• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Janine's Secret Santa Survey and Wish List

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
General Wish List

Products love and I use on a regular basis: (both so you can get an idea of what I like and because I like minis/samples of these items)

Atelier Cologne in Orange Sanguine

Avon Wash-Off Waterproof Mascara

Bare Minerals Ready Foundation in Fair

Beauty Protector Spray

Beauty Protector Oil

Bite Beauty Lipstick Duos (already have all of them though :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

Bosica Makeup Breakup Cleansing Oil

elf Blotting Sheets

It’s a 10 Leave In With Keratin

Jergens BB Body in Light

Josie Maran Infinity Lip and Cheek Creamy Oil

Jouer Matte Moisture Tint in Porcelain

Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint in Pearl

Jouer Lipgloss

Klorane Dry Shampoo

LAQA Lip Lube in Menatour

Macadamia Oil Flawless Cleansing Conditioner

Marc Jacobs Daisy

ModelCo Party Proof Lipstick

NYX Powder Blush

NYX Round Lipstick

theBalm Mary Lou-Manizer

theBalm Cindy Lou-Manizer

theBalm Time Balm Apple AHA Moisturizer

The Body Shop Blemish Fade Night Lotion

Whish Shave Cream

Specific Products I want to try (**=really want to try):

Atelier Cologne in Oolang Infini

Bareminerals Bare Skin Foundation Serum

Bareminerals lip sheer in Pink Pulse and/or Crimson Beat?

Benefit Lollitint mini

Bite Beauty Lip Pencils

Clinque Almost Lipstick in Black Honey

**Davines anything!

Deborah Lippmann in Let's Go Crazy

**Fresh Balm in Petal, Honey, Coral, and/or Tulip

Klorane Dry Shampoo in Tinted

**Lipstick Queen Hello Sailor

**Lipstick Queen Medieval

Kiehl’s Deep Micro-Exfoliating Scalp Treatment

**ModelCo Party Proof Lipstick in Peony

One Love Organics Skin Savior Beauty Balm

Urban Decay Moondust in Zodiac

Sephora Divergent Palette (the one with 3 eye shadows, a blush, a bronzer, and a lip gloss)

**Tarte Lipsurgences

Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder

theBalm Betty Lou-Manizer

General Products I want to try:

Drugstore Lip Crayons or tinted lip balms

No-Rinse cleansing water/micellar water samples

Sample Size Brow Products

Masks, etc to help with clogged pores

Paper Masks

Natural Deodorant

Multitasking products

Fancy Tea

Perfume samples from Juliette has a Gun, Marc Jacobs, Atelier Cologne, or Folle de Joie

Brands I love:

Atelier Cologne

Bare Minerals

BAGGU

Bite Beauty

Boscia

Josie Maran

Jouer

Klorane

ModelCo

Supergoop

theBalm

Also, for more items that I'm interested in, please see my trade list here: https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/127025-janines-trade-list/

I added a bunch of stuff to the wishlist section specifically for this swap so that you could get an idea of the types of things I'm interested in. Definitely don't feel the need to get me stuff directly from my wish list! But I do hope that you could use my list to get an idea of what things I might like. I love trying new things and I love getting recommendations from others, so if you have any favorites you think I'd love, send them my way!

Secret Santa 2014 Survey

Absolute must-answers:

Allergies: None

Dietary restrictions: No Aspartame or other artificial sweeteners

Skin allergies/sensitivities: No skin products containing alcohol

Would you like to get a heads-up from a Fairy that your package is on its way, or would you prefer its delivery to be a complete surprise? Surprise!

Basic background information: Style descriptions!

Makeup

What I look like - Extremely fair-skinned with blue eyes and glasses.

What I like to use - I mostly wear natural colors, but I'd like to experiment with new things, so almost anything goes here! The only thing I can think of that I wouldn't want is crazy lip colors. Although I am interested in trying something one of those sheer dark blue/berry colors … I'm obsessed with lip and cheek products even though I have so many, there's always new ones I want! Plus since I wear glasses most days so I like to play up my lips since it's hard to see eye makeup behind my glasses.

Hair

What I look like - Super thin, brown wavy-curly hair, right now it’s really long because I’m growing to donate, but I will be just past my shoulder by the holidays. Once I cut it, it will be really curly!

What I like to use - I wear my hair pretty natural, I like moisturizing products that make my hair soft, shiny and manageable, and I like dry shampoo. I'm always looking for good moisturizing products for defining curls.

Nails

What I look like - I keep my nails pretty short and tend to forget to paint them often.

What I like to use - I like brown/neutral pinks, whites, and blacks, but again, I'd like to try new things that I wouldn't pick out for myself! The only things I don't like are blues and bright greens.

Skincare (face/neck)

What I look like - I have both dry skin and oily skin with acne depending on the day.

What I like to use - I'm kinda overwhelmed with skincare samples right now though and really don't need much more, but if you have something you think might be good for me, I’d be happy to try it. The one thing I’m looking for and would like to receive would be a no-rinse cleansing water/micellar water. And I like masks!

Bodycare (everywhere else)

I don't really use any body care stuff, so would prefer not to receive any.

Home

What it looks like - I live in an apartment in an old house in the Boston area with my boyfriend and two friends of ours.

What I like to use - I'm obsessed with kitchen stuff! I love retro/vintage things and really simple or classic designs and bright colors. I also love decorative pillows and throws.

More advanced questions:

Solve for X: I am wearing too much X, and I DO NOT CARE!

Scarves

Cruelty-free or vegan. Important, must-have, nice, don't care?

Don’t care

You just won a $50 gift card to your favorite beauty store. Which store is it, and what will you buy?

Birchbox is my favorite store, but I would actually rather have a gift card to Sephora so I could get some of their sephora favorites sets since I love mini things and trying out new brands.

Please list any subscription boxes you receive, along with anything you may covet from recent boxes.

I get birchbox, ipsy and popsugar.

I starting getting popsugar in March, and traded for a lot of the February stuff, so anything January '14 or earlier and the special editions box. For birchbox and ipsy, I’ve been subscribing for over two years, so there's a lot of stuff from those subs on my trade/wish list: https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/127025-janines-trade-list/

Assuming they are separately packaged and clearly labeled, what are your feelings on prepared-by-sender beauty items? Unsealed samples? Items from the bulk foods section?

Fine by me! I’d like all of these!

Assuming the same dollar amount is spent, would you prefer several mini items, or one or two full-sized items?

Either would make me very happy! I do tend to geek out over miniature things though :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Brand-and-color-specific time

What is your all-time favorite beauty item and why?

Tinted Lip Balms!! I couldn’t live without them

What specific product(s) are you lusting after? Feel free to link to a wishlist with particulars!

Here’s my MUT Trade List: https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/127025-janines-trade-list/

What make-up items do you use every day?

See general wish list above

What are your holy grail items? Holy crap?

See general wish list above! Don’t really have any HC items.

What one item/product are you interested in, but just have't gotten around to trying?

See general wish list above!

General product section, aka not brand/color specific

What one product can you just not get enough of?

Lip products of all types!

What one product do you actually use more than any other? What runs out quickest in your make-up drawer?

My foundation

What product(s) can you absolutely not use at all for reasons other than allergies/sensitivities listed in the background section (e.g., I can't use foot scrubbers because my feet are too ticklish)?

Not sure that I have any

What items (makeup/skincare/tool) do you feel are missing from your routine?

Not sure that I have any

What tools/products are you looking to add, even if they are not missing?

None really

What beauty-related product(s) do you just not want to receive?

I don’t want anything body related

Brands:

What brand do you have more products from than any other? Any particular reason?

I have a lot of Bare Minerals products since they are the brand that got me into makeup, but theBalm is quickly catching up thanks to their great quality, adorable packaging, punny names (I LOOOVE a good pun :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />), and flash sales.

What brand(s) have you been wanting to try but haven't gotten around to?

Davines anything!

Lipstick Queen, particularly the sheer lipsticks such as Hello Sailor and Medieval

What brand(s) do you not want?

I’m open to all brands really

Colors (not specific shades):

Answer quick like a bunny! Favorite color?

Green! (but I don't really like any green makeup ... haha. Unless you count Olive eyeliner as green, which I love. Actually I guess I have some pretty green shadows in my Stila In The Garden Palette too, haha)

Favorite color combination?

White, Navy Blue, Medium Pink

Color scheme of your home/room, either in reality or your imagination

I can't paint my walls, so I try to add a lot of color in other ways! Green Blue and Red in the kitchen, Teal and Brown in the living room, Navy blue in the bedroom, Green and grey in the bathroom.

What one color (not brand/product specific) do you use more than any other? Why?

Medium neutral pinks, with brown undertones - it looks really good with my fair skintone

Color(s) to avoid?

Blues for nail polish (don't know why it bothers me but it does), Yellow for makeup. Other than that I'm pretty open color wise!

Scents:

What's your favorite perfume/wearable scent of all time?

I have two every day scents: Atelier Orange Sanguine (my favorite!!!!) and Marc Jacobs Daisy

What is the fragrance of your favorite home fragrance (e.g., candle, diffuser)?

I like Citrus and earthy scents best, but I basically like anything that’s not sweet smelling or vanilla.

Describe your favorite scents/notes, without naming a specific perfume or fragrance.

I love citrus scents, earthy scents, and fragrances that are unisex or intended for men

Without naming a specific perfume or fragrance, what are your favorite perfume companies?

Atelier Cologne and Marc Jacobs! They're pretty much the only brands I wear, but I do also love Demeter Fragrance Library

Favorite home fragrance companies?

Don’t really have one. I usually buy whatever smells best at Home Goods

What form of perfume do you prefer (oil, alcohol-based, spray, open bottle, rollerball)?

Any is fine with me!

What form of home fragrance do you prefer (candle, diffuser, air freshener, plug-in)?

Any is fine with me!

Other than perfume/fragrance oils, what is your favorite type of toiletry/scented item?

Natural Deodorant - always looking for a good one!

Scent(s)/notes(s) to avoid?

Anything sweet or vanilla scented. I hate any baked good scented things.

And finally (at least for the beauty section), Yes/No?

Foils - Sure

Deluxe Samples - Yes please!!

Hair Oil - Yes!

Face Oil - Yes!

Perfume - Yes!

Sunblock/Sunscreen - Yes

Self-tanner/tanning wipes - NO

And extra non-makeup-related questions

What designs/designers do you prefer (please limit to top 3)

Not sure

List any public wishlists (Amazon, etsy, Sephora), swap lists and/or Tumbler/Pinterest entries your Sugar Plum Fairy should consult.

Right now just the one here, but I’ll try to add to the elfster one as well

Is your box all about you? Or would you like to see things in your box for your significant other/spouse, kid(s), pet(s), whatever? If the latter, please list age/gender/species.

Generally about me, but any edibles will be shared with my boyfriend.

If your Sugar Plum Fairy curates an awesome set of items for you, would you rather they be wrapped individually, or be a huge smorgasbord that you can look at all at once?

I love opening presents so I like individually wrapped.

Would you prefer to open each gift slowly and methodically or will it be ribbons and bows and paper flying as you tear into it?

I tend to open methodically and slowly.

It's a hot, sunny 90-degree summer day and you have no obligation to be anywhere in particular. Where are you and what are you doing?

I'm in my backyard in my hammock in the shade either reading or napping

And advanced fun stuff

What do you do in your spare time? Are there any hobby-related items you would like?

- I love craft beer, and I like to volunteer at festivals and with breweries. When I travel, I always like to visit local breweries and try beers from all over. I try to collect beer glasses from the different places I've been and beers I've tried. I have so many sets! (I'm kinda ocd and need them in pairs, haha).

- I’m also love to sew and craft and diy stuff!

- And I'm super into cars, especially american muscle! My boyfriend and I own corvettes and my parents own corvettes and we all like to go on trips with them :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Fandoms, favorite TV shows, movies, books, music, Hogwarts house, etc.

I love sitcom TV shows, Disney Pixar movies, Harry Potter (actually just read the series this summer and now I really want to go to the amusement park!), celebrity chefs, cooking shows, there’s probably more...

What non-beauty item(s) would send you over the moon?

It would be really cool to receive a hand-me-down of a book that you've liked! Or some random thing you love and would like to share with me.

Pirates or ninjas?

Nah

Zombies: Yay or nay?

Nay

Disney! Favorite movie, hero, villain?

Monsters Inc, Aladdin, Lilo and Stich

Describe three things decorating your living space.

Photos of friends and family, DIY decorations, electronics

Yes/no, the extras division

Virtual gifts (ecerts/gift certs/eBooks) - eBooks are okay

Hand-made items (from your godparent or purchased) - Yes please!

Candles - Yes

Tarts - No

Reed Diffusers - No

Incense - No

Other home fragrance (say, room spray or scented rocks) - I have an oil burner, so oil for that is good, but no other kinds of products

Local Items - Yes!

Mix CD - That’d be cool!

Home Items (and what types) - YES! All kinds!

Food Items (and what types) - Yes please! Any food is good!

Beverages (and what types) - Yes, I like tea!

Puzzle Books -- words, numbers, pictures - Sure

Last edited by a moderator:
Back