Hair curling better wet or dry? Any "pre" heat products you know of?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone

I was wondering if you guys prefer hair curling with with wet or dry hair. I find that the look of curling your hair dry is better because it makes it "natural looking." Whenever I curl my hair with wet hair, the hair has less volume and doesn't seem "natural" it looks like I curled it. I know it's better to curl your hair with hair that is wet. I've been using the cortex hair mask. It's really great. It makes my hair all fluffy and soft, and it keeps it from getting too damaged. But I can only use at night when no one is around to see me with it on...haha! I've heard of pre heat sprays, but i've been told they leave your hair greasy... Do you guys use any of those sprays? Or do you think that curling hair with a curling wand or even a curling iron... is okay if your hair is dry?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone

I was wondering if you guys prefer hair curling with with wet or dry hair. I find that the look of curling your hair dry is better because it makes it "natural looking." Whenever I curl my hair with wet hair, the hair has less volume and doesn't seem "natural" it looks like I curled it. I know it's better to curl your hair with hair that is wet. I've been using the cortex hair mask. It's really great. It makes my hair all fluffy and soft, and it keeps it from getting too damaged. But I can only use at night when no one is around to see me with it on...haha! I've heard of pre heat sprays, but i've been told they leave your hair greasy... Do you guys use any of those sprays? Or do you think that curling hair with a curling wand or even a curling iron... is okay if your hair is dry?

Thank you.

Nobody seems to have answered your question - hope it is not too late.

I am not happy with using a styling wand on wet hair.

1. I use the hair mask as part of the 4-step regime suggested by Pro Naturals Hair Repair System and I apply Moroccan Argan Oil, which is a leave in treatment, I apply a little to the ends and half way up the shaft of my wet hair then I blow it dry. 

2. When dry I use my G3 Salon Pro styling iron to either form loose waves, or curls or just smooth it straight.

For me the argan oil is the perfect protector for my hair and I have no damage to my hair at all, it isn't oily either.

I'm sorta confused, do you curl your hair with a heated tool when it's wet? If so, that is very bad and can severely burn and damage your hair.  I always curl my hair when freshly dried, but I do it in a way so that it is a wave, as I look crazy with actual curls, lol!

Latest posts

Back