LuckyMoon

My content under profile name???

So, since the site updated I have been using "My content" under my profile name (in the right-hand upper corner) to find all threads that I have posted in.  As of the just this morning this worked.  Now it is showing nothing, it says something like "no content ".

Is this temporary or what has happened?

EDIT:

Wow, it's fixed now!  I guess it was temporary (thank goodness!)  So crisis averted.

Edited by LuckyMoon
  • Like 1

Should be temporary!  We're still messing with the site on the back end- I've seen a few glitches today, so I wouldn't worry about it :)

• Like 1

Should be temporary!  We're still messing with the site on the back end- I've seen a few glitches today, so I wouldn't worry about it :)

Thanks!  It's fixed already - I just had a mini freak out when I saw that "no content".   :o

• Like 2

Now today I have lost content.  By this I mean, several threads that I have posted in are not in "my content" (all Birchbox threads) & a lot of older posts are on the 1st page.  

Is work still being done? 

I hope it isn't left like this. 

Edited by LuckyMoon

Now today I have lost content.  By this I mean, several threads that I have posted in are not in "my content" (all Birchbox threads) & a lot of older posts are on the 1st page.  

Is work still being done? 

I hope it isn't left like this. 

The same thing happened to me. Today when I logged on I noticed a few of the threads that were appearing under "My Content" had mysteriously disappeared. I am going to start using the "Follow this Topic" feature -- on the full (non-mobile) site, this button is toward the top of the page underneath your username -- which puts the thread in the "Content I Follow" feed (accessible in the drop-down menu when you click on your username). I have that feed bookmarked, which makes it simple but without a bookmark it is a lot of clicking.

I'm not sure if it's a temporary glitch or what but TBH I don't have time/patience for this and if I have to keep coming up with "creative solutions" for these goofy problems I am going back to Specktra. 

Hi guys, we're definitely still working on some of the kinks on this site.  Please be patient with us while we try to get everything running smoothly again!  This is a learning process for all of us- we're still learning the features ourselves.  We're definitely working to make this an easy to use platform and hope you'll stick with us while we get everything going again!

• Like 2

Hello! Kinks are pretty much worked out on the site.  Now, it's just having a better understanding of what's going on with our new site.  

One thing I noticed was that you can turn those checkmarks ON and OFF. (yellow arrows below)

if you have turned on following and been following/subscribing to threads, but your Content I Follow page is either empty or only has one or two threads in it, its because the default view acts as a queue.  When you read all the new posts on a topic it is removed from the window until you have read it all.  To see more of the content you are following pick a different filter:

content.jpg

Also make sure you are becoming familiar with Definitive Guide to Subscriptions, My Content and View New Content

• Like 1

The problem I am encountering us in the My Content section. Certain threads were in there as of last night, and then they suddenly weren't this morning. It doesn't matter whether there are new posts in there or not. The ipsy thread, for example, is hopping, but it just decided to bail out of My Content when it's *right there* in the New Content section with a whole bunch of unread messages.

• Like 1

The problem I am encountering us in the My Content section. Certain threads were in there as of last night, and then they suddenly weren't this morning. It doesn't matter whether there are new posts in there or not. The ipsy thread, for example, is hopping, but it just decided to bail out of My Content when it's *right there* in the New Content section with a whole bunch of unread messages.

If it's in the new content area but not in MY content, then it sounds like a subscription issue.  Make sure you have posted in it(which I'm sure you have) and subscribed to the topic

If it's in the new content area but not in MY content, then it sounds like a subscription issue. Make sure you have posted in it(which I'm sure you have) and subscribed to the topic

How do you subscribe via mobile? Posting in a thread has previously been sufficient to subscribe to a thread and land it in our My Content section until this morning, and there are several people all over the forum suddenly having this exact same problem.

ETA: I had 299 threads under My Content last night (I remember the specific number because SO CLOSE TO 300!), and now I'm down to 245.

Edited by meaganola
  • Like 1

I'm not sure how to subscribe via mobile. We are working on a new mobile and it should be ready within 1-2 weeks(which will give you the ability to do most things).  One way is to use the workaround(for now), by using our regular makeuptalk skin on your phone, and subscribe/or unsubscribe, then go back to mobile. 

Carefully check your notification settings under:

1. My control panel
  2. Settings
  3. Notification Options

Make to set it so that you are subscribed to ANYTHING you post into subscribes you(and you can pick the type of sub)

sub2.jpg

Here's how I have been using the site:

1. My Content - see threads I've posted in

2. Content I Follow - see threads that I've subscribed to

#1 isn't working anymore.  Threads that I have posted in are not in My Content.  I'm on PC using Chrome.   Any thoughts or help would be much appreciated. 

Here's how I have been using the site:

1. My Content - see threads I've posted in

2. Content I Follow - see threads that I've subscribed to

#1 isn't working anymore.  Threads that I have posted in are not in My Content.  I'm on PC using Chrome.   Any thoughts or help would be much appreciated. 

yep, that is my issue too.  I don't want my content to disappear if I have read all the posts on those threads...

• Like 1

yep, that is my issue too.  I don't want my content to disappear if I have read all the posts on those threads...

Ok, this is happening to me too, and I was SO confused. I have been on and off MUT a lot this week because I've been busy, and I had no idea if I was going crazy or what.

I've had more than fifty threads fall off! I know there are more people commenting on this in the ipsy thread, too. And it's not just read content because I have read threads that are still there, and there are threads with new content that aren't.

yes, the ipsy, rainbow honey - I have to go to new content to see them and I've posted on them!!

I'm not sure how to subscribe via mobile. We are working on a new mobile and it should be ready within 1-2 weeks(which will give you the ability to do most things).  One way is to use the workaround(for now), by using our regular makeuptalk skin on your phone, and subscribe/or unsubscribe, then go back to mobile. 

Carefully check your notification settings under:

1. My control panel
  2. Settings
  3. Notification Options

Make to set it so that you are subscribed to ANYTHING you post into subscribes you(and you can pick the type of sub)

attachicon.gifsub2.jpg

I just checked: This is how it's set up, but I've still lost a ton of threads.  The first dozen or so of them (and I actually started at least one of them):

• Secret Santa 2014 input wanted
  • L'Oreal Test Panel - Who's Getting What, and How Is It?!
  • Ipsy Glam Bag 2014 (SPOILERS!)
  • Starlooks April 2014
  • Sephora Sun Safety Kit 2014
  • (Spoilers) Julep May 2014
  • Birchbox Promo Codes
  • Midsummer NIght's Dreamlist and Survey Central (NOW OPEN) [this is the one I definitely started]
  • Midsummer Night's Dream SIGNUPS NOW OPEN
  • seasonsbox
  • Allure Summer Beauty Box
  • this very thread

Again, these were all on My Content until some time this morning.  And it doesn't matter whether there are unread posts in the thread or not.  They're just not appearing on My Content any more, period, and I've posted in them since this started happening, and they're still not showing up.  And I just posted in a new thread that was just created a few minutes ago, and it's not in My Content.  I tried following the forum it's in, and it's not there.  I tried following just the thread, and it's not there.  I'm at a loss what else to try since I have the subscribe-upon-posting flag turned on and am following both the thread and the forum that thread is in.  There must be something going on with the forum because @@Lolo22 is reporting having the same exact problem:  Followed threads are going *poof* in My Content even though they were there in the equivalent in the old forum and in My Content up until this morning.

Edited by meaganola
  • Like 2

OK let me look a little deeper.  Be back with you all soon.

I think this started happening to me last night. The Birchbox thread blew up when spoilers came out but I kept having to go dig for the thread because it fell off my new content list, even though there was new content afterwards. I just thought I was crazy.

• Like 1

I think this started happening to me last night. The Birchbox thread blew up when spoilers came out but I kept having to go dig for the thread because it fell off my new content list, even though there was new content afterwards. I just thought I was crazy.

It was the ipsy thread this morning for me that made me really notice!  And, yeah, I thought I was imagining things until a few other people mentioned having the same issue. 

it is like this thread - I only find it when I got to New Content (this is recent - I used to see it under My Content)

and I've posted here quite a bit.  could the changes that are being done for mobile users be affecting the content indexing?

and now, when I go to new content, this thread is gone, because I've read all of the posts!!  But it is not in my content at all...

Yes, same exact thing as @@meaganola, although oddly enough I still have some of the threads in My Content that meaganola lost.  The L'oreal one for example.  Basically mine appears that all the monthly sub threads are gone and the 'perpetual' threads like Birchbox Promo Codes and Nail Polish You're Wearing Right Now remain intact.

Also, I think there has been a problem tying our posting to our subscriptions the whole time because the "auto-follow topics I reply to" choice has not worked for me yet.  I don't know if those issues are related, but I would like to reiterate that it's SUPER helpful to be auto-subscribed by posting in (or starting) a thread, especially for mobile users and especially because the searching function now is ummmm not the greatest and pretty much does not locate threads.  :(