• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

utgal2004's Midsummer Night's Dreamlist

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Fairy Godmother!  I'm so excited that you're putting together goodies for me.  First of all, let me just say I'm not picky and love playing with makeup and skincare so you should absolutely not stress about picking the "right" items.  I promise I'm going to love anything you send and please don't feel restricted at all to the list. It's more to help you get to know me.  I really hope you'll share some of your favorite products with me too.  I tried listing some general and specific ideas, and I'll use drugstore or higher end brands.  

Just a little bit about me... I'm 32 and have fair skin with pink undertones, brown eyes and fine curly brown hair.  I usually need the lightest shade foundation or one up. If a BB/CC cream comes in fair, I need that over light.  A makeup counter lady called me a "porcelain princess" the other day, if that helps you picture how pasty white with pink cheeks I am.  I'm not at all picky about makeup and will try anything. I just left a conservative job and can have a little more fun with makeup/nail colors now.  Finally, if you've got gently used, non-loved items, I'll take them.

Makeup

I need help with wearing more colors on my eyes.  Can you suggest some of your favorite neutral but with a twist looks?  I'd love to try colored eyeliner and prefer gel pot or automatic twistups b/c I lose sharpeners.  I love shadow sticks from brands like NYX, Stila, Neutrogena or Almay Intense for Brown Eyes for weekday mornings.  I'd like single, duo, or quad shadows that take the guess work out of choosing complimentary colors.  GWP eyeshadow sets would be great.  Some brands I like for eyes besides already mentioned: Clinique, UD, Too Faced, TheBalm, Tarte, Lancome, Estee Lauder, Benefit, Laura Mercier, Maybelline color tattoo, or your favorite drugstore brand.  I could always use more mascara samples.

Since I don't wear blush, I really like highlighter products and would love to try Nars Illuminator in Orgasm or Copacabana, thebalm Mary Lou Manizer (I have CindyLou), or Too Faced's Candlelight Glow.  I haven't found a great bronzer for fair skin so if you know of one...

Send all of your unwanted lippies my way!  Love all shades and all types, except really dark and orange, and really love trying other women's favorites.  Some that I've been wanting: SW Basics lip balm, Beecology lip balm, Revlon ColorStay Moisture Stain in Rio, Cannes, or LA; Wet N Wild Megalast lip color in Cherry Picking; Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Flirty Fuschia or Flamingo Pose (new to this brand so if you have a favorite, share!); LA Girl Glazed in Blushing or Babydoll; Too Faced Melted Peony.

I'm trying to find a great face primer, anti-aging eye shadow primer, and blotting sheets.  The summer humidity makes a mess of makeup. 

Skincare

Makeup remover wipes (really like Simple)

Eye serum/creams

Serums, anti-aging night cream

Sunscreen samples (love carrying these in purse)

Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil sample (or other cleansing oil)

Haircare

Ponytail holders/twistbands

your favorite root spray or volumizing product

Miss Jessie's shampoo/conditioner sample

Nails

I really like creme, microglitter, glitter, shimmer, halo, and foil finishes and pinks, berries, mauvess, purples, blues, teals, and silver/gold shades. Not into crackle/shatters, yellow, black or brown but rest are great. Below are some colors I've been crushing but if you know of a similar color or a really awesome polish you love, that's great too. Love minis, still experimenting with finishes, want to learn more about indies, and would like to try Formula X, Nails Inc, Rescue Beauty Lounge, Cult Nails or Sparitual.  I'm dying to find a polish in a Radiant Orchid (color of the year) shade and I've never tried a thermal but that seems fun for summer.

Shades I've had eyes on: A England in Princess Tears; any shade from Zoya's Tickled, Awaken, or Bubbly Collection; Essie in Bikini So Teeny, Chills & Thrills, I'm Addicted, Truth or Flare, Where's My Chauffeur, Sag Harbor, Using My Maiden Name, Butler Please, Playdate; any shade from Rainbow Honey's Midnight Garden collection, Candy Mountain; China Glaze's For Audrey; Cover Girl Glosstini in Sangria, Purple Freeze; Milani in Splendid Strawberry, Vivid Violet, Heather, Hot Orchid; Orly in Saturated; Picture Polish in Pirouette; Polished by KPT in Blossoming; Cirque in Luminous Owl; Deborah Lippmann in Maniac, She Drives Me Crazy, Blue Orchid, Flowers in Her Hair.

Fragrance/Bath & Bodycare

travel size hand cream and antibacterial hand sanitizer (love fruity or beach scents)

Pacifica Ruby Guava, Mango Grapefruit or Indian Coconut Nectar products

moisturizing shower gels, bubble bath, body butter, bath bombs

Body scrubs or lip scrubs

Goodies from summer candy collection of Fortune Cookie Soap 

sample of Escada limited edition summer fragrance

Please don't feel limited to product types above.  I'd love home goods, homemade goods, fun pens/paper/stickers, a summer paperback book, drinks, or snack foods.  See more in my survey below.  

Survey Answers for reference:

Absolute must-answers

·         ALLERGIES!! Only codeine, and I doubt you'd think I need cough medicine   :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Dietary restrictions: Do you or anyone in your household have any food-related restrictions/sensitivities, etc? Would you prefer not to receive food items? No restrictions and I'll gladly take food items!

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Skin allergies/sensitivities: Do you or anyone in your household have any skin allergies/sensitivities not already listed that your Fairy Godparent should know about (e.g., wool, metals in jewelry, etc)? Do you avoid silicone, sulfates, etc? Try to avoid sulfates in hair products and usually need face cleansers/moisturizers that are safe for sensitive skin. I deal with some reactive redness otherwise.

Would you like to get a heads-up from a Fairy that your package is on its way, or would you prefer its delivery to be a complete surprise? A heads-up would increase the anticipation factor for me!

Do you have an on-forum swap/Midsummer Dream list?  https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/131940-utgal2004s-midsummer-nights-dreamlist/

Basic background information:

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Makeup: Classy/neutral during week, add a little twist for the weekend.  Wear full makeup 6 days a week.  Fair skin so cool tones look best. 

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Hair: Fine curly brown hair that just started getting colored to cover grey.  During summer I let it air dry curly.  Big on ponytails, not on headbands.

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Nails: Almost always painted. Prefer bright or pastel colors over neutrals and darker shades.

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Skincare: Dry skin most of the year but normal/combination during summer (grrrr Houston humidity).  Always wear sunscreen, trying more anti-aging products, like serums and dark circle eye treatments. 

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Bodycare: Totally girly… fruity, sugary, sweet. Love moisturizing shower and bath products. 

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Home: I love colorMy living room is light grey and shades of purple, bedroom is in jewel tones but I’d like to make it pastels for the summer, bathroom is red and navy.

More advanced questions:

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE] I am wearing too much lipgloss, and I DO NOT CARE!

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Cruelty-free or vegan. Important, must-have, nice, don't care? It’s nice and I’ve been trying more cruelty free but it’s not necessary and I still use other stuff.  This Texas girl could never be vegan.

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]You just won a $50 gift card to your favorite beauty store. Which store is it, and what will you buy? Sephora for an eyeshadow palette.

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Please list any subscription boxes you receive, along with anything you may covet from recent boxes.  Ipsy, Glossybox, Popsugar, FFF, Bijoux box and re-started birchbox in Feb.  Have Julep but have skipped since November.  See trade list.

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Assuming they are separately packaged and clearly labeled, what are your feelings on prepared-by-sender beauty items? Unsealed samples? Items from the bulk foods section? Perfect, send them my way.

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Assuming the same dollar amount is spent, would you prefer several mini items, or one or two full-sized items? Whatever you have more fun shopping for because I’m going to love the surprise regardless.

Brand-and-color-specific time!

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]What is your all-time favorite beauty item and why?  Nail polish.  I change colors twice a week to suit my mood.

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]What specific product(s) are you lusting after? https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/131940-utgal2004s-midsummer-nights-dreamlist/

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]What make-up items do you use every day? BB/CC Cream or tinted moisturizer, powder, eyeshadow, mascara, lippies

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]What are your holy grail items? Holy crap? Love Aquaphor healing ointment for lips, Nars Tinted Moisturizer in Alaska, Aveeno Positively Radiant SPF 30, Anastasia Lash Genius, and Bobbi Brown Corrector in Porcelain Peach.  Still searching for the rest…

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]What one item/product are you interested in, but just have't gotten around to trying? Korean or other Asian makeup (I don’t even know where to start).

General product section, aka not brand/color specific

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]What one product can you just not get enough of? Lippies!

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]What one product do you actually use more than any other? What runs out quickest in your make-up drawer?  Hand cream for my dry hands

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]What product(s) can you absolutely not use at all for reasons other than allergies/sensitivities listed in the background section (e.g., I can't use foot scrubbers because my feet are too ticklish)? Blush because I have too much pink in skin.  I love highlighters, illuminators, luminizers, and bronzers instead.

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]What items (makeup/skincare/tool) do you feel are missing from your routine? Eyeliner.  I use it for special occasions but usually find the dark shades look stark on my fair skin. I’d like to try some colored eyeliners.

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]What tools/products are you looking to add, even if they are not missing? Another eyeshadow brush, nail files.

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]What beauty-related product(s) do you just not want to receive? Eyelashes, loose pigment/glitter, blush.

Brands:

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]What brand do you have more products from than any other? Any particular reason? Bobbi Brown because I went through a bad breakup, walked up to a counter, told them to change my look, and walked out with most of what they used.  I’ve never before or since bought that much at once.  I want to try other brands and love so many others.

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]What brand(s) have you been wanting to try but haven't gotten around to? I’ve never used or only tried one product from Urban Decay, theBalm, Obsessive Compulsive, Korres, Pacifica, Mally, Marc Jacobs, Laura Geller, Lorac, Rimmel, Pixi, indie nail polish.

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]What brand(s) do you not want?  Any would be great.  I want you to have fun and share some of your favorites.  I love trying new products.

Colors (not specific shades):

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Answer quick like a bunny! Favorite color? Purple but I’m really into Blues right now.

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Favorite color combination? Lavender/gray, red/navy, pink/navy, pink/turquoise, blue/white

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Color scheme of your home/room, either in reality or your imagination.  My living room is light grey and shades of purple, bedroom is in jewel tones but I’d like to make it pastels for the summer, bathroom is red and navy.  I’d love a white and blue room.

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]What one color (not brand/product specific) do you use more than any other? Why? Pink because it looks nice with my cool undertones.

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Color(s) to avoid? Bright yellows and orange-y corals (like pink-based corals though).

Scents

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]What's your favorite perfume/wearable scent of all time? What's your favorite perfume/wearable scent to wear in the summer? I’ve only worn perfume for about a year so I don’t have a favorite yet.  I like Fresh Life, Especially Escada, Marc Jacobs Oh Lola, D&G Light Blue, and Tokyomilk Chance.  Burberry Brit Sheer was one of my first and I love it, especially in the summer.

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]What is the fragrance of your favorite home fragrance (e.g., candle, diffuser)?  Make it smell like a fruity cocktail or the beach, and you’ll be my best friend forever!

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Describe your favorite scents/notes, without naming a specific perfume or fragrance.  Citruses, pear, coconut, pineapple, berries, clean laundry, water

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Without naming a specific perfume or fragrance, what are your favorite perfume companies? Favorite home fragrance companies? Don’t really have any favorites yet for perfumes.  I’m open to trying lots.  Like Illume, B&BW, Archipelago, Yankee, Pacifica, and local homemade candles for home.

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]What form of perfume do you prefer (oil, alcohol-based, spray, open bottle, rollerball)? What form of home fragrance do you prefer (candle, diffuser, air freshener, plug-in)? Any perfume type, candles for home.

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Other than perfume/fragrance oils, what is your favorite type of toiletry/scented item? Shower gel and bubble bath.

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Scent(s)/notes(s) to avoid? Vanilla by itself, jasmine or other strong florals, musks, patchouli.

And finally (at least for the beauty section), Yes/No?

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Foils Yes.

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Deluxe Samples Yes.

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Hair Oil No      

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Face Oil Yes

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Perfume Yes

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Sunblock/Sunscreen Yes, definitely!

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Self-tanner/tanning wipes Yes, if for light skin.

And extra non-makeup-related questions!

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]What designs/designers do you prefer (please limit to top 3): vintage/romantic (toile, damask, paisley, etc); nautical or ocean; anything about or with books.

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]List any public wishlists (Amazon, etsy, Sephora), swap lists and/or Tumbler/Pinterest entries your fairy godparent should consult.  https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/130090-utgal2004s-trade-list/

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Is your box all about you? Or would you like to see things in your box for your significant other/spouse, kid(s), pet(s), whatever? It’s for me! I spoil friends and family with gifts often.

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]If your fairy godparent curates an awesome set of items for you, would you rather they be wrapped individually, or be a huge smorgasbord that you can look at all at once? Would you prefer to open each gift slowly and methodically or will it be ribbons and bows and paper flying as you tear into it?  That’s completely up to you.  It’s just really awesome to get a surprise from someone.  I learned from SS that I’ll open quickly and then marvel at things for days.

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]It's a hot, sunny 90-degree summer day and you have no obligation to be anywhere in particular. Where are you and what are you doing?  That’s relatively cool for Texas summer but I’d be sitting on a patio, drinking iced tea/lemonade, reading a book.

And advanced fun stuff:

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]What do you do in your spare time? Are there any hobby-related items you would like? I’m a big reader and love books.  I recently started making my own jewelry with beads and broken pieces of jewelry.  Love hanging out with girlfriends (and wine), going to museums/theaters, writing long letters to my pen pals, and trying to get back into the swing of exercising more.

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Fandoms, favorite TV shows, movies, books, music, Hogwarts house, etc. Jane Austen, Anne of Green Gables, Little Women and other stong/independent women artists, authors, leaders, etc.  Into Game of Thrones, House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, and Hunger Games series. Really love all types of music.  My movie and tv tastes are all over the place.  Check out my profile for some ideas.

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]What non-beauty item(s) would send you over the moon? Something homemade or handmade.  Fun office supplies or girly stationary.

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Pirates or ninjas? Ninjas.  I hate pirates.

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Zombies: Yay or nay? Nay.

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Disney! Favorite movie, hero, villain? Brave for the strong female lead, Cinderella, Ariel and Belle for princesses, Anastasia as a story that’s always interested me that Disney made into a movie, and Fantasia for the classical music and dancing hippos and flowers.

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Describe three things decorating your living space: Impressionist art prints, gerbera daisies, and pics of friends/family.

Yes/no, the extras division:

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Virtual gifts (ecerts/gift certs/eBooks): Sure. I use kindle app on ipad.

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Hand-made items (from your godparent or purchased) YES, YES, YES! Those are my fav.

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Candles: Awesome!

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Tarts: No, I’m too clumsy.

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Reed Diffusers: yes.

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Incense: No thanks.

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Other home fragrance (say, room spray or scented rocks) Sure.

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Local Items: YES, that’d be awesome!

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Mix CD: That’d be fun!

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Home Items: Sure, anything like candles, coasters, books, etc.

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Food Items: Yes, but it’s so hot here that chocolate will be a mess.  Jelly beans, skittles, starburst, cookies, rice krispy treats, pretzels, your favorite trail/nut mix, etc. would be great.

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Beverages: Coffee, teas, powder fruit mixes to drop in water bottle

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE]Puzzle Books: I’m terrible at these so no thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back