A little miffed with Julep...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So after going back and forth with myself I finally bit the bullet and subbed to Julep a few weeks ago. I was debating so much because I was trying to wait until they had decent color options for the All Polish Box and finally I just decided what the hay.

Mainly I was excited to check out the Secret Store this month since it was right after my birthday.

I read that the store opened a little early so I went to check it out and its telling me I can't. I was confused because it said I hadn't paid for my box yet, which I was looking right at my account where it had charged.

So I called them up and apparently I'm not really a "Maven" yet because I haven't paid for a sub box yet. Wtf? I think that's pretty much a load of crap. The Welcome Box is the same price as the subs, so why does it matter?

Bleh. Now I have to wait all the way until June in order to access the secret store. =(

Oh well. Guess I'll just spend that money elsewhere then!

That's how the secret store has always worked. I don't know what else to tell you.

But they are opening it up tomorrow for everyone AND it's still a day earlier than normal, I have access today and there are a few nice deals but it was mostly meh so personally I don't think you're missing out on a whole lot ;-)

I've never been very impressed with the secret store.  This month in no exception.

I guess I assumed that since I had signed up for the maven subscription I was an actual Maven... not an "almost - Maven". I think that's really what irked me.

I think I'm under the impression that the secret store is just for Mavens - is that not the case? If its not then I guess it doesn't matter, but that was how the customer service rep I spoke to made it seem.

At least I'm not missing out on a whole lot. The past few months spoilers looked interesting though.

That's how the secret store has always worked. I don't know what else to tell you.

I guess I assumed that since I had signed up for the maven subscription I was an actual Maven... not an "almost - Maven". I think that's really what irked me.

I think I'm under the impression that the secret store is just for Mavens - is that not the case? If its not then I guess it doesn't matter, but that was how the customer service rep I spoke to made it seem.

At least I'm not missing out on a whole lot. The past few months spoilers looked interesting though.
It's generally only open to the mavens that take that month's box, since you've only taken the intro box it doesn't make you eligible yet. At least that is how it worked for me, I didn't have SS access until I took my first monthly box after I got my intro box.

I think I'm under the impression that the secret store is just for Mavens - is that not the case? If its not then I guess it doesn't matter, but that was how the customer service rep I spoke to made it seem.
That's not the case. The Secret Store is a perk for purchasing that month's box. If you take the box, you get Jules and you get access to the Secret Store. It's not open to all Mavens.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think everyone is confused on this! A few of you said it was only open to those who took the box for the month and then there are others who said it only opened a day early for crowdfunders and it would be open to everyone on the first.

Regardless I did end up getting into the secret store on the 30th and spent a bunch of money anyway so I guess I wasn't that upset with Julep after all lol

I think everyone is confused on this! A few of you said it was only open to those who took the box for the month and then there are others who said it only opened a day early for crowdfunders and it would be open to everyone on the first.

Regardless I did end up getting into the secret store on the 30th and spent a bunch of money anyway so I guess I wasn't that upset with Julep after all lol
It depends on the month. Most months the secret store opens on the 1st and is only open to the people who took their boxes that month. Occasionally they will change it up and open it early, or open it to all mavens regardless of who took their box that month. But for the most part, only count on having access on the 1st and if you took your box. Early and/or full access is an extra bonus :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back