Kelly Silva

(Spoilers) Julep June 2014

I really wish they offered Katerina as a box selection, it's all I really want and I can't see buying three polishes just to get one add-on :(

I like Sera and the other light purple (Phia) but they look like dupes of other julep polishes I already have

I also really liked Ariana

and Colette but only with the pretty top coat over it.

I can't figure out what to get as a third item.

Edited by cherrycakes

I think if I weren't on polish overload, I would love this collection, but alas, I've got too many polishes and not enough nails or time.. :( Skipping...

• Like 2

I had a box all picked out and 3 add-ons....now I've skipped.  I wish Popsugar would release a spoiler for the summer LE box so I can make a decision on that first!

• Like 1

I had a box all picked out and 3 add-ons....now I've skipped.  I wish Popsugar would release a spoiler for the summer LE box so I can make a decision on that first!

I feel the same way.... That LE box is haunting me...Lol!

• Like 1

I really wish they offered Katerina as a box selection, it's all I really want and I can't see buying three polishes just to get one add-on :(

I like Sera and the other light purple (Phia) but they look like dupes of other julep polishes I already have

I also really liked Ariana

and Colette but only with the pretty top coat over it.

I can't figure out what to get as a third item.

Katerina looks a lot like Vanessa, Camille, and Casper. Not sure if you want to/can skip but if you're looking for that color I think those would all be good alternatives.

• Like 1

Julep posted on facebook that if you get all three add ons they would send you something extra.

$5 says it's another America or Yumi ...

• Like 5

I decided to switch over to a customization plan so I did the $60 for 3 months option.  I wanted Phia but it is sold out as an add on, sold out as a switch out option, and the It Girl box with Phia in it is sold out too so even with customization I still can't get it (unless I want to buy the entire It Girl box as an add on, which is available).  

Currently I have picked a customized box with Natalia, Bergen, and Sera.  I also added on Katerina.  If It Girl boxes become available again I'll switch out for that box so I can get Phia and then switch out the other polishes for what I want and have an extra add on :)

I am thinking of getting the Core Classics Box but when I read the reviews everyone says the sprayer does not work on the body oil. Does anyone have an opinion to share?

I am thinking of getting the Core Classics Box but when I read the reviews everyone says the sprayer does not work on the body oil. Does anyone have an opinion to share?

It just clogs frequently, just like Beauty Protector from Birchbox.  Take the nozzle off, run it under some hot water, pop it back on, and you're good to go.

• Like 1

It just clogs frequently, just like Beauty Protector from Birchbox.  Take the nozzle off, run it under some hot water, pop it back on, and you're good to go.

Thanks, this seems like a good opportunity to change it up from my Caudalie Divine Oil for a little while. I have also been wanting a facial cleansing oil.

wait, the upgrades are out of stock??

Yeah I just took a peek and both are the polish lovers and ultimate upgrades. I guess Julep won over all those serial skippers.

The It Girl box came back in stock so I was able to get everything I wanted: Phia, Sera, Bergen, Natalia, and Katerina :)  Also noticed I had 2,400 jules so I'll be using $2,000 of those for a free box and just paying for 2 add-ons.  Yay!

• Like 2

Skipping this month.   Saved my skip this morning before 7am, and still don't have a confirmation email!  I screen capped it but this is ridiculous. 

I like the variety and change up of the finishes, but I'm not a fan of most of the colors, too much purple, and I have similar colors/finishes already of the ones I do like.  

I really liked Bergen though, I "might" pick that up later next month if a good discount code comes along that doesn't require a ton of money to use it.  I almost got the classic with a twist box, but I don't know if I 20$ like it enough.  I can't tell for sure how blue or grey Bergen really is, so I'll wait for true swatches.  

I like the textured polish, but I had a similar color from Zoya pixi dusts, and hardly ever wore it.  Probably shouldn't waste money on a color I'll hardly wear.  :-\  

I'm not happy about the increase in price of add on options either. 

• Like 1

Whoa, boxes are going out of stock?  And upgrades? Crazy, I've never seen that happen. I guess I've only been around since November, but still, dang.

Even though I like several of the colors, I'm skipping this month. I'd test out any of this month's products in, say, a mystery box, but I don't want any of them enough to intentionally buy them. And I don't want to gamble with the colors. Several look similar to ones I already have and/or look super streaky. If they end up being gorgeous, I'll get them on sale later. Better to save my 2000 Jules for a box that I actually want.

I have a very close drugstore dupe for Katerina.  Sally Hansen Diamond Strength in #150 Glass Slipper in case that helps anyone out.   I wasn't too happy about the increased cost for the  add ons, but at least we still have the option to have add ons (provided you get in there asap before they sell out).  Most excited for Harlow this month.  

• Like 1

I switched to My Maven and took the 3-month prepaid option. As long as my skips remain intact as Julep has promised, I'm good.

I ended up taking It Girl for Jennine and Phia, but swapped out Savoy (I have enough gold polish that I never wear) for that copper one. Yay for a box of 3 polishes I like!

Also got the 2-pack of Konjac sponges. I love those and have been waiting for them to go on sale.

This might have been a month to upgrade, but now I have one devil on my shoulder shouting "nail polish!" while the angel on the other shoulder whispers "house!"

• Like 3

I did the Maven Upgrade but decided to skip it. Also, the Maven Upgrade is also a way worse deal. It's $40 for the hand creams set and the face elixer. With no nail polishes. You can trade out either set for ONE POLISH. which is ridiculous. Why would I pay $40 for 2 polishes when I can pay $20 and get a whole set? It just makes no sense to me at all.

I'm probably going to cancel Julep, I love them but I have too much polish right now and I'd rather spend the money elsewhere. It occurred to me that instead of buying these boxes every month I could just do a recurring donation of $10 for my local library or land conservation agency and it would be a better use of my money than buying a bunch of stuff I don't really need.

• Like 2

Skipping this month.   Saved my skip this morning before 7am, and still don't have a confirmation email!  I screen capped it but this is ridiculous. 

I like the variety and change up of the finishes, but I'm not a fan of most of the colors, too much purple, and I have similar colors/finishes already of the ones I do like.  

I really liked Bergen though, I "might" pick that up later next month if a good discount code comes along that doesn't require a ton of money to use it.  I almost got the classic with a twist box, but I don't know if I 20$ like it enough.  I can't tell for sure how blue or grey Bergen really is, so I'll wait for true swatches.  

I like the textured polish, but I had a similar color from Zoya pixi dusts, and hardly ever wore it.  Probably shouldn't waste money on a color I'll hardly wear.  :-\  

I'm not happy about the increase in price of add on options either. 

I skipped too & my skip confirmation went to my junk email folder for some reason. None of my other Julep emails have gone to my junk mail. Maybe the same thing happened to you?

I skipped too & my skip confirmation went to my junk email folder for some reason. None of my other Julep emails have gone to my junk mail. Maybe the same thing happened to you?

I skipped yesterday morning and didn't get my confirmation until about 5pm yesterday- and I skipped about 0900 yesterday morning....

For everyone skipping right now. And, still wanting some polish this month. Transdesign has a terrific deal on Color Club. $3.25 a piece instead of $8. That's what I bought.

Just a head's up.