Ipsy Spam

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just saw a post by Urban Decay on facebook and two people had posted their Ipsy links. So now I'm wondering...

Where is the weirdest place any of you have seen the "Ipsy Spam"? I've seen it in the Urban Decay comments, the Ipsy facebook (!???) and a few other facebook pages I can't remember at the moment, but sometimes I wonder if there are, say, any lawn mower websites out there with the dreaded "Join me at Ipsy!" link. 

my own blog that does a sneak peek monthly (and with my referral link!!)  I have had people post their join me at ipsy crap in the comments...lol
Ditto. I actually put a notice on mine and created a page for people to spam their referral link in that area only. Here's what I have written:

I do have affiliate and referral links on my blog due to the fact these monetary links provide me with money and/or products that I use for blogging purposes. As such please do not post your affiliate or referral link(s) in my blog's comments since it competes with my links. I do have a new page open if you would like to share your referral link but please use that page only as referral links anywhere else will be removed.

I've seen it on Benefit's facebook. It probably shows up on the pages for the companies that send out products in ipsy.

Back