zadidoll

Enablers...and anyone who wants to share their shopping deals! (part 2)

if you have AMEX, there are offers on NARS ($15 back on $75 purchase) and drybar ($10 back on $50)

This must be a fantastic deal! their website has been crashing randomly.

First Aid Beauty is having a 50% off Purchase of $100 sale on their website

Well I would have loved to get in on that FAB deal, but the site is sooooo slow I give up.

Philosophy is offering 50% off their Fan Favorite Bundle, normally $158 now just $78. Seems like a good deal...

*It includes:

the microdelivery daily exfoliating wash, purity made simple one-step facial cleanser, miracle worker miraculous anti-aging moisturizer and the microdelivery in-home vitamin c peptide peel

http://www.philosophy.com/fan-favorite-bundle/october-2014-fan-favorite-bundle,en_US,pd.html?cgid=C116&ecid=e:pr:promo:th:eam:poff:per:jan50bundle&link=hero_call_to_action&cluster_number=3&[email protected]&em_cid=648226&em_rid=32722409

Edited by sarap

I'm not sure which thread this was mentioned in, but I saw someone talking about Aztec Secret clay mask a few weeks ago. I have plenty of masks already but this one had lots of extremely positive reviews. Not just 'this product worked well' but 'this product changed my life!' type of reviews. It's pretty cheap ($10), so I decided to give it a try. It is Amazon's #1 best seller in beauty!

Oh my gosh, this stuff is crazy! My face has never gotten tighter with a mask. You aren't supposed to use metal spoons to mix it and you're also not supposed to get any down the drain so it's kind of a hassle. I mixed mine in a plastic baggie so I could toss any excess, then removed with paper towels. You kind of have to "soak" it off of your face so for me it takes three paper towels which seems like a lot.

Anyway, I have used it twice now and it basically has seemed to time progress my zits. My skin has been REALLY bad this past week or two for some reason, maybe stress? This mask essentially made mid stage zits into late stage zits so I could pop them with my little extractor tool and get all the oil out of my face. After all the gunk got drawn out my face started healing up a lot faster! I will have to use this a few more times to really tell but I do definitely think that the Aztec Secret stuff is worth my $10. Also, free two day shipping with Prime!

• Like 2

@@KayEss Thanks for the details! I hadn't heard of it before but I'm definitely going to look into it now. The only time I ever get breakouts is the week before shark week (I really can't say that phrase with a straight face anymore after the convo I had with my bf the other day). My entire chin/upper lip area turns into a minefield during that week and makes me super self conscious so I'd be thrilled to speed up the healing process.

• Like 2

spacenk is having a sale on some of their holiday type sets. I got an aromatherapy trio for $24 and some jin soon polishes for $4.

Awesome!! And free shipping to boot, with code. I love their pick 3 samples too!

If anyone here is a jets fan apparently they're doing a 50% off clearance sale with the code JETSSALE. Before I start a sports team debate, I don't actually support any American football teams, I was asked to place an order for a friend of a friend who are both overseas.

Now on a less happy friend note after the discussion we had here about fake immature people... Ugh I'm so not happy with one of my close friends and I don't even know who to vent to because I don't want to start a friend debate with any of our mutual friends.

• Like 1

also my dermstore resolution kickstarter bag came in. I've never order from them before, but they are owned by blush so I figured it would probably be okay. 

here's what I got.

Perricone MD chloroplasma mask 12 ml

Zents oil concentrate in pear 5 ml

Kat burki hibiscus antioxidant face mask 7 ml

Pevonia ligne power repair 50 ml I think this is a face/neck serum.

Skylark fragrance sampler trio of rollerballs 5.5 ml each

Medicell labs eye mask duo

Samples foils:

Dr Dennis gross alpha beta peel step 1 & 2

Trophy skin argan stem cell serum

Edited by allistra44
imgur link removed per TOS

Well I would have loved to get in on that FAB deal, but the site is sooooo slow I give up

FAB just posted on facebook that they will be extending the sale and the details will be up shortly. So there's still hope!

• Like 1

If anyone here is a jets fan apparently they're doing a 50% off clearance sale with the code JETSSALE. Before I start a sports team debate, I don't actually support any American football teams, I was asked to place an order for a friend of a friend who are both overseas.

Now on a less happy friend note after the discussion we had here about fake immature people... Ugh I'm so not happy with one of my close friends and I don't even know who to vent to because I don't want to start a friend debate with any of our mutual friends.

If you need to vent, vent!! We are all here for you and sometimes just having someone listen to you makes you feel much better!

• Like 4

If you need to vent, vent!! We are all here for you and sometimes just having someone listen to you makes you feel much better!

I don't want to be too specific on a public board, but basically it's just upsetting me that a particular friend is constantly humble bragging about every aspect of her life, and in this case it's about something I've been struggling with. And since I've been struggling with it, for her to make it seem like it was no big deal to overcome just stings.

• Like 3

@  Baby girl, take it from an old lady....if she is aware you have been struggling with this issue and is humble bragging about it...she's a b*tch and she is NOT your friend. 

• Like 9

This was after my accident. They never figured out what went wrong so just pain management and PT. Thankfully the lasting effects were few.

When was your accident? And are you talking about a car accident? Is your post accident ritual courtesy of Kaiser?

Hi, am not able to take pain killers at an on-going basis either, found out the hard way.  You might want to look into fruits with high anthocynine content such as sour cherries and blue berries; anything (fruits and vegetables) blue to purple really  If I remember correctly it's a COX1 blocker, your system puts out COX1 and COX2 when its in pain.   Anthocynine blocks it and thus alleviating some pain and the subsequent inflamation that accompanys it.  I get this sour cherry concentrate (from Vitacost - no links here) and mix it with a little stevia and honey or maple syrup (yeah am maple syrup fiend) and this has been able to keep the neck's 'constant whinning bid for attention' at a minimum.   Google it though there's quite a bit of information on it out there   :)...  

Plus it's yummy!!

Thanks I'm going to look into this for my roommate. He had a broken neck in the summer of 1999, that went unnoticed Til December of 1999. He's in constant pain, and certain things always give him excruciating head and neck aches. Not to get too personal here, but ejaculation is something that can bring him to his knees with pain. He's had Botox too. The first time it made his headaches worse, the second time he didn't have bad headaches as much and was the best he'd been which only lasted about 6 months. The last time it was back to worse, so he didn't do Botox again after that.

I've never seen someone handle pain like he does, but it hurts me that he always has it.

LOL no but my mom could complain about Kaiser for hours. I never had an issue with them.

I was in a fender bender 3 years ago. Fairly mild (car was totaled but no airbags deployed) but being thrown into the seatbelt screwed up my shoulder something fierce. Luckily the permanent effects were few but the 6-8 months after were awful especially when you haven't even been to Ortho yet and you're getting letters from insurance companies telling you that the forces generated in fender benders is like "sitting down hard in a chair" and basically saying that they were denying any medical claims right away.

We learned in our settlement that they had to reclassify our accident because while it occurred at low speeds he hit us with his foot full on the gas. (we were at a stop light, someone beeped, i guess he thought our lane was moving and floored it, i dunno)

Thanks I'm going to look into this for my roommate. He had a broken neck in the summer of 1999, that went unnoticed Til December of 1999. He's in constant pain, and certain things always give him excruciating head and neck aches. Not to get too personal here, but ejaculation is something that can bring him to his knees with pain. He's had Botox too. The first time it made his headaches worse, the second time he didn't have bad headaches as much and was the best he'd been which only lasted about 6 months. The last time it was back to worse, so he didn't do Botox again after that.

I've never seen someone handle pain like he does, but it hurts me that he always has it.

OMG!  A broken neck!!!!  Has he gotten an MRI?  Mines pretty darn unpleasant to look at but it basically helped me to understand what's going on and how I need to manage my body kinesiology to optimally sustain things.

I keep my neck straight, no bending and I don't pick-up things beyond 5 pounds because these actions brings on sharp pain, then local inflammation that causes further constriction for the next few hours and more pain.  The neuro reiterated that in my particular situation, if it hurts DON'T do it as it's further crimping a substantially constricted spinal cord, screw that up and its game over...

I've adapted lots, got my pair a pair of prism glasses for tasks that requires looking straight down, I use a neck brace for doing chores.  He's probably getting a head ache during um... because the overall increased blood flow is constricting a nerve or he tenses up his neck muscles along with the rest of his body and the muscles are further constricting things?  He could try to conciously not tightening his neck muscles during the um...  I've had to isolate and train my reaction to not include my neck in lots of normal responses.  I also use a high back chair when I'm on the computer so that I can lean back and not engage my neck muscles.  

To keep my arms in shape I don't do curls because that pulls on my neck but I do passive resistance, swimming and other excercises that engage the muscles I want to work on but will not pull down on the compromised discs.  Lots of trial and error AND frustration but...  I'm always grateful that I didn't become any sort of a -plegic ;)...

Edited by FormosaHoney
  • Like 2

Several, like 5 or 6 and two surgeries, he calls them 2 level and 3 level. He acts as if he's fine and doesn't restrict any activities. It upsets me but I can't make that call. He has a rod in his neck but I didn't know that until like 2 years after I met him. It's not obvious.

To be totally out there with it, we don't...typically...we are mostly friends. It works for us for the most part. But two adults, living together, good friends, one bed, things are bound to cross paths once in a very long while. But let me also say for the record, it is totally possible for a man and a woman to sleep in the same bed for months and never touch. Sad, but true.

Then I do feel bad when he gets the after headache and can't function for two days. You sound like you've overcome some incredible obstacles! May I ask how you got your injury or was it from illness?

I don't know if it just my doctors but they always give me Valium when I get an MRI - I'm not claustrophobic... I take it anyways because it makes me so sleepy. :lol:

Question! I got my Foreo and I've been playing with it, following the steps as shown and I like they way it feels on my face but honestly I don't really understand how this is supposed to make my face cleaner, my serums penetrate deeper, my fine lines smaller, blah blah. Honestly, how long does it take to see any results? I really want to be into these gadgets but they all seem like glorified wash cloths to me, so anyone with experience please enlighten me!

Foreo - well - at first i didn't think it was doing very much...but I've had mine for a few months now.  And to be honest I only seem to remember to use it for cleaning.  I have always had decent skin but its pretty dry and would get congested in the tzone.  Since I've switched from clarisonic to luna - the congestion is 80% better and I don't seem to get new blackheads anymore.  The gentle exfoliation has gotten rid of my flaky dry spots too.

I keep thinking that I should try using for applying my serums as I think the gentle message will help my with any overnight puffiness as it will help circulate blood better and hopefully make me depuff a little - but I never seem to bother drying it off after I shower to use it by the mirror.  I do love the fact that I don't have to charge it all the time and I'm happy that its the easiest thing to keep clean.  

• Like 1

@@FormosaHoney

I have to do pain management and anit inflammatory stuff for my family (my youngest has had a few hip surgeries) - cherries are awesome but we also use - turmeric and omega 3 supplements to work on pain reduction.  

PM me if you have any interest and I can tell you more!

• Like 1

@@FormosaHoney

I have to do pain management and anit inflammatory stuff for my family (my youngest has had a few hip surgeries) - cherries are awesome but we also use - turmeric and omega 3 supplements to work on pain reduction.  

PM me if you have any interest and I can tell you more!

I will pm you over the weekend. I've got something...frver, cold, flu...so I'm off to bed. Thanks for the post and I'll for sure pm you!

Hey, gang, I've been asked to make a quick mod reminder:  This is the enablers thread!  There are a lot of guests and lurkers in here who are just looking for shopping deals, and it can be...  awkward for people to come here thinking they're going to read about new codes and find pretty much everything but things of that nature (and then there's the part where now you know that there are random complete strangers who aren't so much as registered on the forum who now know all about your [insert personal story here] when they were just looking for a discount code for, say, makeup brushes).  Please keep things on the topic of deals, codes, specials, etc., in this thread.  The MUT NEST is ready and awaiting your general non-shopping related posts right over here:

http://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/133364-mut-nest-all-purpose-year-round-chat/

Thanks!

• Like 8

So I just got a new job. I start Monday, hooray!! I'm nervous but excited. Anyway, I've been thinking about what I should stock up on to pack for lunches, and I thought about Nature Box. I always thought their snacks looked delicious, but they had this policy where you have to call to cancel the box, and my rule is that if I can't cancel or at least skip online I don't subscribe. I was considering picking up a prepaid debit card to use for this subscription if their snack selection was decent.

However, now they have changed their policy--you can cancel online at anytime! Boxes are $20 a month, less if you prepay for several months up front. You get five medium sized bags of the snacks you rank on the site, kind of like a Netflix queue. (If they are out of stock of #5, they may have to send you #6.) They also have a free trial offer, four single serve snacks and one regular sized bag of snacks, for the first month. Each 30 g serving contains less than 200 calories.

So far, my first box will contain:

Toasted Cheddar Stix

Asiago and Cheddar Cheese Crisps

Cashew Crumble

Dark Chocolate Nom Noms

Strawberry Crispy Chews

Yum!

Naturebox also has a $30/month box of 10 snacks (two each of 5 different snacks, which is what I get). I did just learn you can set your subscription to every other month. Not sure how long they've had that option, but I like it.

• Like 1

I really enjoy NatureBox! I haven't had a bad snack yet and receiving a box every other month has been perfect. I only get five snacks right now, but it is a good switch from the snacks I usually pick up from grocery stores. Their customer service has been wonderful too!

• Like 1