May 17, 2014 How often do you exfoliate?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most exfoliating products I've used say to exfoliate 2-3 times a week, but I'm really bad at that, and usually exfoliate maybe once every other week.. or even longer.. xDD

I use a chemical exfoliant, an aha and a bha, each once a day. I use physical exfoliants about twice a week :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Since I've started using chemical exfoliants, which are more for every day use, regularly, I don't feel the need to use physical ones as often as I used to.

Usually you want to do once or twice a week for manual exfoliant. Some products will have chemicals in them that are safe for daily use. And for actual chemical peels, depending on the strength, every 2-3 weeks. I do have a peel that I can do once a week for 8 weeks though. So it depends on what type of exfoliating you are doing :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It depends on the product, if its a very light product like Vasanti or Michael Todds, I'll use it every day, or every other day, especially in the summer when my face gets VERY oily/sweaty from the southern heat.

But, if its a really strong product like Suki, I use it like once to twice a week. I worry that products that are that intense would damage the skin.

I use a liquid exfoliant daily, Clarisonic every other day and a manual exfoliant twice a week. My skin is very lazy about turn over and this keeps my acne under control.

Usually I try to use my Vasanti Brighten Up three times a week. Lately it's been more like once a week because I feel like I don't have time. I can't use chemical exfoliators like AHA because they can increase sensitivity to the sun. I take medication that causes sun sensitivity and I use 2% salicylic acid pink grapefruit shower gel every day, which is slightly exfoliating, although I've been meaning to stop because of the sun sensitivity thing. I used to use the St. Ives Purify Exfoliate shower gel on my face every day, but last Summer they changed the formula and it's not gritty enough anymore, so I stopped buying it. The pink grapefruit shower gel has little beads in it that maybe exfoliate a little bit, so I use that on my face, too, but I really miss when the St. Ives scrub was really gritty.

Haha, yep, I got ya, it actually is a daily scrub, but, it can be used as a... Mask, exfoliater and cleanser.

I won't over do any other product that isn't a daily scrub. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I use a clarisonic once a day. I use an at home peel about twice a week. That's about it at the moment.

Back