• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

tulosai's Summer Fairy list :)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am medium blonde and fair skinned. I'm usually the second lightest shade but sometimes the lightest.  I have normal to slightly oily skin.

I have absolutely no objection to receiving lightly used things you no longer need if you think I’d love them.

I have answered the long questionnaire, but below is a ‘short list’ of some things I like/love for your consideration if you don’t have time to read the long form :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

General Nail Polish Wants

Any nail art supplies or nail strips (i.e. Incoco, Sally Hansen), nail accessories.

Toe separators, Cuticle Oil, or foot creams and scrubs.

Brands: Any Indies, Opi, Essie, any of your favorites!

Finishes: Glitters or glitter bombs, Holos, Jellies, Duochromes, Thermals

Colors: Pastels and bright summery colors! No yellow please.

Other loves: Minis!

General Beauty Item Wants

Acne products
Anti aging stuffs
Anything organic
Bath bombs
Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle
Bright colored makeups
Colored mascaras or eyeliners
Face masks, also hair masks
Glitter, anything with glitter
Hair chalk
Lip scrubs
Oils of any kind
Soaps
Sugar Scrubs (like for the shower)

Brands I Like (Beauty)

Any Foreign Brands
Any Indie Brands
Beauty Protector
Buxom
Costal Scents
Fortune Cookie Soaps products
GlamNaturals blushes
Josie Maran
L'Occitane
Living Proof (Restore)
LUSH
MAKE
Shea Terra Organics
Tocca
Whish
General Items I like (not beauty related)

A list of your favorite tv shows or movies
Anything local to you!
Anything unique that I'd probably not have seen or tried before
Baked goods or a few of your favorite recipes (baked goods or cooking recipes, it's all good)
Books or a list of your favorite books. I especially love teen novels or chick lit. my Goodreads is here for an even better idea https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/6962109-kate
Candles
Candy, let's not lie (but not dark chocolate please)
Coloring books
Cute pens/journals/notebooks/etc
Handmade things
Ornaments
Other stuff for the house, especially if holiday themed (any holiday at all, I go crazy)
Stationary or cards or the like- I love writing notes to people
Stuff for my cats (they like presents too! and are lovers of fancy feast, toys, and treats!)
The color pink
Yarn
Specific Beauty Wants

Please note that I do NOT expect tor receive any of these and will be thrilled no matter what you get me.  I also know some are 'over budget' and want to be most especially clear that I do not expect anyone to go over budget.  They are also not meant to be an exhaustive list of things I'd love to try from the brands listed AT ALL. These are merely meant as a jumping off point if my Godfairy feels better about knowing /buying specific wants AND for my Godfairy to use if they so choose as inspiration in helping me discover other different products! They are also essentially compensating for the fact that I don't have a 'wishlist' at any specific website if my Godfairy would like one.

Lush: Bubblegum or mint julep or popcorn lip scrubs. Butterball, Rose Queen, Tisty Tosty, Softy, Fox in the Flowers, The Sicillian, or Sakura bath bombs. Madame Butterfly, Rose, Karma, French Kiss, or Pop in the Bath Bubble Bars. Dreamtime Luxury Bath Melt. The Sacred Truth Face Mask. ANY massage bar.

Stilla: After Glow Lip Color, Smudge Pot (NOT in black), Lip and Cheek Stain, Spring Fling Lip Glaze Trio, color me pretty lip and cheek palette, portrait of a perfect pout- vibrant lip, portrait of a perfect blush, Smudge Sticks.

And just a list of random things I LOVE that you can use or not:

Disney. Jane Austen. Hearts. Lace. Octopuses,  Le Petit Prince. Oscar Wilde. Paris. London. Amsterdam.  Venice. Florence. Degas. Renoir. Monet. Cinnamon. Pumpkin. Autumn. Spring. Musicals. Operas. French. White Wine. Cocktails. Knitting. Embroidery. Board games. Card Games. The Vampire Diaries. Reign. Harry Potter. The Hunger Games. Shakespeare.  Audrey Hepburn. Alfred Hitchcock. Woody Allen.  Pixar. Tangos. Game of Thrones. Buffy. Diet Cherry Coke. Romance. Gone With the Wind. Casablanca. Black and white photography. Cats. Fairy Tales.

Also including my survey for convenience:

Absolute must-answers (note:  If you do not wish to post answers to these three questions in public, please send a PM to @magicalmom.  These answers will only be shared with your Fairy Godparent):

• ALLERGIES!! Please list any allergies to products, foods, scents, etc., that you or anyone living in your household has! None, thank you!
  • Dietary restrictions: Do you or anyone in your household have any food-related restrictions/sensitivities, etc? Would you prefer not to receive food items? None and I would love yummy yummy food.
  • Skin allergies/sensitivities: Do you or anyone in your household have any skin allergies/sensitivities not already listed that your Fairy Godparent should know about (e.g., wool, metals in jewelry, etc)? Do you avoid silicone, sulfates, etc? None and no   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
Would you like to get a heads-up from a Fairy that your package is on its way, or would you prefer its delivery to be a complete surpriseWhatever my fairy is most comfortable with.  I am fine either way.

Not mandatory but cannot be recommended highly enough:  Do you have an on-forum swap/Midsummer Dream list?  If it's anywhere other than this post, URL here, please! I do!  http://www.makeuptal...t/#entry2189143

Basic background information:

Style descriptions! Brief is better.

• Makeup [SIZE=11.818181991577148px]Simple and understated during workweek, much crazier and brighter and sparkly on weekends.[/SIZE]
  • Hair My hair is thick and tangled constantly.  It is pretty long and medium blonde at the moment. It is usually pulled back.
  • Nails My nails are ALWAYS polished and often sparkly.
  • Skincare (face/neck) I am trying somewhat unsuccessfully to get into an anti-aging routine.  My skin is a bit oily and prone to acne.
  • Bodycare (every where else) I really love yummy yummy scents.
  • Home  I try to keep my home zen and peaceful... though sometimes it gets messier than I'd like   :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
More advanced questions:

• Solve for X: I am wearing too much X, and I DO NOT CARE! Glitter!
  • Cruelty-free or vegan. Important, must-have, nice, don't care?  Nice to have. 
  • You just won a $50 gift card to your favorite beauty store. Which store is it, and what will you buy? Probably Birchbox. Not sure what I'd buy first!
  • Please list any subscription boxes you receive, along with anything you may covet from recent boxes. Only Julep and Glitter Guilty right now. I have really really pared it down.
  • Assuming they are separately packaged and clearly labeled, what are your feelings on prepared-by-sender beauty items? Unsealed samples? Items from the bulk foods section? Any and all are 1000% fine by me.
  • Assuming the same dollar amount is spent, would you prefer several mini items, or one or two full-sized items? Definitely minis.

Brand-and-color-specific time!

• What is your all-time favorite beauty item and why? Right now I really am loving the Philosophy flavored lip shines.  They are quick, pretty, and taste delicious.  I also like Buxom mascara.
  • What specific product(s) are you lusting after? Feel free to link to a wishlist with particulars! Geek Chic cosmetics (anything but the Sherlock set, which I have), Shiro Cosmetics eyeshadows. Lush lip scrubs. Colored mascaras.
  • What make-up items do you use every day? Buxom mascara, Clinique super powder. Yesto cucumber or tomato wipes. Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle. Tocca hand cream.
  • What are your holy grail items? Holy crap? [SIZE=11.818181991577148px] [/SIZE][SIZE=11.818181991577148px]I don’t feel like I’ve really tried enough to know this. Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle is pretty awesome.[/SIZE]
  • What one item/product are you interested in, but just have't gotten around to trying? Jurlique Rose Love Balm, 29 Wine Blot Age Protecting Lip Treatment, Sephora + Pantone Universe Liquid Lash Silk Mascara in Emerald. Generally, I would LOVE to try some colored mascara or some unusually colored lipsticks. 
General product section, aka not brand/color specific

• What one product can you just not get enough of? Lippies and nail polish.
  • What one product do you actually use more than any other? What runs out quickest in your make-up drawer? Foundation.
  • What product(s) can you absolutely not use at all for reasons other than allergies/sensitivities listed in the background section (e.g., I can't use foot scrubbers because my feet are too ticklish)? None that I can think of.
  • What items (makeup/skincare/tool) do you feel are missing from your routine? Actually, sunscreen. Maybe primers?
  • What tools/products are you looking to add, even if they are not missing? I am not sure?
  • What beauty-related product(s) do you just not want to receive? I am also not sure. I think I am pretty easy to please!

Brands:

• What brand do you have more products from than any other? Any particular reason? I don’t know.  I am pretty distributed across brands.
  • What brand(s) have you been wanting to try but haven't gotten around to? I really want to try WEI, The Balm, Suki, TokyoMilk, and MAC!
  • What brand(s) do you not want? Bath and body works (unless it’s candles- can always use more candles!) just because I have sooooo much already.

Colors (not specific shades):

• Answer quick like a bunny! Favorite color? Pink.
  • Favorite color combination? Actually probably black white and gray.
  • Color scheme of your home/room, either in reality or your imagination My rooms all have different color themes.  Bedroom is pink and mint green, living room blue and white, kitchen yellow, bathroom green. Also do love purple/lilac or purple/lilac with white.
  • What one color (not brand/product specific) do you use more than any other? Why? Probably also pink.
  • Color(s) to avoid? None really. 

Scents

• What's your favorite perfume/wearable scent of all time? What's your favorite perfume/wearable scent to wear in the summer? I love cherry blossom scents for summer! I love lily of the valley always!
  • What is the fragrance of your favorite home fragrance (e.g., candle, diffuser)? [SIZE=11.818181991577148px] [/SIZE][SIZE=11.818181991577148px]Vanilla or cinnamon probably.[/SIZE]
  • Describe your favorite scents/notes, without naming a specific perfume or fragrance. Vanilla, rose, lily of the valley, lilies cinnamon, spices in general, pumpkin, linen and other ‘clean’ scents.
  • Without naming a specific perfume or fragrance, what are your favorite perfume companies? Favorite home fragrance companies? I don’t really know much about perfume companies.  Bath and Body Works and Yankee Candle are my fave for home scents.
  • What form of perfume do you prefer (oil, alcohol-based, spray, open bottle, rollerball)? What form of home fragrance do you prefer (candle, diffuser, air freshener, plug-in)? As regards perfume, any, though I do enjoy a good rollerball. As regards the home, candles.
  • Other than perfume/fragrance oils, what is your favorite type of toiletry/scented item? Sugar scrubs or bath bombs.
  • Scent(s)/notes(s) to avoid? I don’t tend to be a fan of fruity scents or really super woodsy scents- pine, birch, whatever.

And finally (at least for the beauty section), Yes/No?

• Foils Sure!
  • Deluxe Samples Sure!
  • Hair Oil Sure!
  • Face Oil Sure!
  • Perfume If you really think something would suit me, go for it, but not knowing more, it would not be my top choice.
  • Sunblock/Sunscreen Sure!
  • Self-tanner/tanning wipes  No, thank you.

And extra non-makeup-related questions!

• What designs/designers do you prefer (please limit to top 3) [SIZE=11.818181991577148px]Romantic/vintage (like hearts, lace, toile, pearls, black and white etc.)  2. Polka dots. 3. Paris.  or Cats. or Fairy tales. I also love Mod Cloth in general.[/SIZE]
  • List any public wishlists (Amazon, etsy, Sephora), swap lists and/or Tumbler/Pinterest entries your fairy godparent should consult. [SIZE=11.818181991577148px]Ugh I can't figure out how to link to my birchbox favorites list, which is pretty much the only list out there that is anywhere near complete :/[/SIZE]
  • Is your box all about you? Or would you like to see things in your box for your significant other/spouse, kid(s), pet(s), whatever? If the latter, please list age/gender/species. If you remember my kitties, you will be my favorite person ever.  They are lovers of fancy feast, toys, and treats!
  • If your fairy godparent curates an awesome set of items for you, would you rather they be wrapped individually, or be a huge smorgasbord that you can look at all at once? Would you prefer to open each gift slowly and methodically or will it be ribbons and bows and paper flying as you tear into it? Whatever, just have fun!
  • It's a hot, sunny 90-degree summer day and you have no obligation to be anywhere in particular. Where are you and what are you doing? Beach, reading.

And advanced fun stuff:

• What do you do in your spare time? Are there any hobby-related items you would like? I read a lot and I also knit, cross-stitch, play with my cats, write letters to my penpals, and go to barre class.
  • Fandoms, favorite TV shows, movies, books, music, Hogwarts house, etc. Do Jane Austen and Oscar Wilde count as fandoms? I also love Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, Hunger Games (Gryffindor!), Divergent,The Blacklist, The Vampire Diaries, and Reign. Also Disney.
  • What non-beauty item(s) would send you over the moon? Again, really, just have fun!
  • Pirates or ninjas?  Pirates if it has to be one.
  • Zombies: Yay or nay? Nay   ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
  • Disney! Favorite movie, hero, villain? Too hard!  Maybe Tangled, Belle, and Jafar?
Yes/no, the extras division:

• Virtual gifts (ecerts/gift certs/eBooks) Sure!
  • Hand-made items (from your godparent or purchased) Yes!
  • Candles Yes!
  • Tarts Like the food??? Sure!
  • Reed Diffusers [SIZE=11.818181991577148px] [/SIZE][SIZE=11.818181991577148px]No, thank you.[/SIZE]
  • Incense [SIZE=11.818181991577148px] [/SIZE][SIZE=11.818181991577148px]No, thank you.[/SIZE]
  • Other home fragrance (say, room spray or scented rocks) [SIZE=11.818181991577148px] [/SIZE][SIZE=11.818181991577148px]No, thank you.[/SIZE]
  • Local Items Yes!
  • Mix CD Sure!
  • Home Items (and what types) Sure! Anything cute!
  • Food Items (and what types) Yes! Um, I have pretty much never met a food I disliked...
  • Beverages (and what types) Probably no thank you this time around, though I do love beverages.
  • Puzzle Books -- words, numbers, pictures Sure!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back