• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Foils

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK I've noticed lots of people have been including foils in my trades (that I haven't requested).  Currently I have my foils listed in my swap list. Should I not list my foils and just send them as "extras"?  Also, I was trying to think of fun "extras" to send with my swaps/trades. I thought of candy, but am a bit worried about allergies. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks a bunch!

OK I've noticed lots of people have been including foils in my trades (that I haven't requested).  Currently I have my foils listed in my swap list. Should I not list my foils and just send them as "extras"?  Also, I was trying to think of fun "extras" to send with my swaps/trades. I thought of candy, but am a bit worried about allergies. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks a bunch!
I don't think there's really a right way to do it.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I get plenty of swaps that have just what I asked for & I'm totally ok with that. But I've also gotten swaps where people include tons and tons of extras!

I list mine on my trade list just so everyone knows what I have, because some people (including me!) do like to swap for foils. However, I do include extras with my trades & if it happens to be one of the foils on my list, I just remove it. If that makes sense. I always do a little 'stalking' of the person I'm swapping with & try to include either a few foils or one deluxe sample based on their wishlist/posts. 

Candy is tricky! I feel like some sort of hard candy would probably be ok for most people, just not chocolate or anything. 

I've also received those twistband hair ties, stickers, pins, etc. as extras. Always fun! 

Honestly, I always just get excited when someone includes a thank you card. I think that's just so nice & thoughtful!

Thanks for the response, I do currently include a thank you card, and I like your idea regarding stickers or hair ties!

I tend to save my small foils for extras, too. I try to match them to people's wish lists where I can. I used to keep a list of them but I just have so many of them that it's kind of a pain in the butt to track. 

Latest posts

Back