Taleez

Memebox: Product reviews

I really like the waterdrop as a nice lightweight moisturizer.  The consistency kind of reminds me of the SNT Goddess/Sebum Control moisturizer.  I think I would have used this product more in the summertime though, as my dry/combination skin seems to want a richer moisturizer right now.   Maybe I'll use the waterdrop on the nights that I use the massage cream...that might be a good balance for my skin!

thank you for that review!  I love the SNT goddess moisturizer, so I think this will be perfect for me!

thank you

I've opened the SN T Goddess cream last week, really like the jelly consistency, but the instructions on the card are a bit confusing - to use it on clean skin - does this mean before essence and serum? Or this is a 3 in 1 product to replace all of them?

I've opened the SN T Goddess cream last week, really like the jelly consistency, but the instructions on the card are a bit confusing - to use it on clean skin - does this mean before essence and serum? Or this is a 3 in 1 product to replace all of them?

I use it after the essence and serum.  I don't view it as a 3 in 1 product...

• Like 1

thank you for that review!  I love the SNT goddess moisturizer, so I think this will be perfect for me!

thank you

Just wanted to report back that I tried the honey waterdrop moisturizer and the massage cream last night, and OMG my face is sooo clear and soft this morning....like buttah!  I was a little worried about the stickiness of the massage cream, thinking it might cause breakouts, but that wasn't the case!

Well, my awesome results could also be partially caused by using the Dewytree Snail Vitalizing sheet mask and the Elizavecca Milky Piggy Carbonated Clay mask last night too...ooops...that might have been overkill!  Amazingly, I didn't have any breakouts after overdosing on Korean skincare.

Seriously, I can't stop touching my face today....now, that might cause some new breakouts if I don't stop!

• Like 5

I finally opened my Hope Girl Wonder Magic mascara. It's a really lovely product! Very happy with it.

Edited by rubelet

Tosowoong, for one - I've loved everything I've gotten from that brand.  Maybe memebox isn't for you, but maybe you just haven't given the products a chance.

Hello... I just joined the MEMEBOX cultl and waiting for my first delivery *squeeeee!*

Based on some reccomendations here, I looked at some of the Tosowoong items and they are currently selling something called Osory Oil Toner, Monster Cream The White, a CC cream, and something called an Enzyme Powder wash among other things. (I'm very interested in trying some kind of enzyme wash if anyone has experience with these). I think someone also mentioned the Tosowoong Aloe Mask??

Can I ask you ladies and gents to weigh in on Tosowoong? I'm totally intrigued.

Cheers!

@BlackMagwitch  I really like Tosowoong a lot.  I have received their timeshift toner and essence and love them both, their eyeliners (makeon brand) and they are just really fantastic.  I also got their HD finishing powder, which I think is on par with MUFE HD powder.  Also their eye patches, which I don't have issues with (it has caffeine in them) but there are some sensitivity issues to look out for.

A lot of ladies here like the Tosowoong brand

I looked at some of the Tosowoong items and they are currently selling something called Osory Oil Toner, Monster Cream The White, a CC cream, and something called an Enzyme Powder wash among other things. (I'm very interested in trying some kind of enzyme wash if anyone has experience with these). I think someone also mentioned the Tosowoong Aloe Mask??

Can I ask you ladies and gents to weigh in on Tosowoong? I'm totally intrigued.

Cheers!

I haven't' tried any of those - but I second biancardi.  I've tried the Timeshift toner (love), the makeon liners (super love), the Super Aqua Cooling Gel (like, but will probably really love it for summer.  It's definitely the nicest gel moisturizer I've ever tried).  i also have the Deep Cleansing foam, but I haven't gotten to it yet.  I would love to try more, but they aren't exactly cheap, so for now I just hope to get more in my memeboxes.  

I have a feeling that eventually my memelove will fade, and then I will be spending my money on my fav brands like Tosowoong instead.

@raindrop  I use the aqua gel as a sleep pack :)  and the cleansing foam is really good too - I think Tosowoong is one of those brands I won't get tired of seeing in my memeboxes...

of course, the name makes me smile when I say it out loud...

• Like 1

@@biancardi - lol, I know!  I'm probably butchering the pronunciation, but I think that's half the fun of saying it.  I hadn't tried the gel as a sleep pack yet - I'll do that, thanks for the tip!

I'm *still* using the caviar cleansing oil that I got back in Global #8! It's finally almost gone, but damn do I have some cleansers to work through.

I wasn't expecting this, but I really love the Rappol (?) Cream from the Yogurt Box.  I didn't realize it was basically a moisturizer for sensitive skin, due to the huge container (not sure what I thought it was at first). I have used it day and night for the last few days, and my skin seems to love it! Perfectly smooth & moisturized without any irritation or oiliness...yay!

I also used the Kerasys shampoo from Global #10 (my new fave!) along with the Mise en Scene treatment oil from Global #15 and the Boutique Bebe mist from the Rapunzel box this morning, and I am having an awesome hair day!

• Like 5

I also like all the Tosowoong items I've gotten. Right now I'm using the AC foam cleaner, Timeshift emulsion and a body scrub. Saving the aqua gel for summer. They just all feel like quality products and I really like the simple packaging/bottles. They just look like quality products before you even get a chance to try them. 

I wasn't expecting this, but I really love the Rappol (?) Cream from the Yogurt Box.  I didn't realize it was basically a moisturizer for sensitive skin, due to the huge container (not sure what I thought it was at first). I have used it day and night for the last few days, and my skin seems to love it! Perfectly smooth & moisturized without any irritation or oiliness...yay!

same here!  I wasn't expecting to like it and it is really nice.

I've tried some new products lately from Memebox. So thought i'd share my opinion ^_^

The Herb Story Foot Scrub (scrub 1): It has a nice minty smell and quite a thin consistency that I like. It doesn't have the biggest scrub grains but still leaves my feet soft and more moisturized after I scrub, Really been loving this one!
Tosowoong Body Scrub Wash (scrub 1): This exfoliates really well without leaving a greasy film behind. Hate when body scrubs does that, so this is a god-send for me! Love the nutty-ish smell too!
Seatree Syn Ake Essence (omg 2): My skin has gone through alot of breakouts lately and since I started using this my skin has cleared up LOTS. I'm almost halfway done with it, which is a shame - cause I really like it..
Secret Stargirl Lashes (from several boxes): I have three different styles of these now, and tried all of them. I use lashes almost daily so I'm very picky about my eyelashes, but these are awesome. They hold up well so you can re-use them and they look good on! The band isn't as thin as I would prefer, but it doesn't bother me too much.
Insobeau Cleansing Water (pinkoholic): I've been wanting a cleansing water in a memebox for ages - and this one is amazing! Actually the best cleansing water I've tried (and I've tried alot of high end such as Caudalie etc aswell). Not to fond of the smell though.
Witch's Pouch Blusher (from f/w makeup): This reminds me of NARS orgasm only it doesn't have the tiny sparkles in it as Orgasm does. It's a super pretty "everyday" kinda blush and it goes with pretty much any look! 
Pure Lemon/Blueberry Overnight Mask (koreas most wanted1): First of all, the scent - it's a reason of it's own to use it. I cannot describe the scent, but it's just amaaazing :D It doesn't sink in as fast as say Laneige sleeping pack does, but after 5-8 min it's gone. The morning after I wake up with glowy and really soft skin. I love this to bits!
The Yeon Fruity Swirl Balm (cute wishlist2): I have this in number 3 which smells like kiwi. It's a nice lipbalm that feels good on the lips, but as far as moisturizing goes - it doesn't do much. But because it smells and tastes nice I'm going to be a good girl and use it up!

• Like 1

So far from memebox my favourites have been the recipe spray essence water, the glory vegan lacquer (this really surprised me as in the bottle it looked awful), recipe vita essence and the secret nature volcanic ash pore pack.

Things I've not liked:

Kokostar ponytail pack

Tonymoly smile patch

Ryo anti hair loss treatment (I don't care if this works and actually gives thicker hair - it smells like old ladies!!!)

Edited by northtosouth
  • Like 1

@@northtosouth

you cannot post your blog link here.  you can embed it in your signature.  MUT asks that folks need to post their reviews here, not tell them to go to their blog.

ok, I will edit it into signature when I finally have editing privileges - thanks! I hadn't realised cos I usually just lurk here.

Edited by northtosouth

ok, I will edit it into signature when I finally have editing privileges - thanks! I hadn't realised cos I usually just lurk here.

:)

yeah, you cannot even mention, "hey, read my  review about XYZ  in my blog" either.  I have cut and pasted whole reviews from my blog to this forum.

Edited by biancardi

Just super quick - I wanted to sing the praises of the Mise en scene Perfect Serum.  I'm not much for hair products in my boxes, but this was super amazing - don't toss it if you got global 15 and were pissed about the 2 mise en scene products like I was.  There are pics on my link below if you want to see. 

So sad I just finished my second bottle of Kerasys Shampoo. I know it says it has SLS in it but it still makes my hair so soft. It smells good, it cleans well. I love it so much. Now I'm gonna have to buy a full size somewhere. Perhaps the memefairies will shine upon me and put it in Lucky 10. :D

Oh and I also love both of the mise en scene products from Global #15. I like the treatment more than the serum. I have badly damaged and very tangly hair. A bit of this treatment is almost as good as my HG condtioner. The serum is nice but as I said, I have badly damaged hair. It makes it feel softer but doesn't change the appearance of my frizzles.

• Like 2

More quick thoughts:

The Skin House Dr. Clear Magic Toner: I thought this could be good as an occasional product to control excess oil/hormonal breakouts (I normally use the recipe spray essence water - total HG product for me). Note the second ingredient is alcohol so this may be way too harsh for some people- it does have a lot of other good stuff in there too (tea tree etc).

I found this product very strong and it gave me some blotchiness (but did control oil as promised). I probably used waaay too much because I was making a gif for my blog (don't ask!) and I also have Retin-A as a part of my routine - next time I will use this more sparingly. If your skin is quite resistant and oily I think it could work well.

Hope Girl Tinted Balm in Love Peach: I know Hope Girl (and this balm in particular) shows up way too much but it's quite nice really, lovely scent, good consistency, you can build the colour up quite well and it's not sticky.

Esthe Shower Cologne in Floral Dream: Another maligned product but I do quite like this applied on still-damp skin - the scent is subtle but lasts a long time and when it settles down it doesn't smell so drugstore. Not saying I'd buy it but i'll certainly use the one I have.

Innerface serum (from Zero Cosmetics): Really good consistency, almost feels like a primer - but it surely can't have silicones in it? Hope my skin gets on with it ok as I really like the feel of the product.

Sally's hydrogel masks: Best sheet masks I've tried.

Ostheque Zsole dual sunscreen: Really good light sunscreen! I find it hard to believe that this actually offers protection? No white cast whatsoever. The 'dual' function is totally pointless though.

illi Total Aging oil and foam cleansers: Love these and will repurchase in full size. Wish the mini kit would show up again in a box.

Rire lip manicure: Great lasting power though it's very harsh at first - unforgiving if you're not wearing full foundation etc.

Edited by northtosouth

More thoughts:

Ddung foaming cleansing cream (Milky) from MCW3: This is pretty harsh, drying, and stings the eyes - it does leave your face very clean but I don't think the ingredients are particularly kind. And the face is just freaky.

Beauty People Eyeliners: I can see why everyone loves these - the glimmer bronze has become a staple for me.

Ddung Family Cleansing Foam in Milky - my first impressions on this were great: it smells deliciously of yogurt and is super rich and creamy, so it feels really nice to massage my face with. However, after 1.5 weeks of use, I've come to accept that it's too drying for me, which is a pity because it smells so nice! I'm not sure if I should keep using it or toss the rest.

Vella Neck Tight Cream - Gave me an allergic reaction. It's super duper fragrant (not a bad scent, just strong); and made my neck very soft, smooth, and zit-free; but not worth the intense, blotchy red itchiness!

• Like 1