hair treatment, in cherry blossom.

my box arrived ,I'm loving the refreshing green tea perfume.and the cherry blossom  hair treatment is gonna be used and abused for sure.

edited  to add i love the new style box it came in. and another colour outer packaging in red.

Last edited by a moderator:
awww last i tracked, it just reached the post office. so i guess i have to wait a bit longer since tmr is labor's day.

well, happy holidays ladies!  :laughing:

Hi everyone! Hope everyone is having a great time with their box (I'm still waiting on mine to come in). In the meanwhile, I'm going to re-post this post I just wrote in the main thread. This concerns the body patches.

According to Memebox, ingredients in the patches include caffeine, menthol, extract from hot pepper, green tea, orange peel, grape seed oil.

Caffeine is the main ingredient for this patch, because it constricts blood vessels, causing the appearance of a firming effect. This is, of course, temporary. Check out caffeine's effects on skin here (not a primary source, but it has citations): http://health.howstu...re-products.htm

Menthol is a known skin irritant, despite the cooling sensation (which at certain levels of menthol is actually burning because it causes activation of pain receptors). See more on menthol here: http://onlinelibrary...4.tb03871.x/pdf

I'd rather not talk at length about menthol because I know a lot of people love the feeling and would feel offended if I told them it was potentially dangerous and likely noneffective at... anything, other than pain reduction when it comes to higher temperatures. Which is why it is included in this product, because of the hot pepper extract, aka capsaicin. Is also may reduce the integrity of the epidermal membrane, which would allow the caffeine and other ingredients to enter the skin more readily. However, that leaves your skin weakened.

Capsaicin is a vasodilator, meaning it dilates (opens) blood vessels. The result is increased circulation to the area. Which causes swelling. Sound contradictory? That's because it is! I'm going to guess that this increased circulation is supposed to "detox" the area, leading to longer term firming effects. Unfortunately, that's a load of bull I just made up right now to make it sound effective. And that's exactly what they'll tell you if you ask them what the capsaicin is supposed to do. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

What does capsaicin do? Well, it's an pain reducer... eventually. Although initially it generally results in burning sensations and is overall painful, after initial applications, capsaicin is an effective pain reliever, and is sometimes used for those with arthritis and similar chronic joint pains. It relieves pain at least partially because it degenerates nerve fibers in your skin (they do regenerate, albeit slowly). Read about that experiment here: http://www.sciencedi...30439599900007X That's not to scaremonger or anything! Many people use capsaicin for pain relief, especially in Asian countries (I've got some capsaicin-laced bandages in my bedroom right now). They do not leave any permanent effects, except maybe in terms of cold sensitivity, as the link above explains.

IN SUMMARY:

-the patches work mostly by the topical effects of caffeine

-effects are TEMPORARY and caused by constriction of blood vessels in the area -- same result as putting a cold pack on your eyes to firm up under eye bags

-cold sensation is due to menthol, which is a skin irritant but may allow the ingredients to enter the skin more readily (at a potential risk)

-burning sensation is due to capsaicin, the thing that makes peppers spicy; it is, eventually, a pain reliever -- it may have been added to improve circulation, but why that would firm anything up or reduce swelling (as a vasodilator, it actually induces swelling initially) is up in the air

Although it's supposed to hurt initially because of the capsaicin, in my experience it should only be a dull, lingering burn, like turning up the water just a bit too hot for comfort. If it hurts a lot, please stop using it! Your skin may simply be sensitive to menthol and/or capsaicin, and it's not worth hurting your skin for a temporary firming effect.

This has been Bunny's Fun Fact Science Corner. :wizard:
Be educated, be informed, and be careful! Listen to your skin and proceed with caution. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just used the nail therapy masks today. Absolutely fantastic. My nail beds haven't looked like this since before I started working retail! Super hydrating, highly recommended. Does contain citrus, so do be careful going out in the sun right after using these.

I just used the nail therapy masks today. Absolutely fantastic. My nail beds haven't looked like this since before I started working retail! Super hydrating, highly recommended. Does contain citrus, so do be careful going out in the sun right after using these.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I received the Hair and Body box yesterday and planned to give the nail therapy masks away to my sister -- but after reading your comments, I'm inclined to try it. Is it a one-time use item? I have not opened it yet.

Just got my box today and can't wait to try out basically all of it! It's a nice little break from all the skincare and makeup I've been getting from Meme.

I did go to the website of the company that makes the nail masks, Kocostar.ca, and saw that they literally only sell the three items on the card: Nail Mask, Hail Mask, Pore Brush. Wish they had more to choose from and I might take them up on that coupon!

Thanks for sharing your experience. I received the Hair and Body box yesterday and planned to give the nail therapy masks away to my sister -- but after reading your comments, I'm inclined to try it. Is it a one-time use item? I have not opened it yet.
Yup, just a one use, but there are three sets in the package. Don't expect to be useful for the time you have them on... apparently, fingers are important. They're about 1.5" long bags/masks that go over the fingertips (they're actually a tiny bit different in size for the pinky and thumb, so watch out before you put all of them on only to find that your thumb won't fit into the pinky mask... like me.

It's been a day now and although some of the effects have worn off (I woke up with a few hangnails on my index, as always) I still think my cuticles are much better than they would have been otherwise. I say try one, and if you don't like it then give the other two away!

Hi everyone! Hope everyone is having a great time with their box (I'm still waiting on mine to come in). In the meanwhile, I'm going to re-post this post I just wrote in the main thread. This concerns the body patches.

Be educated, be informed, and be careful! Listen to your skin and proceed with caution. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thanks for the heads up!!!! I won't be using the body patch's.

Last edited by a moderator:
:bangs head on wall!!:  Man, I never manage to buy memeboxes that are filled with stuff I want!  From looking up spoilers of this box- I'm in love with 7 out of 8 things in it!!   I just have bad luck buying the boxes... I always seem to miss the ones that I want the most and the others I take a gamble on, don't always work out well...

grumble grumble... (dont mind me, I got some recent boxes in with most stuff I can't use on my skin, Im just grumpy).. at least I managed to get bounce cheese cream finally & the sep face mask sheets were awesome. 

:bangs head on wall!!:  Man, I never manage to buy memeboxes that are filled with stuff I want!  From looking up spoilers of this box- I'm in love with 7 out of 8 things in it!!   I just have bad luck buying the boxes... I always seem to miss the ones that I want the most and the others I take a gamble on, don't always work out well...

grumble grumble... (dont mind me, I got some recent boxes in with most stuff I can't use on my skin, Im just grumpy).. at least I managed to get bounce cheese cream finally & the sep face mask sheets were awesome. 
aww don't be. I'm sure memebox will come up with H&B #2 soon. Otherwise you can always head to the swap page. Its unfortunate the cheese cream didn't work for me and I used/opened it. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  But I have the SEP mask up for swap/sale. 

Yup, just a one use, but there are three sets in the package. Don't expect to be useful for the time you have them on... apparently, fingers are important. They're about 1.5" long bags/masks that go over the fingertips (they're actually a tiny bit different in size for the pinky and thumb, so watch out before you put all of them on only to find that your thumb won't fit into the pinky mask... like me.

It's been a day now and although some of the effects have worn off (I woke up with a few hangnails on my index, as always) I still think my cuticles are much better than they would have been otherwise. I say try one, and if you don't like it then give the other two away!
Thanks for answering my question, Bunbunny. I am traveling currently and my sister already stopped by my house and snagged the nail therapy treatment! Well, she told me that she enjoyed it very much, so it's all good! On that note, I would not be surprised if memebox came out with a box dedicated to hand/nail care -- featuring a few decadent nail polishes for the nail polish lovers!

I'm very surprised they haven't come out with such a box, to be honest!

It's been day 4 since using the foot peeling masks and there's literally been no change in my feet at all. I even saved the masks and wore them again for another hour on the second AND third days (since I figured my feet are so calloused, so why not?). Then they dried out completely and I threw them out.

I really hope it surprises me tomorrow with foot peeling goodness. I'd like some new looking toes for the summer, please and thank you.

Box #2 is out! I bought it. I saw some reviews on the 1st one and just looooooved everything in it. Hoping they do products along the same line for this one. Ships out June 20th, sigh. The wait for these things is unreal!

I was thinking the foot mask wasn't working either but then I started shedding everywhere! It is gross, but the new skin feels very smooth. I just is not coming off in any logical way or consistently; It started between my toes, then elsewhere, but my callused big toes seem to have nothing happening to them,,,,,

Yeah, my foot started peeling on the 5th day for two or three days! I was ecstatic (I have really bad feet so I was hoping this would make them like new). Unfortunately I barely peeled on the parts that actually needed it (my big toes and heels). I think I have to go through one or two more of these masks before I get "baby feet"... Does anyone know where to get them without being destroyed by shipping costs? I live in Canada.

Latest posts

Back