Dupe for Too Faced Melted Lipstick

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kristine Walker

Her Nibs
Reaction score
 Does anyone know of a good dupe for Melted Peony from Too Face? I love that classic pink!

I've heard the Rimmel glosses that are in the black packaging are dupes for the melted ones from too faced.
The Apocalips/Show Off lip lacquers? I'd say the formula is very similar, but I have most of them and I can't think of one that would be an exact color dupe for Melted Peony. #102 Nova, I'd guess to be the closest!

ETA: And as a bonus, I think the Show Off lacquers smell better than the Melted lipsticks! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
There's some from la girl that are suposedly dupes. I think it's called lip glaze or something? I know there's swatches floating around this site somewhere but I forget what thread

The Apocalips/Show Off lip lacquers? I'd say the formula is very similar, but I have most of them and I can't think of one that would be an exact color dupe for Melted Peony. #102 Nova, I'd guess to be the closest!

ETA: And as a bonus, I think the Show Off lacquers smell better than the Melted lipsticks! :lol:
I've always wanted to pick up some of the Show Off lacquers, is their formulation sticky?  Cannot deal with sticky lips!

@@elizabethrose No, it's not sticky at all! It is really very smooth, and it is not highly glossy, about what you get from a normal, creamy lipstick. I really like them (I ended up buying just about the whole collection, oops) and I have had tons of compliments when I wear them. A MAC MUA even mistook Rimmel #400 Big Bang for MAC Red, so I'd say they are pretty nice!

Especially since you can get them on sale for around $2-$3. That was what really hurt ye olde pocketbook. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've heard that the L.A. Girl were closer to the OCC Lip Tars? I've not tried the L.A. Girl, and I really dislike the OCC, so I wouldn't know from personal experience. But the review mentioned above says the same thing, and I can promise you that the Lip Tars and the Melted lipsticks are nothing alike. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've had quite a few of the lip tars (still have several) and now have 2 of the LA Girl lip glazes and they aren't that similar. Lip tars dry to a satin/matte finish (like Melted) whereas lip glazes are a super pigmented lip color with a glossy finish

I was looking for the same thing! I put swatches on my hand then went through all of the NYX creamy lipsticks to see if there were any dupes. The only one that I could find that I would consider to be almost the same is the Melted Nude from Too Faced compared to the NYX lipstick on Rhuel!

(removed blog link per TOS -magicalmom)

Latest posts

Back