May 4, 2014: What are your top three favorite brands?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
May 4, 2014: What are your top three favorite brands?

My top favorite three...

1. Nurturing Force because I love their Blot Out primer.
  2. Wet n Wild beauty I own so many palettes ranging from singles to trios to their eight pans.
  3. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics... one day I'll post all those swatches I've been promising. Love the Tinted Moisturizer and their lip pencils.
So what are your're top three favorite brands?

My favourite three brands would probably have to be...

Oasis Beauty, I've mentioned them a lot.

Nivea, just because their soft cream is gorgeous,

Dove, for their deoderant. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My favorite 3 at the moment:

1. Urban Decay

2. Wet n wild

3. Catrice

• essence -- I love the frequency of their trend edition collections, and they're so cheap I can pick up a few new things from each one and not feel *too* guilty about it!
  • Glamour Doll Eyes --  ALL OF THE COLOR!  AND SPARKLE!
  • Urban Decay -- for the 24/7 eyeliner pencils, but *only* for those pencils.  I'm not wild about anything else they make.
I'm excluding fragrance from consideration here, but if I included it, I would swap out UD in favor of Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab.

NYC - my all-time favorite lipstick, Brandy Sparkle, is made by them, and as cheap as NYC is I get a lot of mileage out of all my products from the line.

Stila - for the Convertible color for lips and cheeks. This is a huge time and sanity saver on very busy mornings!

Clinique - because of Black Honey, my second favorite lipstick, and because I'm really liking their shadows right now!

At least that's the current list. My favorites tend to change more frequently than the weather.

1) Catrice (wish I could get it in the US) - today I used eyeshadow, foundation, lipstick, powder, and blush from Catrice, and that's not even an unusual day...

2) Tarte -  love their blushes and eyeshadows! The bow & go palette (Holiday 2013) is one of my all-time favorites.

3) TheBalm - Meet Matt(e) Nude and How Bout Them Apples, both purchased free with Birchbox points, are my current loves! 

NARS - blushes, illuminators, eyeshadows for the vibrancy of their colors, eye paint used as gel liners...smooth as butter, and glosses on top of just about any lip color I own.  This brand has seriously changes my life.

Tarte - the blush in the cc palette is PERFECT for me, as are the eyeshadows and I LOVE the LipSurgences.

Surprisingly (to me) I am currently loving on Estee Lauder.  The matte shadows in the Bronze Goddess palette turn my eyes into works of art.  And the Pure Color Eyeshadow trio in Beach Metals makes a certain gentleman friend comment on how beautiful my eyes are every time I wear it.  In fact last time he saw me with these shadows on, he made a comment that some days I just look radiant...THIS is why we girls buy make-up!

Not a favorite brand yet, but I have just started exploring the Milani line.  So far every blush, lipliner and lipstick I have tried I have really, really liked.

1. Kat Von D - for some reason, everything I've ever tried from that brand has worked perfectly for me.  :lol:

2. theBalm

3. Clinique

1) Urban Decay

2) Stila

3) The Balm

All 3 companies put such amazing detail into not only their products, but the overall look of their packaging and their brand image. I just want to throw all my money at them, lol.

Embryolisse for my lips,  Lait-Crème Concentre ( an amazing moisturizer that provides the perfect base for ANY foundation or concealer) and lastly Skin Authorityt for its Wrinkle reversing Serum. I tell you, it fills in the deepest wrinkles!

(Am I allowed to answer this late?)

1. Essence- I've loved almost everything I've tried! Though I'm grumbly that most of their coolest collections never make it to North America, and they don't have an online store.

2. TheBalm- their blushes are gorgeous, and I could sit down on the floor and happily swatch their entire collection for hours. So pretty.

3. Givenchy. Goddamn, my guiltiest pleasure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back