zadidoll

Enablers...and anyone who wants to share their shopping deals! (part 2)

got enabled at fabletics. got my first outfit for $25. if the quality is good, this sounds like a really good deal. i got the one with running shorts. i badly need one! 

btw, it's a 3-pc outfit: tee, sports bra, shorts.

I was just on their site yesterday, let me know how you like your stuff when you get it, thanks!
  • Like 1

I was just on their site yesterday, let me know how you like your stuff when you get it, thanks!

i will! i'm very curious how it compares with nike and adidas stuff, which i love.. but their stuff looks cuter, so i really hope the quality is there!

if anyone's shopping the thebalm sale at hautelook, i highly recommend balms away. it perfect for removing lipstick. i was 'playing dress up' last night and trying on a bunch of lipstick, and this is what i used. my lips got softer too!

Butter London polishes are Ulta's deal of the day. 2 for $15 (essentially 50% off.)  You can only buy two at a time, but my Ulta let me make two purchases, so I got 4.  

I got Tea with the Queen, HRH, Slapper, & Artful Dodger :)

Edited by onelilspark

It feels like every major retailer is getting together to make me spend all of my money the last two weeks!

• Like 3

It feels like every major retailer is getting together to make me spend all of my money the last two weeks!

Tell me about it! Gah, I want and have purchased so many things!

Thanks! How does everyone like Nude'tude?

Quoting from yesterday, but I love nude tude. One of the best nude palettes IMO! Ranks up there with ud for me, except not as travel friendly! Edited by nerdi

How do their plus sizes run compared to Lane Bryant?  I'm a 14 to 14/16 LB.  They are having a 25% off if you spend $75 right now!

I don't like Lane Bryant.  But I'm also larger than a 14/16.  A few sizes larger than you, and nothing fits unless you have huge boobs and huge hips and butt.  I have no hips or butt, and even though I'm large chested, it isn't in the way most brands of plus size cut their tops... I actually have more problems with my shoulders, they are very wide, and most tops don't accommodate that issue.  I can never find stuff to fit from Lane Bryant, plus they are super expensive usually.  

I prefer Old Navy clothes usually.  But I'm not the type of person to keep the same clothes for more than a couple of years, so I'm okay with the lesser quality.  Old Navy sizes don't run very accurate across the board though.  The same styles/colors will run slightly different each season they're brought back.  Depending on the style I can wear an xxl, to a 2x, 3x or 4x.. it is a guessing game.  I don't wear plus size bottoms, so I have no info on that.  

Oh, and if you're a woman's 14/16, make sure to check the measurement chart if you shop at Old Navy... Their plus size 1x is smaller than the xxl in regular women's department.  There are a lot of bad review complaints about this issue (but it is mostly because they just assume instead of checking the charts).  

For your size, I'd suggest checking out Avenue store.  They have a lot of cute things on sale throughout the year, and usually have that size range in stock for sale stuff.  I like their styles and quality more than Lane Bryant, and you can get way better prices there too.  

• Like 5

So happy to enable you all! I always feel like @ and I are the only ones who appreciate getting Number 4 products in our birchboxes, it's nice to hear from others who feel positively towards the brand.

I am always happy to get Number 4 products love the scent too.

• Like 2

Okay this is on-topic in that I need you guys to enable me by helping me find a product that will help:

I love the shape of my lips, but I feel like they're too lined (not around the lips/wrinkles, but the actual lines on the lips) and it makes a lot of lippies not go on smooth. I don't know when I started noticing this, but I probably never noticed/cared before because I only wore lip gloss. Do any of you have any experience with any products that smooth the lips or help plump the lines out, ORRR that will temporarily smooth them out (like a really great lip primer)? I do exfoliate using the Fresh Sugar Scrub. 

Edited by ohsailor

Okay this is on-topic in that I need you guys to enable me by helping me find a product that will help:

I love the shape of my lips, but I feel like they're too lined (not around the lips/wrinkles, but the actual lines on the lips) and it makes a lot of lippies not go on smooth. I don't know when I started noticing this, but I probably never noticed/cared before because I only wore lip gloss. Do any of you have any experience with any products that smooth the lips or help plump the lines out, ORRR that will temporarily smooth them out (like a really great lip primer)? I do exfoliate using the Fresh Sugar Scrub. 

I put sugar fresh   lip treatment under my lipsticks and I think its great

they're probably just dry? i use the bite lip mask everyday which really makes my lips smooth again. might work for you, if you haven't tried that yet. :) for lip primers, i like the mac prep & prime. good luck!

too faced lip primer.. i have a bump on my lip and it smoothes it out (you can slightly see it still but it does a really good job).. the texture is almost like their eye primer but a tad bit thinner... it's expensive for a tiny tube but lasts for a long time.

Does anybody have any experience with Ulta customer service if your order is missing an item from a beauty break?  I was suppose to get 5 items with the beauty break, but I only got 4.

Ulta's website is definitely weird and inconsistent.

OMG! just got a 20% off entire purchase ulta coupon in the mail! totally not expecting it cause of the 21 days promo. it came in a different mail. this one is sealed-ish, and is a folded postcard - the coupon itself is credit-card sized. valid til sep 20, and good for prestige brands as well! weeee!!!

Ok I realize I'm totally late to the Ulta-bashing party but I've had issues with them way too many times.

1- I've also had issues with them and their online GWPs not going through on my orders. When I emailed, they wrote back asking me to let them know which GWP (even though I included it in the first email). Then I wrote back and never heard from them again. Meanwhile, they give some customers gift cards when GWPs are missing. I would be fine without the gift card but at least a courtesy apology email would have been nice.

2- they send different deals to different customers at different times. I feel this is completely unfair and completely turns me off to them as a customer.

Sephora may have issues too but at least they seem to be consistent in how they treat their customers.

I use Hourglass lip oil at night before I go to sleep.  My lips seems plumper and smoother in the morning.  I'm still not sure I "love" the taste/scent, but it works well. 

I have that problem too!  I usually notice it more with lighter lipstick colors.  I've found that a few different things work for me.  My main offender (and favorite lipstick) is UD Obsessed but I bought the lip liner in the matching color and that helped a lot.  For other lipsticks, I just use a nice balm thats kind of thicker that   smoothes over the lines and allows for smoother application of lipstick.  My favorite balm for before lipstick is the green one in a tube from Ardency Inn but if I can't find that one I think the Marc Jacobs lip balm works well and if I can't use that I use the clear baby lips by Maybelline which is a cheap alternative that works pretty well.

they're probably just dry? i use the bite lip mask everyday which really makes my lips smooth again. might work for you, if you haven't tried that yet. :) for lip primers, i like the mac prep & prime. good luck!

I was going to suggest the lip mask or they also has a primer.. I haven't tried it (I'm a gloss girl) but I've heard it's awesome and moisturizing.

Bath and Body Works has candles for 2 for $22 right now and a bunch of their signature line on sale for $5 (normally $12.50-$14). Spend $40 and use the code FALLWEEKEND30 and get $10 off and free shipping!

• Like 1

If you are platinum and signed into your account it should automatically apply, no code needed.

Oh! So it does! Thanks!  I didn't see anything on the site or under my account "offers" so I was confused.