Taleez

Memebox: Product reviews

okay, I love the 7 second morning sheet in my mask 4 box!  So easy to do and very refreshing!  this is a major timesaver in the morning and I am saving the rest of my sheets for when I go on vacation. 

• Like 2

I got this in the Luckybox...7? Or one of them. I thought it was making a difference under my eyes, but I'm starting to think it's not doing anything... I guess I was deluding myself into thinking it was helping, haha.

well, not sure if it'll help but I recently discovered (with my eye care at least) that if you use an eye serum or essence and then an eye cream, it really helps a lot. I've started using an serum and cream together for the past few days and my very dark under eye circles have lighten up. I didn't sleep very for the past few day so eyes were like pandas...haha.

• Like 1

well, not sure if it'll help but I recently discovered (with my eye care at least) that if you use an eye serum or essence and then an eye cream, it really helps a lot. I've started using an serum and cream together for the past few days and my very dark under eye circles have lighten up. I didn't sleep very for the past few day so eyes were like pandas...haha.

Interesting! This would be the cream, right? (I'm a skincare newbie for the most part) I don't know if I have a serum/essence. I have the TeaTree essence from the same Luckybox?...

I got this in the Luckybox...7? Or one of them. I thought it was making a difference under my eyes, but I'm starting to think it's not doing anything... I guess I was deluding myself into thinking it was helping, haha.

I've also been using this for at least a month with no results!

• Like 1

Tried the WondeRuci Cacao mask today. I've put the picture in a spoiler because no one should be subjected to that without notice lol

post-113260-0-44007900-1406364506_thumb.jpg

I found it not only smells like brownie mix but is also about the same consistency, although once it was on and warmed up to skin temperature it got really shiny and seemed almost runny. It wasn't a drying mask that's for sure!

I really liked it :-)

I put it on with a foundation brush and while it felt like I was stacking on the product there wasn't a much at all gone at the end. I think I will manage 15+ uses out of the jar.

Advice - maybe don't use white bath towels. I know it will wash out but it's still annoying!

• Like 4

The Bad

The Skin House Snail System Cream (Snail #1)- it's mostly snail slime, but perhaps too much snail slime- I can't even open the lid without slime strings getting everywhere.  It's a 5-minute process just scooping some from the jar, and then it's hopelessly sticky on my face.  Just no.

Glad I'm not the only one. It's SO messy. Snail slime everywhere except my face when I try to use it. -.-

• Like 1

Interesting! This would be the cream, right? (I'm a skincare newbie for the most part) I don't know if I have a serum/essence. I have the TeaTree essence from the same Luckybox?...

Yea, the dr.jart is a cream but when i say serum and essence, it has to be an eye serum or essence. So if you got the memebox 10, there's a eye serum in there. i use this one with my own eye cream and it works wonders, for me at least. You should try it and see what happens but don't put too much the first time because you'll never know how your skin or products will react to together.

Glad I'm not the only one. It's SO messy. Snail slime everywhere except my face when I try to use it. -.-

I love that snail cream. It's tricky to get on, but I've got it sussed now and don't make a mess. It feels really heavy on my face initially but after 10 or so minutes it's soaked in - I only use it at night.

Thank you very much! I haven't mastered the art of nice review photos yet so thank you for finding a positive :D

• Like 1

All right, I just broke down and ordered some of that snail hair treatment off ebay. I swear, I haven't heard one bad thing about it!

You will not regret it, I used some today and my hair feels amazing!

• Like 1

Just a few quick early morning raves:

-Kerasys shampoo from Memebox Global #9:  Just this shampoo and a little of my usual Moroccanoil (light) and I have Pantene commercial-worthy hair!  Hate that it supposedly has SLS, but my hair seems to love it anyway!

-RiveCowe Sebum Control Compact from Office Essentials:  Yes, I ordered the restocked box when it was offered as a special deal with the Dr. G Brightening Balm.  I figured even if it was one of the more lackluster boxes, it was a good deal with the BB cream.  Well, this box was worth it for me for the RiveCowe compact alone!  This does everything I want a powder to do...it controls oil without completely mattifying my face, it doesn't change the color of my foundation, it doesn't look powdery at all.  I swear this stuff even took the sting out of some particularly angry hormonal blemishes I had this morning!  I actually ended up liking several items from this box...even the Joyeux Noel (Merry Christmas?!) scented fabric spray (smells like fresh figs and some sort of herb I can't place)!

-IOPE Air Cushion XP:  This may be my HG foundation.  I seriously haven't touched my Guerlain Lingerie de Peau or YSL Touche Eclat foundation since I got this.  This is the same general product that is in the IOPE #2 box, but it may be a slightly different formula, as I ordered C21, which has the most coverage.  There is also a natural version with less coverage (N21, N23, etc.) and another version with shimmer...I'm not sure which of these is in the IOPE #2 box.  Anyway, it's perfectly dewy, provides great coverage, and the color is perfect. It looks like it would be way too dark for my super-pale skin in the compact, but it must adjust to match somewhat.  It's still a little darker than my usual foundations still, but it's not noticeably "off", and itactually makes me look less corpse-like. :lol:  This is my first ever CC cushion, so I can't say that it is any better than others featured by Memebox, but I LOVE it! I also love the overall design and easy application of the CC cushion concept in general!

• Like 5

@@Andi B that RiveCowe Sebum Control Compact is the best!!  I have it in my purse all the time.  For those who didn't get it - they do have it on ebay for about 13.00

• Like 3

Just used the oseque melting cleanser and skineralism ice whitening bubble pack from the bubble box. I have to say, the cleanser removed my make up with ease and honestly cleared out my skin. I love it! Best cleanser Ive used so far. (Although it does take a few mins to bubble up)

Skineralism ice whitening pack is amazing for clearing out any imperfections, and unfortunately it does a great job at whitening my pale skin too. Whilst the whitening effect I don't desire, it has left my skin a lot clearer. 

• Like 2

That Kerasys was pretty nice....but the smell was so awful on my head I had to give it away. Fortunately my friend at work loved the smell so much I just gave it to her.

I just can't do anything heavily scented. Still kind of bummed about having to give away the shampoo.

That Kerasys was pretty nice....but the smell was so awful on my head I had to give it away. Fortunately my friend at work loved the smell so much I just gave it to her.

I just can't do anything heavily scented. Still kind of bummed about having to give away the shampoo.

Oh, that's too bad!  I really like stronger/lasting scents, as long as it's a good scent. 

• Like 1

Alright, so I gave the ultimate test to the Hope Girl WaterProof Volumizing mascara.  I wore it to my Nana's funeral. It was 90 degrees out, too.

I am still flabbergasted that Hope Girl actually has some good products because really it just seems cheap.

But I'm in love with the 140 Super Lash and I can now say that the Waterproof Volumizing version is also just as good.  Applies perfectly with no clumping or flaking.  Tears did not wash it away and neither did rubbing my eyes. No smudging.  I would say that it's not super volumizing but I applied three coats really easily without clumps and my eyelashes looked great.  I always hate it when the mascara makes my eyelahses stick together stick together but this has a really funny wand and each eyelash stayed nicely separated.

I'm going to keep it on overnight to see how it goes and then comes the task of removing it. 

Maybe this is tmi for a mascara but I just can't get over my amazement.  I seriously expected nothing from Hope Girl and I'm very pleasantly surprised by their mascaras, at least. 

Now I'm off to use the Rivecowe compact since everyone is loving it!

• Like 5

does anyone have thoughts on the cremorlab mineral treatment essence?  it looks so pretty that i want to trade for it but i have no idea how the product is...

Oh, that's too bad! I really like stronger/lasting scents, as long as it's a good scent.

Yup I kinda like the Kerasys and actigen gel from the same box.

My current favs also include the ryo anti hair loss, Laily primer and luna nb cream! Anyone rlse loving these? ❤️❤️

Yup I kinda like the Kerasys and actigen gel from the same box.

My current favs also include the ryo anti hair loss, Laily primer and luna nb cream! Anyone rlse loving these? ❤️❤️

i haven't tried the ryo anti hair loss yet - what do you like about it? i wasn't expecting much since hair loss isn't a problem for me (thankfully!)

i haven't tried the ryo anti hair loss yet - what do you like about it? i wasn't expecting much since hair loss isn't a problem for me (thankfully!)

I don't suffer from hair loss too lol! I just love then very earthy smell of it and gave it a try. It fluffs my hair abit and makes it stay that way for almost 2 days. Aka no need for dry shampoo the next day~ :)

• Like 1

Oh, that's too bad!  I really like stronger/lasting scents, as long as it's a good scent. 

I'm really sensitive to smells, and they give me migraines. This one wasn't quite a migraine level, but I was training a guy at work and he could smell it. He told me I smelled like an old lady...lol.

• Like 1

So I tried the aloe mask (not the sheet mask) from the aloe box yesterday night and it was wonderful! I'm surprised at how great it was. It has a bit of pulp in it and when you put it on your face, it's a bit cooling. After 20 mins, my face felt so smooth and soft that I couldn't believe it! You girls that got the aloe box should definitely give this mask a try. It has a nice light scent to it as well. :)

• Like 2

I just tried the 23yearls old mask from one of the global boxes, and boy it burned! I know its carbonated, but it actually made my face go bright red. and I only kept it on for few mins. Beware girls!

• Like 1

I just tried the 23yearls old mask from one of the global boxes, and boy it burned! I know its carbonated, but it actually made my face go bright red. and I only kept it on for few mins. Beware girls!

I used it last night and it burned me too. I have been using AHA wipes and think it made it worse. It made some of my peeling skin come off. Definitely not a relaxing mask.