Birchbox Shipping/OOS/Warehouse Issues

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hm. I ordered the full bloom box + pick 2 on Saturday the 26th. I just got the shipping notif an hour ago. The order was never placed for review or anything, so it was just a warehouse issue I believe.

That being said, I know people who ordered after me were asking BB (lol I'm just really trying not to add to CS's work at this point). Hopefully y'all get your notifs soon too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I put this in the May thread but I'll summarize it here. I also ordered the IFB box (and a pick-2) last Friday (4/25). I emailed yesterday to inquire about my order status, no reply. Emailed again this morning to cancel, was told it was too late (even though the box hadn't shipped), was given 100 sorry points. I phoned CS a little while ago, got the same story and was given another 100 points. I replied to the email saying I was really disappointed and that I just wanted a cancellation since they weren't able to give me any real details and my order confirmation had promised the order would ship in 2 business days. They refunded my account and gift card, but still couldn't cancel the order (and finally sent a shipping notice a little while ago). It's a gift for my sister which is why I was so annoyed about the shipping and the refusal to cancel (the only option they gave was printing a return label which wouldn't work since it's being shipped right to my sis). Both reps I spoke with were very nice and I feel kind of bad that I had to push so hard to get a resolution, but it really shouldn't be so difficult. If you don't ship my order in the time frame indicated, I should be allowed to cancel it. Not my problem that you can't communicate with your warehouse. So if anyone else is still frustrated about their order not going out, just continue to grouse.

More broadly, I just find it very frustrating that they keep bungling things and providing stellar responses to some customers and virtually no communication with others. It seems like it really depends on getting the right CS rep to resolve your issues, otherwise you get vague answers and sorry points. I like BB and want to stick with them, but I'm very wary of placing any more orders for the time being. You can't trust that the items listed are actually in stock (even if you manage to purchase them!), you can't trust that your order will ship promptly or in one piece, and you can't cancel or change it once it's swallowed by the black hole that is their warehouse.

Sorry for ranting. I really hate dealing with CS.

@@LooseSeal Ugh. I toootally get what you're saying! I've asked repeatedly about the remainder of my order w no answers other than it's "shipping soon."

I'm also huge on customer service and while I believe their reps are extremely kind and polite (even to the stressed, sleepy grouches like myself), it's so annoying that items are sold as in stock when they're not really. I'm on the fence about just canceling the rest of my order but I definitely want the items.

Ordered them on the 19th and still no deets about when they'll be here.

Last edited by a moderator:
@@LooseSeal Ugh. I toootally get what you're saying! I've asked repeatedly about the remainder of my order w no answers other than it's "shipping soon."

I'm also huge on customer service and while I believe their reps are extremely kind and polite (even to the stressed, sleepy grouches like myself), it's so annoying that items are sold as in stock when they're not really. I'm on the fence about just canceling the rest of my order but I definitely want the items.

Ordered them on the 19th and still no deets about when they'll be here.
This is where I'm at exactly. I want to cancel so bad, but I need the stuff!

In my last e-mail, I basically told them 'Do NOT tell me it's shipping shortly' lol. I've been hearing that for over a week. If it's not in stock, whatever that's fine. But just tell me that. Don't tell me it's coming soon. 

I placed an order on Sunday that hasn't shipped yet. I wrote to them on Facebook and they just basically said, sorry it'll ship soon, in the next couple of days. Then I got the 20% off code apology email...So I can place another order that will have tons of shipping issues?? I mean, it's nothing I need desperately but I'm kind of annoyed. I also wish they had a more consistent CS policy for these issues about who gets sorry points, a 20% off code, whatever, and after how long. 

If it hasn't shipped out by Monday, I'm planning to call them, even though I hate talking on the phone.

I don't have much room to say anything else since birchbox has shipped my order now, but I will say this is what I posted on their wall, and I think it accurately sums up the feelings going on here at MUT, i hope they just realize *just* how badly these order issues are reflecting on them as a company.

Long time subber here who is extremely disappointed as of recently. I've been waiting on the In Full Bloom box to ship to my mother for almost a week and yet I still haven't gotten a shipping confirmation, even though I ordered on the first day and people are regularly posting their boxes here. 

The CS rep who has helped me has been great but I still don't understand why the warehouse is not shipping mine when plenty of people have gotten their boxes already. These warehouse issues are alienating a lot of long-time customers

Update: I actually decided to go ahead and call and she said my order was being loaded on the truck "as we speak" and gave me 100 points. I am generally happy with their CS, at least, but I wish they could sort these issues out!

I finally got a response to my email about my order not going out.  He sent me a link to a tracking number and said it would be updating "shortly."  I hope that is true!  But after seeing people who had tracking numbers printed weeks ago without updating, I am not holding my breath.  And no explanation as to why it took so long in the first place.

I finally got my shipping order with a 2 pick from the 25th.  My 18th 2 pick is still in process...I ordered something yesterday with a 2 pick, but I am not holding it against them that they haven't moved it out of the warehouse yet :hehe:

I am getting tired of waiting for my 18th order - but it was a special 2 pick and I will wait until the cows come home!!  I want that davies salt spray, darn it!!

oh and I got an APRIL box?  I ordered for May, not April.  So, I called them and they are giving me May's box for free :wub:    Seriously, my cart stated May.  My confirmation stated a May shipping date.  It was a total shock that I got an April box...

I didn't really want an april box

I emailed them again today and basically (nicely) demanded a better response. 

My order got split into 3 shipments-1 I got today with 1 item (dry shampoo), 1 they gave me a tracking number for but it printed 4/21 & there were no updates (hair mask), and the rest was all still in limbo. 

She doesn't know what's going on with the hair mask, but they have it in stock so she's shipping me out another one. And then apparently the rest of the order IS out of stock (which is what I've been asking them this whole time!) so she refunded me for that portion. And gave me another 100 points. 

Not the best interaction I've had with them, but this order is basically taken care of now (assuming the mask gets here). 

I placed an order on 4/8 that included a gift subscription for my mom so that she would get it in time for Mother's Day and her birthday which is today. My part came pretty quickly. She got an email on 4/9 that hers was shipping and she made an account and did the profile. Nothing for weeks. But April was having tons of shipping issues so I wrote it off as that. Then 4/18 I placed another order. That was a bad day to order for everybody apparently. I emailed them about the gift sub and they said they would look into it. I got the 100 point email so I called to see if it was for my order or the gift order. It was for mine and she said the system for the gift subs was down but she would email me when it was up. Part of my order shipped minus some dry shampoo and the pick two according to the email. When the box came the dry shampoo was included but is still showing as not shipped on my account. Then I got the pick two a few days later. Still hadn't heard about the gift sub so I emailed again. I got a reply saying it was shipping soon and 100 more points. 4/29 I finally got a shipping email and today the tracking actually started working. It just left Fishers IN. Hopefully. I just really hate that my mom has been waiting for it since she got the email on 4/9 and now today is her birthday and still nothing.

I placed an order on 4/8 that included a gift subscription for my mom so that she would get it in time for Mother's Day and her birthday which is today. My part came pretty quickly. She got an email on 4/9 that hers was shipping and she made an account and did the profile. Nothing for weeks. But April was having tons of shipping issues so I wrote it off as that. Then 4/18 I placed another order. That was a bad day to order for everybody apparently. I emailed them about the gift sub and they said they would look into it. I got the 100 point email so I called to see if it was for my order or the gift order. It was for mine and she said the system for the gift subs was down but she would email me when it was up. Part of my order shipped minus some dry shampoo and the pick two according to the email. When the box came the dry shampoo was included but is still showing as not shipped on my account. Then I got the pick two a few days later. Still hadn't heard about the gift sub so I emailed again. I got a reply saying it was shipping soon and 100 more points. 4/29 I finally got a shipping email and today the tracking actually started working. It just left Fishers IN. Hopefully. I just really hate that my mom has been waiting for it since she got the email on 4/9 and now today is her birthday and still nothing.
Wow!! This is just completely unacceptable!

Because I'm a glutton for punishment apparently, I just placed orders for Miss Jessie's Leave In Condish and TheBalm downBoy on two different accounts....fingers crossed I get them in an even slightly reasonable time frame!

Earlier today I posted about which is the better way to contact about two different accounts having issues.  Got a shipping notice right after posting that question for one of the orders in question.  I decided that since they were working on things apparently, I'd wait until tonight to see if I get a ship notice for the other order. 

Well this afternoon I got a response back from Emily in customer service that she checked on my order and it is being shipped today, and gave me the tracking number. She also gave me 100 points for that account.  I feel like I should get 100 points on my other account that took just as long to go out, just like a ton of other people, but whatever... As long as I get my stuff. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

As of tonight both tracking numbers are moving, and should be delivered by Thursday next week.  I'm not very happy that this UPS shipping is taking WAY longer than USPS orders generally take in the past (most of my orders end up being 2 day shipping), but at least it is moving!

And then I went and cashed out my 100 points she gave me to a gift card to use on my other account.   :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Does anyone here know if store credit can be different than points? One of my orders had a back ordered item, worth $30, and the CS rep emailed me to say he'd be refunding me store credit and then also giving me 100 points for the trouble. I just checked my account and I see the 100 points but I don't see a $30 credit anywhere or an additional 300 points. I emailed him back to ask where to find it, but thought I'd ask here to see if anyone knew and I was just missing it! 

Oh and another order I placed that also had an out of stock item the CS rep just gave me points back as store credit, but she gave me 200 points for a $26 item. Not the end of the world but it just seemed odd that I didn't get 260 points. Its just all very inconsistent. I'm also still waiting on 3 mystery sample packs, they orders for them have all been placed but I have no idea when they will ship. 

Does anyone here know if store credit can be different than points? One of my orders had a back ordered item, worth $30, and the CS rep emailed me to say he'd be refunding me store credit and then also giving me 100 points for the trouble. I just checked my account and I see the 100 points but I don't see a $30 credit anywhere or an additional 300 points. I emailed him back to ask where to find it, but thought I'd ask here to see if anyone knew and I was just missing it!
The only place I could see my store credit was in the payment section of the checkout process. There should be a box to check if you want to use points, then list your store credit, & then list your saved credit cards. I did my order on my phone & wasn't sure how to select the store credit because there's no button next to it, but if you just click the words, it selects it.

It works like the points too where if you pick your store credit & then go back to your cart, it will show the store credit where it shows the gift cards/points/discounts you're using.

Latest posts

Back