• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Midsummer Night's Dreamlist (+Survey)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elizabethrose

Elizabeth
Reaction score
SO.  Here's my wishlist.  And I put my survey answers here too, just.. y'know.. for.. thoroughness (words?)

I want you to know, first off, that I already love you.  And anything you get me, I will be completely honored to receive.  Thank you, ahead of time, for doing this, because you're awesome.

Here's what I copied off of my profile as a wishlist, but please don't feel limited to this.  I really REALLY want you to find things that you like, things you'll think I like.. I am NOT looking for these items specifically.  I know I'll buy them on my own time eventually probably.

I'm really interested in trying some indie things.  I also love homegoods, accessories, food, books (oh lord jesus if you have a favorite book.  I'd love that.), stationary- I LOVE WITTY CARDS.  I'm currently thinking about framing a card that says "Hey baby, let's just stay in bed and listen to NPR." This is me.. y'know?  Please don't feel like you need to just do makeup, or just do this or that.. I just want to see what you come up with :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I love homemade things and local products.  I am in serious need of a good (and cute) sleeping mask.  I love nerdy things.  I love body stuff.  I'm really into all things orchid, black, and gold right now.  I love lipstick, I hate lipgloss.  I really REALLY need a perfect cream coral nailpolish.  And a pencil brush.  And a great pressed powder.  But again, totally not necessary.  In all honesty, you could probably just get me a Buffy Bar from Lush and I would love you forever.  You could just send me all of the Living Proof samples forever and I would also be happy.  I hoard those things.  I don't really know what else to add here other than I love you, and you're gonna do great!  I can feel it.

I guess this is important too- I don't have a bathtub, so anything that needs to be dropped in a bathtub is a no go!

Here's a list of things from Birchbox that are on my "loves" list: anything from Marcelle, Beauty Blender (I've never tried them!), anything Amika, the govino glasses, every single candle (I think I've favorited them all...), all the Balm, Benefit's They're Real, Paul & Joe, Lulu Organics, Jouer, Oribe, any Beauty Protector, & Chanticaille (so pretty), And my Sephora Loves List

From my profile:

Urban Decay Electric Palette (I'm buying this myself.  I just love the colors.  But I like all colors :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />), Stila Magnificent Metals, OCC Lip Tar in Rollergirl (y'know, or any lip tar...), Jouer Matte Moisturising Tint, Milani Lipsticks, Benefit Lollitint (and the balm! too adorable!), UD Primer Potion, Too Faced Melted Lipsticks, UD Lipsticks, Bright Eyeshadows, MAC Lipsticks

Absolute must-answers:

• Allergies: None that I know of!
  • Dietary restrictions: I'm generally a vegetarian.  I occasionally make exceptions to this rule, but only for locally-sourced, hormone (beef) & steroid free (chicken) animals (cage free, grass fed). If you really care to know more, I'm happy to expand
  • Skin allergies/sensitivities: I avoid sulfates and parabens in hair products.  My scalp is not a fan.
Would you like to get a heads-up from a Fairy that your package is on its way, or would you prefer its delivery to be a complete surprise?  Either is fine!  I'll be traveling sometime in June (trying to remember the dates for this) so it might be helpful to alert my roommates if I'll be not at my apartment.

Not mandatory but cannot be recommended highly enough:  Do you have an on-forum swap/Midsummer Dream list?  If it's anywhere other than this post, URL here, please!  Holler.  I'll work on this.

Basic background information:

Style descriptions! Brief is better.

• Makeup: Light on face, big on eyes and lips.
  • Hair: My hair is thick and wavy, purple-y black, so I stick to beach curls and blowouts- actually spending time on my hair is not a priority for me.
  • Nails: Short and stubby! I play the guitar and other stringed instruments of the sort, so I keep my nails short.  I typically go for pretty corals and blacks
  • Skincare (face/neck) I need to be better at this.  I wash my face.. when I shower.. and occasionally I do masks.. Low maintenance.
  • Bodycare (every where else) Love it. All of it. I love things that are hyper moisturizing and don't smell like flowers.
  • Home: Rustic? Main colors in my room are baby blue and red, with a bit of a mustardy yellow, cream, and dark forest green thrown in. Quite different than my personal style, I essentially only wear black.  And gold.  Black and  gold.
More advanced questions:

• Solve for X: I am wearing too much black eyeliner, and I DO NOT CARE!
  • Cruelty-free or vegan. Important, must-have, nice, don't care? Important, but not a must-have.
  • You just won a $50 gift card to your favorite beauty store. Which store is it, and what will you buy? Lush. Probably 8 gazillion massage bars.  And Dark Angels face wash.
  • Please list any subscription boxes you receive, along with anything you may covet from recent boxes. Currently, just Birchbox.  I've been thinking about Ipsy again since the bags are getting better but.. eh.  I would have LOVED Popsugar's April 2014 box, but I didn't jump on that like a dummy *facepalm*.  I also just got a Beautybox 5 and a Memebox, but I'm not a *regular subscriber*
  • Assuming they are separately packaged and clearly labeled, what are your feelings on prepared-by-sender beauty items? Unsealed samples? Items from the bulk foods section? 100% okay with dis  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
  • Assuming the same dollar amount is spent, would you prefer several mini items, or one or two full-sized items?  I will be happy with whatever  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I'm a sucker for minis (they're adorable, right?), but I love full sized items too (so amazingly convenient).  

Brand-and-color-specific time!

• What is your all-time favorite beauty item and why?  Gotta be black eyeliner.  Cause it's magical.  Not brand specific, I think I own 80.
  • What specific product(s) are you lusting after? Feel free to link to a wishlist with particulars!  This is way way out of the budget so don't even think about it, but I have an irrational love for the UD Electric palette.  One day I'll just.. buy it.  Cause.. I want to.
  • What make-up items do you use every day?  Black eyeliner, mascara, and some kind of lipstick.  That's minimal.  Full day I use everything in my makeup bag.
  • What are your holy grail items? Holy crap? HG is They're Real mascara- especially the minis.  For some reason, the minis work better for me, maybe I'm crazy.  Holy crap item?  Um.. I dunno.. I really hate Dr. Jart's BB cream- but mostly because it looks grey on my skin.  Way to go, olive complexion.
  • What one item/product are you interested in, but just have't gotten around to trying?  Indie makeup brands.  I think they're so cool.  If whoever's my godmother loves indie brands and can help me out in that way, I'd love it.  If not, I'm totally a Sephora gal too  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Also I need to get a handle on how to use loose shadows.. cause damn.. I'm terrible at it.

General product section, aka not brand/color specific

• What one product can you just not get enough of?  Eyeliner for makeup.. I'm such a sucker for all things moisturizing related and yummy smelling.  Like, if you smell it and want to eat it (anywhere from a cookie to a cucumber.. and oranges) I'm down.
  • What one product do you actually use more than any other? What runs out quickest in your make-up drawer? Mascara.  And eyeliner.. cause.. maybe no one wants to tell me that I look like the emo kid from middle school.
  • What product(s) can you absolutely not use at all for reasons other than allergies/sensitivities listed in the background section (e.g., I can't use foot scrubbers because my feet are too ticklish)?  I just found out that I have an irrational aversion to makeup products with the word "cheese" in the title.  Thanks, Memebox.  But I'll try just about everything once.
  • What items (makeup/skincare/tool) do you feel are missing from your routine?  Better eyeshadow brushes, specifically, a pencil brush.. I have one that I use for everything.. thanks, Real Techniques crease brush, you get me through most days.
  • What tools/products are you looking to add, even if they are not missing?  I'm gonna refer to my previous answer, I long for a beautiful pencil brush.
  • What beauty-related product(s) do you just not want to receive?  Lipgloss.  I just don't like it.

Brands:

• What brand do you have more products from than any other? Any particular reason?  Benefit.  Because they always have Birchbox events and give me wine.  And then because I'm tipsy, I forget what a spending limit is.
  • What brand(s) have you been wanting to try but haven't gotten around to?  Indies.  So intrigued, don't know where to start.
  • What brand(s) do you not want?  Umm.  I'm a packaging sucker.. so things that aren't prettily packaged generally will get no attention.  Here's looking at you, Chocolate Bar Palette impulse buy- you're just too adorable.

Colors (not specific shades)

• Answer quick like a bunny! Favorite color?  Black!  And coral.  I need to become a purple person though- I'm headed to Northwestern about the time all of this happens!
  • Favorite color combination?  Black and gold.
  • Color scheme of your home/room, either in reality or your imagination.  Ooh did I answer that other question wrongly?  Light blue and red  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
  • What one color (not brand/product specific) do you use more than any other? Why?  Copper/gold.  It brings out the lovely sunkissedness of my olive complexion *flips hair*
  • Color(s) to avoid?  Yellow.  My olive undertones are NOT a fan.  Unless looking bruised is in this year.

Scents

• What's your favorite perfume/wearable scent of all time? What's your favorite perfume/wearable scent to wear in the summer?  I'm into my Fresh Life Rollerball.  And citrus.
  • What is the fragrance of your favorite home fragrance (e.g., candle, diffuser)?  Vanilla things.  Because I want to be able to eat what I'm smelling.  I have a wallflower though constantly plugged in (okay, maybe two) that are always in Fresh Linen.
  • Describe your favorite scents/notes, without naming a specific perfume or fragrance.  Vanilla, citrus, sandalwood (light), woody, grass, fresh, light
  • Without naming a specific perfume or fragrance, what are your favorite perfume companies? Favorite home fragrance companies?  Bath and Body Works for home (they're all I use..), and to be honest, I'm not a huge perfume person.. I care more about the scent than the brand.
  • What form of perfume do you prefer (oil, alcohol-based, spray, open bottle, rollerball)? What form of home fragrance do you prefer (candle, diffuser, air freshener, plug-in)?  Rollerball till I die.  Spraying stuff makes me cough.  I use plug ins in my room, diffusers in my closet, and candles all the time.  Where I can see them.
  • Other than perfume/fragrance oils, what is your favorite type of toiletry/scented item?  Conditioners and hair things.  Holy jesus Living Proof's smell and Amika's smell and Beauty Protector's smell.  And It's A 10 if it didn't make my scalp want to break out into an icky mess.
  • Scent(s)/notes(s) to avoid?  Florals.. and "white" smells.  Not a fan.  Headache central.

And finally (at least for the beauty section) Yes/No?

• Foils- Yes
  • Deluxe Samples -Yes
  • Hair Oil- YES
  • Face Oil- YES
  • Perfume- Depends
  • Sunblock/Sunscreen- Nope
  • Self-tanner/tanning wipes- Yes

And extra non-makeup-related questions!

• What designs/designers do you prefer (please limit to top 3) Kate Spade, anything from Express, uhh.. yeah, that's where I shop.
  • List any public wishlists (Amazon, etsy, Sephora), swap lists and/or Tumbler/Pinterest entries your fairy godparent should consult... nada, sorry  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
  • Is your box all about you? Or would you like to see things in your box for your significant other/spouse, kid(s), pet(s), whatever? If the latter, please list age/gender/species. Not to be selfish or anything.. but.. it's just me  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I have plant babies that I'm trying not to kill, does that count?  Herb garden, you will be mine.
  • If your fairy godparent curates an awesome set of items for you, would you rather they be wrapped individually, or be a huge smorgasbord that you can look at all at once? Would you prefer to open each gift slowly and methodically or will it be ribbons and bows and paper flying as you tear into it?  I love things that are wrapped individually, and I'll tear into it.
  • It's a hot, sunny 90-degree summer day and you have no obligation to be anywhere in particular. Where are you and what are you doing?  On my rooftop, reading a book.  Or going to the beach, and also reading a book.  Of course, this is after I've slept in and browsed the internet/caught up on the TV program I missed last night...

And advanced fun stuff:

• What do you do in your spare time? Are there any hobby-related items you would like?  I'm a yoga person- and I'm trying to get into the running thing.  I love coffee and tea, and I'm a huge craft beer nerd.  I love outdoorsy stuff, like climbing and hiking.  And I love horses.  Love love love horses- I used to compete English and 3-Day  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.  And giraffes.
  • Fandoms, favorite TV shows, movies, books, music, Hogwarts house, etc.  I'm a TV person.  House of Cards, Breaking Bad, West Wing, Grey's Anatomy, Glee (I know..), Walking Dead.. oh I could go on forever.. Pretty Little Liars.  My favorite books and movies are in my profile, I'm a singer-songwriter music person.  I'm a Ravenclaw, and I test Erudite- but I think I'm a solid mix of Erudite and Dauntless.  I love Game of Thrones, I belong with the Starks.  I'm super excited for Sunday, May 4th.  What else.  I'm a THG fan.
  • What non-beauty item(s) would send you over the moon?  Chocolate, coffee, tea, sweets in general.  LOCAL ITEMS.  I want local items from your homeplace.  I love stuff like that.  And homemade things.  Also love those things.
  • Pirates or ninjas?  Pirates?
  • Zombies: Yay or nay?  Well, I don't think I'd last long in a zombie apocalypse, but I also don't think I'd last long in THG.  But I love the fandom.
  • Disney! Favorite movie, hero, villain?  FROZEN for now.  I'm a HUGE Little Mermaid fan.  My room used to be entirely Little Mermaid.  And I have 3 DVD copies of it- regular, diamond, and platinum.. and the lithographs.. yeah.. okay.  I should stop now.  Big Disney fan.  Let's go with that.
  • Describe three things decorating your living space.  Popchartlab posters.  And beautifully designed beer posters.  I also have a sliding door that I repurposed into my headboard and fashioned with twinkly lights.  I also have a mason jar chandelier.
Yes/no, the extras division:

• Virtual gifts (ecerts/gift certs/eBooks) YES (I own a Kindle)
  • Hand-made items (from your godparent or purchased) YES
  • Candles: YES
  • Tarts: Yes? Like the edible kind? Yes?  I think my general answer is yes.
  • Reed Diffusers: Yes
  • Incense: Nope
  • Other home fragrance (say, room spray or scented rocks) yes.. I dunno what a scented rock is.
  • Local Items: BIG YES
  • Mix CD: I'd love you forever.  Not that I don't already love you forever, but I LOVE MUSIC.  Big yes.
  • Home Items (and what types) Yes... um.. yes.
  • Food Items (and what types) Yes!  Anything! Mostly.  I love sweets and I love things that are not sweet.  Snacks are great  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And homemade things.  And just, y'know.. anything.
  • Beverages (and what types) Tea, coffee, things you ain't supposed to ship in a box.
  • Puzzle Books -- words, numbers, pictures: I'm a word puzzle person.  I love fill it ins, crosswords.. things of that nature.  In another life (6 months ago..) I was studying for the LSAT and all I studied was the games section.  And I want to be a journalist (gonna be.  J SCHOOL WHADDUP), so I love words.  And I was a Spanish undergrad major.  And I'm trying to learn Arabic.  Did I mention that I'm a words person?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back