Help. Prom in three days, Face= Disaster

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The majority of the time my skin is clear with a few bad spots here and there. I finally got it all cleared up for prom but then BAM three days before Prom my skin starts to get random breakouts in addition to small bumps which can only mean one thing: more pimples to come. Hooray. I'm aware of all the home acne treatments that are out there. I'm just wondering what works the FASTEST.

Thanks! 

If it feels like cystic acne deep under the skin, I'd go for a benzoyl peroxide-based treatment. If it's already on the surface (blackheads, bumps, etc.) I'd try something with salicylic acid to try to gently exfoliate the area. Sometimes a little dab of Neosporin + Pain Relief works wonders, too. Just be careful to not pick at your skin (I know, tall order) because concealing will be much easier three days from now. Also, make sure that you moisturize before putting on concealer, because acne treatments really dry out your skin and concealer adheres to dry skin flakes and looks strange. 

Have fun at prom! I'm sure you'll have a blast!

I'm gonna miss out on prom as I am homeschooled, but, all I can say is try to eat as many veges as you can in those days leading up.

Have fun, and tell us how it went OK? I'm sure you'll love it, and, just be yourself, that's the best way to be. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You'll rock it!!!

:D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :D

Back