Kelly Silva

(Spoilers) Julep June 2014

I agree, but wasn't going to say anything, lol. Perhaps some people meant to say Modern Beauty, which is likely where these products would go, rather than Core Classics. With beach season fast approaching, I would expect Core Classics to consist of that beach spray stuff (I forget the name) and perhaps some foot products since sandals are worn so much in summer. I might be tempted to buy a box like that, if this month's colors are underwhelming.

Modern Beauty is going to have the Oxygen Nail Treatment, Buffer Blocks, and the new Oxygen Smoothing Base Coat. Considering the products this month are what you would call "classics" just in terms of them being core products Julep will sell, I think both the new base coat and top coat will be in Core Classics. I'm sure there will be something else, considering that's only two products, but I couldn't say what else yet.

Core Classics also tends to be unrelated to the other products that month, so people who are underwhelmed by the month's new colors/products can get a box that they might still enjoy. If I remember correctly, it was introduced around the same time that Julep stopped offering unlimited skips. I'll be very surprised if oxygen top/base/treatment is in that box. Only about four more hours! I wish they would just open the window at midnight...

• Like 1

Window is open and wow, this is the first time I have absolutely no interest in any color. It seems more like a fall or winter collection to me.

• Like 2

LOL darn I kind of like these colors. It's okay, they're all going to show up in a mystery box in a few months from now anyway, and it'd be cheaper for me get them that way. >:

Edited by Kyuu
  • Like 2

Wow, SUPER easy skip for me. None of the colors are exciting, and all are near dupes of Julep colors I already have. They aren't even really appropriate for summer IMO.Hard to say sometimes what Julep is thinking.

• Like 3

Wow, SUPER easy skip for me. None of the colors are exciting, and all are near dupes of Julep colors I already have. They aren't even really appropriate for summer IMO.Hard to say sometimes what Julep is thinking.

TBH these are actually the kind of colors I'd wear during the summer -- fun finishes that are a little brighter than usual. I absolutely hate neons and vivids. Sometimes we forget not everyone has the same taste in polish? :P

But then again, my favorite season IS autumn, including fall fashion. I'm just a little polished out at the moment, and I feel like with Julep, you can almost always get a better deal later :/

• Like 1

Whoa, the first box I've taken since February.  It Girl, Harlow, and Sera.  Iridescent chromes and a Stardust.  Yes.  I'm even tempted to just get the upgrade.  Finally, not a cream in sight!

• Like 2

I actually really like all these colors - most excited to try out Harlow and Sera and Bergen.  Although I do agree, it seems like more of a fall selection. Lately I've been obsessed with purples/orchids and since that's almost half the colors… looks like an upgrade time for me, sorry bank account.  :( I hope the formula of Jennine is exactly like that of Cameron and Glam Roc because I love love love that matte glitter finish! 

I really love all these colors, but I just need to skip this month. I'll pick up Bergen and some of the others in a sale one of these days. I splurged on the polish upgrade last month and I'm buying Memeboxes like it's my job, so I need to cut something out this month!

I agree with Kyuu, though -- these are perfectly summer sea and summer storm to me. I'd wear these over neons any day. If only my wallet agreed. :)

• Like 1

These are all very fall appropriate colors, which surprised me. I went with boho glam for now, though I may end up skipping. Haven't decided yet. 

If it wasn't for the base and top coat (I'm very curious about them), I would skip this month.  The colors are very pretty but.. I dunno... they don't quite appeal to me personally.

• Like 1

Did anyone notice the price of new polish add-ons went up? They're $6.99 now. A few colors from recent collections are also available for $4.99.

• Like 2

These are exactly the kind of colors I like because metallics, holographics, and overall especially shiny things, so I need all of them. DAMMIT. Savoy reminds me of Sienna and Ariana reminds me of Greta, but if there are any I don't like, they can go in the Julep package I'm giving to my best friend for her birthday in July. At least I've got a bunch of Jules to bring the price tag down a little.

Yup, did the full polish upgrade and added on Kayla and Katerina. The latter because top coats are my jam too, the former because that will be PERFECT to throw in the BFF's package. It's got her name on it and it's just the kind of polish she'll love.

Edited by Ashleigh Paige
  • Like 2

Looooooooove this month! I'm pretty sure I'm going to upgrade. No creams!

Coincidentally, this is the first box I've taken since LAST June. Amd I upgraded them too!

• Like 3

Ugh.  Julep, just take all my money.  

Maybe I need to stop looking at these first thing in the morning, because my immediate reaction the last few months has been "Oh, so pretty, I want that one, and that one and ... oh god, I'll just get the polish upgrade and be done with it."  I toyed with the idea of getting the "ultimate" upgrade, but I had the same issue as @Lolo22 with the Oxygen treatment making my nails peel, so I don't want to pay for that and I'm concerned about the Oxygen top/base coat.  I did add on Katerina because "pixie multidimensional iridescent top coat" cannot be denied.

I see the point a lot of you have made about these colors not screaming "summer," but I kind of like darker colors anyway.  At least I had a bunch of Jules to apply.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who doesn't care what season certain colors are 'appropriate' for? I just wear whatever I want whenever I want :)

• Like 16

I can't say I like a full profile so I may end up skipping, or if I don't I'll definitely be using my Jules for the box. I like approximately half of each profile lol. First time since I subscribed where I wasn't tempted to upgrade. Also I can't say I appreciate the add on prices going up for the new polishes, I'm sure they did it only because we figured out that it was more cost effective to keep current pricing and add on a polish.

• Like 1

Oooh, this is going to be an expensive month.   :lol:   I see some of these as summer colors, some not so much.  But wow, love those chromes!

But oh, what to pick.  I'd love a base coat with a little opacity to it, so I'm tempted by the new Oxygen base coat. But I'm worried about the reports of peeing nails.

I'd "really* love a blue-gray polish, but the Bergen looks straight-up gray to me.  I don't trust their color swatches at all anymore, especially after Jeanne last month, that looked like a soft light blue in Julep's images, and turned out to be super-bright sky blue.

Definitely want the Sera and Ariana. Or maybe the Phia.  And that Katerina shimmery top coat might liven up my existing polish collection.

Sigh. Expensive month.....

• Like 1

I actually really like these colors. At first glance at the blog, I thought I hated them and it'd be an easy skip, but then I looked at each one in the blog and now I want quite a few of them. I have enough jules to get the polish lovers' upgrade and still have a few left if I want to, but I really wanted to skip to spite them after last month. Decisions, decisions...

I upgraded to the My Maven 3-Month prepaid plan once I was assured that my monthly skip privileges would not change. (I subscribed to Julep last summer.) For my box, I chose Sera, Ariana, and Phia-the three polishes I liked. I was surprised to see Rock Star Hand Cream and the Julep nail polish remover pump as potential swap options. However, I just wanted polishes this month, though!

Right now I'm thinking about getting the CwAT box.  Not my usual box for sure, but I really love that blue-grey color.

Huh, I guess julep switched me to the customizable plan. I had a 3-month sub that ended in May so it seems they're renewing subs as customizable. I guess it's fine since I couldn't find a box where I liked both colors so I did end up swapping out one polish.

Am I the only one who doesn't care what season certain colors are 'appropriate' for? I just wear whatever I want whenever I want :)

I don't care either it's just that I can get away with a lot more wild colors in the spring & summer at work so I like to take full advantage :). Usually I end up looking like a crazy neon lady all summer since I'm so starved for color!
  • Like 1