Memebox Addiction Support Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luxx22

♥ ☼ ♥ ☼ ♥
Reaction score
This thread is for those who are addicted to purchasing Memebox's, who put Memebox first before there bellies and hydro bills.

This is NOT an enabling thread.

If you are having a hard time, and need some support, or your having a breakdown due to new box releases, vent here and we will all support  you on you're path to serenity, and self control :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (That was little dramatic) but you get the point lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I have a memeproblem yet (it is borderlined)...but I am ready to list out the pros and cons (mostly cons) like I always do, if you are in need of serious intervention.

Great thread! Thanks @ for creating this :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Just in case anyone is interested, I find counting the number of items of your incoming boxes kinda keeps me from buying more boxes. For example you have 2 memeboxes, 1 luckybox and 1 minibox that will be shipped next month, you are actually expecting at least 2x6 + 6 + 3 items = 21 items in the coming month - not to mention memeboxes/luckyboxes contains 6-8 items so you might get more than your estimation. In my case I'd start to think about the time I need to use up all these items and the space needed to store them, and usually it stops me from buying :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Great thread! Thanks @ for creating this :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just in case anyone is interested, I find counting the number of items of your incoming boxes kinda keeps me from buying more boxes. For example you have 2 memeboxes, 1 luckybox and 1 minibox that will be shipped next month, you are actually expecting at least 2x6 + 6 + 3 items = 21 items in the coming month - not to mention memeboxes/luckyboxes contains 6-8 items so you might get more than your estimation. In my case I'd start to think about the time I need to use up all these items and the space needed to store them, and usually it stops me from buying :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
That's a really good idea actually. I've already received 12 or so boxes with another 18 to come *hides face in shame*

I'm going to keep this method in mind :)

That's a really good idea actually. I've already received 12 or so boxes with another 18 to come *hides face in shame*

I'm going to keep this method in mind :)
Yea

Just in case anyone is interested, I find counting the number of items of your incoming boxes kinda keeps me from buying more boxes. For example you have 2 memeboxes, 1 luckybox and 1 minibox that will be shipped next month, you are actually expecting at least 2x6 + 6 + 3 items = 21 items in the coming month - not to mention memeboxes/luckyboxes contains 6-8 items so you might get more than your estimation. In my case I'd start to think about the time I need to use up all these items and the space needed to store them, and usually it stops me from buying :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yea, that's crazy lol 21 items thats only counting, what.. 3 boxes?  I think most of us get more than 4 boxes, or so a month, its pretty crazy, I mean when I opened up my boxes that I posted in the spoilers last night, I wasn't even excited, they got delivered at 6pm, and I opened them up around 8pm or so? Just like , ughhhh I have to find places around my house to stash them, in the kitchen cupboards, daughters room, fiance's bathroom drawer haha, I might as well open up shop.

Yea

Yea, that's crazy lol 21 items thats only counting, what.. 3 boxes?  I think most of us get more than 4 boxes, or so a month, its pretty crazy, I mean when I opened up my boxes that I posted in the spoilers last night, I wasn't even excited, they got delivered at 6pm, and I opened them up around 8pm or so? Just like , ughhhh I have to find places around my house to stash them, in the kitchen cupboards, daughters room, fiance's bathroom drawer haha, I might as well open up shop.
you probably should...gosh. I have the same issue. And I am like donating stuff at the speed of light. But all is good, random gifting makes em happy.

I have 5 boxes on the way and while I used points to get them for free or lower the prices, I definitely feel super overwhelmed with the amount of stuff I have!

I suggest having a specific drawer or box or area for all your Memebox products.

Whenever you want a new box, go to that drawer and look at all the products you have that you haven't used yet! I can't tell you how much stuff I have already that I've never touched!

I have 5 boxes on the way and while I used points to get them for free or lower the prices, I definitely feel super overwhelmed with the amount of stuff I have!

I suggest having a specific drawer or box or area for all your Memebox products.

Whenever you want a new box, go to that drawer and look at all the products you have that you haven't used yet! I can't tell you how much stuff I have already that I've never touched!
Same here! I have 3 boxes coming and all bought with points and codes so they are within my beauty budget, but I am looking at my stash of unopened products and they have expiry dates! That kinda gives me pressure lol!

And that's why I haven't spend the 15 points in my account yet (10 of which = 24hr limited)... Still thinking/resisting/contemplating...

I have just bought 4 boxes in 24 hours. With points, codes and promos, I paid $70 for all 4. I have a 5th one I ordered a month ago on the way. I am going broke and can't feed my kids. Not true but I have to unsub from those emails....

From the 9 memeboxes I have received so far, I definitely have a tub filled with unused products. I have 11 boxes coming my way and I think just keeping the number of boxes that you will have in your mind whenever you look at the website really helps to stave of temptation hahaha!

but I have to unsub from those emails....
Those emails definitely get you! I try to not visit their website as much as I can because temptation is very strong whenever I see new boxes.

I got alot coming my way too...but I'm skipping the latest boxes.

We have to understand we don't have to buy all the memeboxes.

They keep churning out new ones anyway. And even if you missed the highly raved ones, they always make a comeback as #2, #3...

Bonus points come and go too. 

This is not pokemon. We don't have to catch em all!

I got alot coming my way too...but I'm skipping the latest boxes.

We have to understand we don't have to buy all the memeboxes.

They keep churning out new ones anyway. And even if you missed the highly raved ones, they always make a comeback as #2, #3...

Bonus points come and go too.

This is not pokemon. We don't have to catch em all!
Exactly! That was my thought at the beginning when there only regulars "I have to catch them all!" But then they started coming out with too many and I gave up. I feel like if order too many I won't have time to enjoy each product and that stops me from buying more. It is really tempting to see all the points and let them go to waste lol .

One of the ways I tell myself that I do not need more Memeboxes is via my reaction to the items in the Naked Boxes and the Spoilers. TBH, I am not very eager for the items in the Naked Boxes and luke-warm on the released Spoiler items.

Every time I feel the urge to buy another box, I remind myself that if I’m not too excited for the items in the Naked Boxes, I’m probably going to be disappointed in the unknown items for the Memeboxes.

Although that mentality worked for about a week before I bought more boxes.  Now I keep a running tally of $$ spent on Memeboxes and I’m up to an embarrassing amount.  Then I start to think about what I **could** potentially buy with that kind of cash (i.e. flights, super nice meals, etc)

I thought I didn't have a problem since I am not always buying all the boxes...

Yesterday, I threw in all the stuff i haven't got to use/ only swatched (from the later memeboxes) into a large box and its frankly embarrassing to see a mountain of things like that. There are stil 2 other boxes of stuff from online shops and swapping...  :wacko:

I gave out some hair products, masks and lip items I am not using so it felt better.

2w4ilaf.jpg

And a mountain of boxes I haven't threw away...

2vhuhd4.jpg

I think I'm all good till winter.

I thought I didn't have a problem since I am not always buying all the boxes...

Yesterday, I threw in all the stuff i haven't got to use/ only swatched (from the later memeboxes) into a large box and its frankly embarrassing to see a mountain of things like that. There are stil 2 other boxes of stuff from online shops and swapping...  :wacko:

I gave out some hair products, masks and lip items I am not using so it felt better.

2w4ilaf.jpg

And a mountain of boxes I haven't threw away...

2vhuhd4.jpg

I think I'm all good till winter.
Yeah, I'm much the same.  I have the thrown away all cardboard packaging on all the items in "spares", because it takes up too much space!

I canceled two test tubes and inner circle along with one birchbox. I probably won't renew Discover with Marta since they are getting kinda lax on shipping. So that leaves me with one BB, SS and Yuzen. AND THIS KOREAN GODZILLA OF AN ADDICTION.

I'm new to this discussion group but I am absolutely addicted to Memebox. I've have received over 35 boxes in less than two months and have at least 10 more pre-ordered. Cannot seem to get enough. Cancelled two subscription boxes just to support this habit. Glad to know I'm not alone!!

I'm new to this discussion group but I am absolutely addicted to Memebox. I've have received over 35 boxes in less than two months and have at least 10 more pre-ordered. Cannot seem to get enough. Cancelled two subscription boxes just to support this habit. Glad to know I'm not alone!!
Far from it sister :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But, In time it will pass, so keep that in mind.

As Miss Jexie,

I'm pretty overwhelmed by so many products, I try something new everyday and by the end of the week, im not sure which products worked for me and which didn't.... All my friends have moved away out west, and we haven't kept in touch so its very limited to who I can gift items too. I already gifted my mother a handful of things, and that's it.

I just can't keep it organized lol.

DSCN1629.JPG

DSCN1628.JPG

DSCN1624.JPG

DSCN1623.JPG

Latest posts

Back