Yuzen Summer 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's about that time again! The summer box starts shipping in May! Hopefully the brands page will be updated soon.

I think so! It's not one of the high value boxes, but I feel like it's worth what I pay for it. Plus I'm always looking for more natural and eco friendly items. I've found a few new favorites! The presentation is great and it feels like a smaller mom and pop type company, which makes me feel more inclined to pay the $33 (I think it's $33) for. It's definitely unique!

I just realized that we should be getting the Summer box soon.  I see I'm not the only person thinking about it.  Can't wait!  

I love yuzen box. Packaging is gorgeous. My first summer box, can't wait to see what they provide :)

Have any of you tried Saffron Rouge? I subscribed to that last month since I thought it might be a better value than Yuzen, but the Yuzen packaging looks so pretty! I'm contemplating switching to Yuzen from Saffron Rouge (also $25/month can get very expensive).

Have any of you tried Saffron Rouge? I subscribed to that last month since I thought it might be a better value than Yuzen, but the Yuzen packaging looks so pretty! I'm contemplating switching to Yuzen from Saffron Rouge (also $25/month can get very expensive).
I have both.

Yuzen is very pretty and I love it, but I also love Saffron Rouge as well.  I like getting a monthly box. 

Yuzen was originally a monthly sub, but the owners decided it worked better quarterly. I think they felt they could curate better more original items if they weren't looking for items to fill a box monthly. I love the quarterly timing.  I can enjoy the products without feeling overwhelmed.

I just got my first Saffron Rouge and I was very happy with it!  I'm debating Yuzen and I know they release what's in the box (its not a surprise) which makes it easy to decide if I want it or not.  I passed on the Spring one but I'm hoping Summer will be so good I can't resist :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

here are the offerings for the summer box!!

AROMAFLAGE Botanical Fragrance & Insect Repellent is a combination of exotic botanical fragrance and effective insect repellent. Warm cedar wood, silken vanilla, tropical citrus, and nourishing Vitamin E combine naturally so you can live an eco-chic outdoor lifestyle while staying bug-free. Perfect for weddings, cocktail parties, tennis matches, and all your other favorite outdoor activities.
Why we chose it! No synthetic fragrances • No parabens or sodium laurel sulfate • Ingredients are ethically sourced • Company supports indigenous communities.

H

HUGO NATURALS Handcrafted Vanilla & Sweet Orange Soap is a truly special, handcrafted blend of all-natural essential oils and botanical extracts that gently clean and deeply condition the skin. Creamy lather and the rich scent of natural vanilla and sweet orange extract create a luxurious experience in bath or shower.
Why we chose it! Natural and plant-based coloring • No parabens or synthetic fragrances • Vegan • Free of soy, sulfates, and formaldehyde • Gluten-free

KERSTIN FLORIAN Lavender Body Spray is a light moisturizing spray with soothing lavender and aloe extract, blended with nourishing jojoba oil and vitamin E to leave skin soft and glowing. Helps to relieve dry and parched skin and help heal, soothe, and calm all skin types. Mist onto skin daily and massage lightly, after showering or whenever your skin needs extra moisture.
Why we chose it! Organic ingredients • Gluten-free and cruelty-free • No synthetic fragrances • No sulfates, formaldehyde, or artificial coloring • Biodegradable.

KNEIPP Balancing Lavender Herbal Bath is a highly concentrated bath treatment with aroma-intensive natural essential oils. It calms nervousness and enhances well-being to help combat mental fatigue. Lavender is a well-established remedy and is regarded as one of the most versatile essences to balance the emotions, lift the spirits, and restore strength and vitality.
Why we chose it! All-natural ingredients • Cruelty-free • No parabens, sulfates, petroleum, or formaldehyde • Biodegradable • Ethically sourced ingredients and sustainable packaging • Company is environmentally responsible and supports a number of nonprofits

MYCHELLE DERMACEUTICALS Ultimate Lash and Brow Serum is enriched with Myracle Peptide Complex, a highly concentrated serum that strengthens and conditions lashes and brows, helping them look visibly fuller, thicker, and longer. Apply once daily to eyebrow area and base of upper lashes (where eyelashes meet skin) from the inner corner to the outer edge.
Why we chose it! All-natural ingredients • Gluten-free • Crueltyfree • Vegan • Non-GMO • No synthetic fragrance, parabens, petroleum, sulfates, formaldehyde, or artificial coloring.

SENCHA NATURALS Pink Dragonfruit Mints transport you “beyond the tea bag,” with just three mints providing the same amount of beneficial antioxidants as one cup of green tea. It doesn’t get more exotic than a hotpink fruit named after dragons—this lightly sweet, sub-tropical cactus fruit and a dash of natural ginger make a uniquely delicious mint that is truly the stuff of legends.
Why we chose it! Natural and organic ingredients • Sustainable packaging • Company uses alternative energy and supports several nonprofits • B Corp certified.

SHAMANUTI Seaweed Toner is rich with minerals and antioxidants that scavenge free radicals and improve skin cell structure and performance. It restores pH balance, removes residual makeup or cleanser, tightens pores, and prepares your face to better absorb your moisturizer.
Why we chose it! Organic and all-natural ingredients • Naturally preserved • Cruelty-free • No parabens, petroleum, or sulfates.  

The soap & toner really interest me....

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I am subbing for that!  I'm allergic to lavender but those will make GREAT stocking stuffers for my MIL.

I want the soap and the lash serum and the insect repellent and the skin toner and I'm sure I'll love mints :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh, I am subbing for that!  I'm allergic to lavender but those will make GREAT stocking stuffers for my MIL.

I want the soap and the lash serum and the insect repellent and the skin toner and I'm sure I'll love mints :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
the insect repellant sounds almost like a perfume that I would want to wear!!

I just realized - the brand that makes the seaweed toner is the same brand that made the wonderful charcoal cleanser in the birchbox limited edition free for all box. 

I love that cleanser and plan to purchase a full size when I finish it.  Oh...now I am excited for this box!!  Can't wait to try out that toner

I looked up that insect repellant - omg - 65 bucks for 50ml.  They do consider it more than just an insect repellant!! lol

I hope we get a nice size of it - maybe the purse size version - which is 30.00?  I would hate to get a tiny perfume like sample of an insect repellant!!  It is a beautiful bottle (the 65.00 one - "Our custom 50ml bottles are made from the finest glass in the world, designed in the south of France, and are decorated with precious 24K gold" HAHAHAHA)

I am cracking up here...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. This sounds fantastic... except I'm just starting a May no-buy. But this is just so so tempting. How long are these usually available to sub for?

THIS IS EXCITING!!! I absolutely love that Hugo soap, it is currently in my shower! I buy it frequently at Ulta. I am very sensitive to bar soaps but it isn't harsh at all and doesn't make me itchy like most soaps do. Plus is smells heavenly!

I have also been searching the interwebs lately for a brow serum!! My brows will NOT grow. Now I don't have to buy one!!

Also looking forward to the seaweed toner - I am just about out of both my Mario Badescu and Body Shop toners. THANKS @@biancardi for posting the contents!

I'm so interested in the bugspray! It sounds like the type of scent I like, and it's on Opensky/Abesmarket, which both regularly have 20-30% off sales.  If I like it as a perfume, then I can totally see myself buying it!

Latest posts

Back