zadidoll

Enablers...and anyone who wants to share their shopping deals! (part 2)

Totally a shot in the dark, but does anyone here know of any blackhead removing products that are stronger than biore pore strips? I've got these ridiculous blackheads in the area between my bottom lip and chin (kind of like where a soulpatch would be if I were a hipster guy? I can't think of a better way to describe it lol). They've been around for as long as I can remember and I can never get them to budge. They're not very dark so they're thankfully not very noticeable, but it just bugs me so much knowing they're there and I can't get rid of them.

I had those on my chin for a long time, the only thing that finally got rid of then was when I started using Retin-A for acne.

• Like 1

I meant to post too --

This has happened to me three times.  After the first two I complained and rec'd a $15 gift card (that I keep forgetting to use) and a promise to send a bunch of samples.  It's been 3 weeks and I haven't received anything in the mail.  I'm not even sure I want to bother again.

This has happened to me twice. The first time I called and they sent the samples. The second time I didn't call because I had just called a few days before about one of my GWP items being missing and they gave me the 15.00 gift card. The gift card was more than the item it replaced. I would call or email. They have gotten really bad about not putting these in.

• Like 1

@@Kimb3rly  I have the Tarte advent calendar also.  Was your eye cream sealed in plastic wrap?  Mine is, but I haven't opened it yet.  

Too bad I was really looking forward to having new Tarte eye cream. :(

I have some codes that I am not looking to use but want to give a good home to.  Please PM for the codes!  If they seem like general-use codes I am just going to write them and put them in bold so have at those.

$5 off $10 any ULTA brand product purchase of $10 or more x2 (valid through 1/31/15)

$10 off $50 bareminerals purchase at ulta.com (expires 1/10/15)

20% off dermorganic.com (expires 12/31/14) TWENTY20

20% off tarte.com (1/1/15-1/16/15) DREAM20

20% off bathandbodyworks online purchase(expires 12/31/14)  WILDVANILLA

$5 off and free shipping on any full-sized purchase from origins.com ESSENTIALS

• Like 1

@@Kimb3rly  I have the Tarte advent calendar also.  Was your eye cream sealed in plastic wrap?  Mine is, but I haven't opened it yet.  

Too bad I was really looking forward to having new Tarte eye cream. :(

It was.  That's what's so weird about it.  I had assumed the jars were machine filled, capped, and sealed.  I received a dud.  lol

@@ohsailor Thanks for the tip on the Makeup Artist exfoliants. I'll have to look into them. I've got really sensitive acne prone skin, has anyone had any experience using them on sensitive skin (especially the lowest level)?

I'll have to pm you later for the skincare board. I'm on mobile and it acts a bit funky.

It was. That's what's so weird about it. I had assumed the jars were machine filled, capped, and sealed. I received a dud. lol

Even though they're machine filled I'm guessing they probably don't do it in a clean room since they're so expensive to have and maintain (the only times I've been in a clean room was at the fancy new electronics lab at my first college and at a huge research facility in Munich so it seems over the top for a cosmetics producer to have). it's probably just that someone's arm/eyebrow/regular hair or eyelash fell off and just so happened to land in a container lid or floated into it just as it was being filled and their QC spot checker -assuming they employ any - missed it.

Also, I wanted to thank everyone who's made suggestions for my chin blackheads :) I'm on my phone right now so it's difficult to quote everyone in one post and reply/ask any questions, and I don't want to clog up this board with a bunch of posts in a row. I'll @ any of you ladies that I have questions for when I'm on my laptop later - I just wanted to know that your replies were much appreciated!

• Like 1

Even though they're machine filled I'm guessing they probably don't do it in a clean room since they're so expensive to have and maintain (the only times I've been in a clean room was at the fancy new electronics lab at my first college and at a huge research facility in Munich so it seems over the top for a cosmetics producer to have). it's probably just that someone's arm/eyebrow/regular hair or eyelash fell off and just so happened to land in a container lid or floated into it just as it was being filled and their QC spot checker -assuming they employ any - missed it.

It looked more like an eyelash than any other hair.  I do wonder how long it had been incubating in there though.  (I'm laughing and shuddering at the same time)

• Like 1

It looked more like an eyelash than any other hair.  I do wonder how long it had been incubating in there though.  (I'm laughing and shuddering at the same time)

Yikes!

Not too sure I even want to open mine now.   

I will be inspecting the heck out of it if I do though. 

@@Ryan Chamberlain I ended up going with the Glamoflauge! The colors in it are going to be great additions to my nail polish collection, I don't think I have anything like any of them!

That nailed it set looks nice, especially Logan and Cameron! (my cousin's daughter is named Eliana, I babysat her for 3 years, so I am also drawn to that for the sentimental reasons LOL). Enjoy your pick!

Glamoflauge looked like a good one. Enjoy your stuff too. :)

It's a shame, because I actually like their eye cream. I've almost finished my sample and I have the attention span of an 8 year old when it comes to pretties.

Totally a shot in the dark, but does anyone here know of any blackhead removing products that are stronger than biore pore strips? I've got these ridiculous blackheads in the area between my bottom lip and chin (kind of like where a soulpatch would be if I were a hipster guy? I can't think of a better way to describe it lol). They've been around for as long as I can remember and I can never get them to budge. They're not very dark so they're thankfully not very noticeable, but it just bugs me so much knowing they're there and I can't get rid of them.

Aloha!  The best I've found so far is the Glamglow masks, specifically the Youthmud-tinglexfoliate-treatment (the Black one).  The white (Supermud Clearing Treatment) one for blemishes is also a great one.  They are pricey ($69/each), but in my opinion, worth it.  Hope this helps!   :D  :sunshine:  :santa:

Aloha!  The best I've found so far is the Glamglow masks, specifically the Youthmud-tinglexfoliate-treatment (the Black one).  The white (Supermud Clearing Treatment) one for blemishes is also a great one.  They are pricey ($69/each), but in my opinion, worth it.  Hope this helps!   :D  :sunshine:  :santa:

I love GLAMGLOW Masks !!! They works ! You can get them at TJMAXX for a half price too but they show up there very randomly  :(  depends on how lucky you are and I am not lucky at all.

@@Ryan Chamberlain I ended up going with the Glamoflauge! The colors in it are going to be great additions to my nail polish collection, I don't think I have anything like any of them!

That nailed it set looks nice, especially Logan and Cameron! (my cousin's daughter is named Eliana, I babysat her for 3 years, so I am also drawn to that for the sentimental reasons LOL). Enjoy your pick!

Loved the Glamofloauge!  Hestitaed last night and just went online to grab it and it's now OOS...  Am glad you got it, post pretty pics when you've got them on!

Edited by FormosaHoney
  • Like 1

Finally received a UD Hookup card in the mail! $10 off any purchase. I sent them off around the 16th, so it took a while.

Also, I didn't read the rules carefully - it says that all requests must be handwritten, but I printed off the addresses on the envelopes. So I guess my $10 off is kind of a wash for the stamps I used to send in the requests. I don't know how that one got through, though.

Also, I wanted to thank everyone who's made suggestions for my chin blackheads :) I'm on my phone right now so it's difficult to quote everyone in one post and reply/ask any questions, and I don't want to clog up this board with a bunch of posts in a row. I'll @ any of you ladies that I have questions for when I'm on my laptop later - I just wanted to know that your replies were much appreciated!

I'm late to the game, but Paula's Chocie has a 2% BHA 'lotion' (it pretty much looks and feels like water) that works for the blackheads I had around the sides of my nose. Takes a few days to see results, but I've liked it's mildness and effectiveness. 

• Like 5

@@ohsailor or anyone else that may be looking for a B&B code:

$10 off $30 - FA143260

$20 off $50 - FA144626

Valid through 1/1/15

They are generic codes as I have two hard copy coupons and the online codes are the same.

Edited for spelling

Edited by seagirl
  • Like 2

I ended up at Lush late last night. My husband decided to join me and took 40 minutes to get ready and then stopped at Starbucks! I bought First Snow sparkling powder, it smelled so good and a small Snow Fairy shower gel. I got a couple of sweaters at Nordstrom, they had a 40% off sale.

I ended up at Lush late last night. My husband decided to join me and took 40 minutes to get ready and then stopped at Starbucks! I bought First Snow sparkling powder, it smelled so good and a small Snow Fairy shower gel. I got a couple of sweaters at Nordstrom, they had a 40% off sale.

LMAO 40 minutes?! I don't take that long when I'm going to formal events :lol: it reminds me of how my bf told me how everyone says he should get dreads again (honey no, you're a 30 year old white boy) and how he mainly doesn't want to do it again because it used to take him 2+ hours every day just to maintain them because they'd start unraveling since he has thin, straight hair. Meanwhile my ridiculous curly thick hair starts dreadlocking itself when I wear my hair loose in the wind, or if I go over 3 days without washing it. (It doesn't get greasy until the 6th or 7th day but I just prefer to wash it every 2-3 days or it gets too knotted - plus I just feel gross! I only wash it every day if I do a super sweaty workout or work shifts at the hospital).

• Like 2

Just curious, is anyone familiar with milk silk?  From Ebay, over the past month, I've got 2 turtle necks (black, medium blue), 1 scoop neck (light grey) and just ordered 1 more scoop neck (white).

They are soooooo soft and silky.   They are lightly fleeced on the inside, making them real warm.  I love them as my sweaters glide on and off easily.  Only thing is one of them is a shade of blue that I'm not too fund of. 

I remember that Kool Aid can dye wool and silk.  But since this is milk silk, not sure that it would take the Kool Aid as the traditional catepiller silk would.

Now that it's post X'mas, I've got a bright red cashmere that I want to ombre into a black or oxblood at the bottom 6 inches for the rest of the winter as well and thought I'd come to our little brain-trust MUT here for dyeing enabling hints.

Edited by FormosaHoney

LMAO 40 minutes?! I don't take that long when I'm going to formal events :lol: it reminds me of how my bf told me how everyone says he should get dreads again (honey no, you're a 30 year old white boy) and how he mainly doesn't want to do it again because it used to take him 2+ hours every day just to maintain them because they'd start unraveling since he has thin, straight hair. Meanwhile my ridiculous curly thick hair starts dreadlocking itself when I wear my hair loose in the wind, or if I go over 3 days without washing it. (It doesn't get greasy until the 6th or 7th day but I just prefer to wash it every 2-3 days or it gets too knotted - plus I just feel gross! I only wash it every day if I do a super sweaty workout or work shifts at the hospital).

OMG! My hair does this too. It's really thick and wavy and if I don't brush it regularly (every other day atleast) I get huge knots that seriously look like dreads. I thought it was just me! I hate it though -_-

• Like 1

I had posted this the other night and it worked for a few people that posted after me - you might try it if you still need one?  

FA144626 for $20 off $50

Good luck!

Thank you so much!

@@ohsailor Thanks for the tip on the Makeup Artist exfoliants. I'll have to look into them. I've got really sensitive acne prone skin, has anyone had any experience using them on sensitive skin (especially the lowest level)?

I'll have to pm you later for the skincare board. I'm on mobile and it acts a bit funky.

Yes! The Mandelic Acid Peel! It (and the Salicylic Acid peel) are the two meant to remove blackheads the best, too. Here's the brief description for it (again, they have more info and give way more in-detail instructions once you receive your peel kits) @ this might be helpful to you too:

"Mandelic Acid (Alphy Hydroxy) 

An alpha hydroxy acid, Mandelic Acid is derived from bitter almonds.  The molecular structure of mandelic acid is larger than better known alpha hydroxy acids such as glycolic acid and lactic acid.  This means it takes longer to penetrate the skin's surface and is much less irritating.  Excellent for acne, large pores, blackheads, wrinkles, lines, sun damaged skin, extremely sensitive skin and darker skin tones"

The salicylic acid peel is 10 or 15% depending on strength and is only meant to be used once a week or once every two weeks. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THESE. They are more affordable than Paula's Choice, too, and IMO work better (though I love both for different reasons).

Once I really got into proper skincare, I realized how simple a routine I needed, and I only wear (light coverage) foundation when I'm at a super important event because of it! (This isn't me trying to be gross/cool brag- I had a very ruddy, whitehead-prone complexion before, with redness.) Also, I still recommend making at-home Vitamin C serums (since, again, store-bought can't contain fresh Vitamin C, so it's doing nothing. Real Vitamin C needs to be refrigerated and can only be kept for a few months!) Thank you for reminding me about that thread i need to make- my promotion has been great, except that I usually work 7:30am-4:30 am, and then am on the phone or doing paperwork for another couple hours. It has turned me lazy about doing pretty much anything else. My workout routine is nonexistent now :(

Also, if you're like me and never cared for salicylic acid (it always made my face MORE OILY and clogged when I woke up!!) try a different formula. Stridex, of all brands, has actually turned out to be highly effective in tests. (In the red box/tube). I started using it on my chin and nose (where I would get whiteheads and blackheads, respectively) on two of my Vitamin C nights (skipping the Vitamin C on those spots) and they totally went away. Now I use them about once a week, and use a peel every 2-3 weeks, alternating with a really good manual exfoliation (I'll go into which products I use for true manual exfoliation when I make that thread. I know I'm making this sound complicated, but it's all about alternating so you're never being too harsh on your skin, and giving your skin room/time to breathe!) 

• Like 5

@@ohsailor or anyone else that may be looking for a B&B code:

$10 off $30 - FA143260

$20 off $50 - FA144626

Valid through 1/1/15

They are generic codes as I have two hard copy coupons and the online codes are the same.

Edited for spelling

Thank you so much too! <3  You girls are all the best

OMG! My hair does this too. It's really thick and wavy and if I don't brush it regularly (every other day atleast) I get huge knots that seriously look like dreads. I thought it was just me! I hate it though -_-

Unfortunately I can't brush my hair unless I'm about to wash or straighten it since I've got curly hair that will expand into a giant frizzy triangle of death if I go near it with a brush/comb. My hair is down to my belly button if it's left curly or down to my butt when straight, so you can imagine how ridiculous it looks when I brush the curls loose. every time I do finally need to brush it, it takes at least 10-15 minutes and I end up with a clump of hair the size of a small puppy on the ground. I miss having a pixie cut LOL

• Like 2