Babs28

Summerswap 2014 Discussion

I think my swap buddy knows this already, but just in case she doesn't, I'm taking a much needed family vacation next week (Monday - Saturday) with my sweetheart & my 6 littles. The hubs leaves again September 1st for more training (gotta love being a military spouse) so this is our last family hoo-rah for a while. I'm super excited (for the trip, not for the training)!

So if my fabulous box of magical goodies comes next week, I have my sweetheart of a neighbor collecting my mail for me & I will do my epic reveal with a thousand photos as soon as I get back next Sunday. :-)

I'm loving watching everyone else's reveals! You ladies are so clever & fun! I have so many ideas for secret Santa!!!!!!

Eee!  @Kelli  I got a box!  I have to take the garbage cans out to the curb (you would think that one of the guys who live in the downstairs apartment would take it out occasionally, but, no, it's me, EVERY SINGLE WEEK) and take a shower before I can open everything because I can already tell it's going to be a EXTRAVAGANZA!

• Like 3

Hi ladies, just wanted to pop in real quick and say if I disappear for the next few days/weeks, I have not swaplifted you my dear swapper! 

My sister ended up passing on Saturday night so it's going to be a whirlwind around here. I am still lurking a bit around here as a distraction but seeing as my package is still en route/surprising me, I have no clue yet when I'll be able to reveal it. 

You all have been a great source of laughter and comfort to me the past few months, without even knowing it and I am just thrilled to be in a community full of not just makeup-happy, but loving and supportive ladies. 

So sorry to hear. Big hugs to you! My thoughts and prayers are with  you and your family. :(

Hi ladies, just wanted to pop in real quick and say if I disappear for the next few days/weeks, I have not swaplifted you my dear swapper! 

My sister ended up passing on Saturday night so it's going to be a whirlwind around here. I am still lurking a bit around here as a distraction but seeing as my package is still en route/surprising me, I have no clue yet when I'll be able to reveal it. 

You all have been a great source of laughter and comfort to me the past few months, without even knowing it and I am just thrilled to be in a community full of not just makeup-happy, but loving and supportive ladies. 

I'm so sorry for your loss @rachelshine. Take all the time that you need.  We will be here waiting for you with hugs and understanding ands comfort.  You and your family are in my thoughts.  Please know that we are here for you, whatever you need.   :hugs3:

@@rachelshine I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you & your family, and I'm glad that MUT can provide you some comfort.

Well if anyone thought the balloons were a good idea, they aren't! I went to put the card in the box and all but one was deflated :(

Well if anyone thought the balloons were a good idea, they aren't! I went to put the card in the box and all but one was deflated :(

Times like this I wish there was a "Dislike" button!!

• Like 3

I have a box on the way!!! Wahooooo! Just in time--with a broken bone in my back and one in my foot, my body now has a lovely cold, so I am ready for my box of happy! Taking today off to rest and take massive amounts of drugs (Wed-Fri this week are incredibly important days at my work).

• Like 3

My package should be here tomorrow!!!! I'm so excited! I've been so focused on the gift buying that I almost forgot to be excited about gift receiving!

• Like 2

Are there any reveals today?

• Like 2

Guess what?!!! Guess what?!! I got my pretties!!! Sadly I could not find the user name. But Lacy, I LOVE IT!!!! I will be posting my goodies soon. Thank you so much!!

• Like 7

Well the twins have been shipped, and I feel like I went through labor!

And swap buddy, I have to ask you to overlook something.  I have horrible handwriting, so I typed up the notes on your gifts.  As I was folding them up to put in the package last night I noticed some grammar errors.  I swear I really do know the difference between there, their and they're.  It's just I am such a horrible typist that my brain is several sentences ahead of my fingers, so sometimes things get messed up.

Thank you for giving me the chance to get to know you and shop for you.  It has been the highlight of my summer.  I really feel like I have made a new friend   :luv:

• Like 16

Something arrived me but I don't know who my swap buddy is yet!!  Thank you though...I'm so excited...can't wait until I can actually see whats in it.

• Like 2

My package is out for delivery! Is it a little crazy if I drive home at lunch to pick it up if it's arrived already?? I don't know if I can wait until 5:00! And I only live about 15 minutes away, there's plenty of time...

• Like 1

And also to my own buddy.....soooo sorry, you don't know who you are yet but I still don't have your package ready to be mailed. There's one more thing I want to get but can't seem to find anywhere, it may have to go without! I'm going to look one more place, but if I don't find it this afternoon, I'm going to mail it tomorrow anyway because I guess I have to, the end of the shipping window being Friday.

3rd post in a row from me but I'm kind of freaking out right now....I did go home on my lunch break because my package was scanned in as delivered at 12:32pm. I got home around 1:15....and my mailbox (in an apartment complex, part of a big unit of mailboxes) was wide open. The latch has been kind of faulty, and I'm hoping that it just swung upon when the mail guy shut the back of the mailbox, and that nothing was in it, not that someone took out my package in those 45 minutes....Besides, the mailbox isn't that big, so I'd expect that they would probably deliver the package to my apartment office. Well, I get to the apartment office and the guy says he hasn't seen the mail carrier all day, but sometimes they drive to the end of the street and then deliver all the packages at once to the office. But I drove to the end of the street and didn't see the mail truck. So I'm kind of freaking out, but hopefully it's all for nothing and my package will be in the office safe and sound when I get home from work. Cross your fingers for me, guys. 

3rd post in a row from me but I'm kind of freaking out right now....I did go home on my lunch break because my package was scanned in as delivered at 12:32pm. I got home around 1:15....and my mailbox (in an apartment complex, part of a big unit of mailboxes) was wide open. The latch has been kind of faulty, and I'm hoping that it just swung upon when the mail guy shut the back of the mailbox, and that nothing was in it, not that someone took out my package in those 45 minutes....Besides, the mailbox isn't that big, so I'd expect that they would probably deliver the package to my apartment office. Well, I get to the apartment office and the guy says he hasn't seen the mail carrier all day, but sometimes they drive to the end of the street and then deliver all the packages at once to the office. But I drove to the end of the street and didn't see the mail truck. So I'm kind of freaking out, but hopefully it's all for nothing and my package will be in the office safe and sound when I get home from work. Cross your fingers for me, guys. 

Ugh.  I would be stressing out all afternoon.  At Christmastime I actually had a package showing as delivered in the USPS system.  And I had nothing at my house.  The next day, the mailman delivered it.  I think he just got lazy and quit before he got everything delivered the first day.  I was thinking about that just yesterday and how I would freak if something like that happened with one of the packages I sent o my buddy.  I hope yours is safe!

Ugh.  I would be stressing out all afternoon.  At Christmastime I actually had a package showing as delivered in the USPS system.  And I had nothing at my house.  The next day, the mailman delivered it.  I think he just got lazy and quit before he got everything delivered the first day.  I was thinking about that just yesterday and how I would freak if something like that happened with one of the packages I sent o my buddy.  I hope yours is safe!

I hope that's what happened to mine...it's still not here, and I'm freaking out big time! I guess I can call the post office tomorrow, but if their tracking says it was delivered I don't know if they'll be able to help me...

Hopefully he just decided not to leave it if he noticed the latch was wonky!! I can't imagine anyone stealing someone else's package (I know it happens, but it has to be fairly uncommon or else people really suck) much less in such a short time frame :( I hope it shows up tomorrow!

I have had a neighbor's (who I never met) package put in our mailbox and I walked it over when I got home.  Maybe someone rescued it from potential thievery and is waiting for you to get home to bring it to you???  Fingers crossed!