Luxx22

Memebox Addiction Support Thread

Yes, you need to buy say 30 mask or so and it's beneficial. The lowest shipping cost is 7. And it goes to 1kg I believe. I paid arround 12 usd last time I ordered in shipping, and I got arround 40 masks. When you buy large quantum it's really worth. 3 of these masks on ebay are much more expensive :(

Yeah I know.. ebay s*cks on selling mask :P welll then I'm gonna do some reseach what mask is really word the money and shipping :D (first time i'm gonna play save I think :P but do you buy that package of 10 and 3 ea (like those sets originally selled for stores (wholesale or whats it called;)

I am back ladies. I have been pretty good. after my 3 boxes this week early this week, I managed to resist last two days boxes. Even though I really wanted that cute box. 

• Like 4

I thought my addiction was over, but I looked at my list of boxes coming and I have 11 coming...

I just bought the Whole Grain box tonight with my 10 points + 15 point code, so it was $4.99. I'm guessing they'll probably upgrade to DHL with the milk box I bought long ago!

I'm glad I didn't know of the cute box before it sold out, because I totally would have bought it.

• Like 2

Ive bought 20 boxes since may 26 :o  - that dang discount code got me along with all the sales

Since May 11th (which was my first purchase ever at MB), I have purchased (hangs head in shame) 29 boxes.

Okay...need to take a break for a couple of weeks...whimpers in a corner....

• Like 2

Since May 11th (which was my first purchase ever at MB), I have purchased (hangs head in shame) 29 boxes.Okay...need to take a break for a couple of weeks...whimpers in a corner....

Is it bad that my first thought was.....I wonder how many of those I bought too?

After all, we did decide that we are long lost sisters a while back lol.

Is it bad that my first thought was.....I wonder how many of those I bought too?

After all, we did decide that we are long lost sisters a while back lol.

probably quite a few!! lol

someone posted their google calender a few weeks ago, showing her memeboxes ship date. I thought that was a grand idea, so I did that AND then I did their estimated arrival date in my calender! Yes, I was bored.

• Like 1

probably quite a few!! lolsomeone posted their google calender a few weeks ago, showing her memeboxes ship date. I thought that was a grand idea, so I did that AND then I did their estimated arrival date in my calender! Yes, I was bored.

I have the same thing lol.

• Like 1

I've bough every single box they've released this week. Think I must join this thread aswell.. Although I know I will keep buying xD

• Like 1

I've been pretty good about not buying all of the things.  The only boxes of the latest fleet I bought were the OMG box and the Cute box because both were ones that I wanted.  I used the 10 dollar and 15 dollar codes as well.  I keep wanting to buy the Smile care box but I worry that it'll be like the Hair box level of disappoint.  I keep watching the stock of the box and when it gets under 50 boxes left I'll decide.

• Like 1

@@marjojojoleintje

I see your point so here is a post I thought about at work!

I think two big parts of meme-addiction are gambling and the 'sale' myth.

We are gambling on the products in the box.  Most of the time we only have the vaguest sense what might be in the box.  It's pretty fun to do this on occasion and because the initial investment is pretty low.  Memebox makes the investment lower with points and discount codes.  In addition we know that most of the time the cost of the box is at least equal to the cost of all of the products in the box.  

Where we run into trouble is figuring out the actual cost.  Let's take a look at the memebundle3 code.  It is 5 dollars off 3 boxes (this use to be a better deal pre-shipping change).  This is great if you equally want all 3 boxes.  Most of the time though I find I only want two boxes and kind of want a third.  So I add the third, use the code and whatever points I have.  See the problem?  I REALLY want that box nor do I need it.  I didn't save 5 dollars at all, I still spent money to get the boxes.

Saving is a tricky word because in the end we still spend money unless memebox is paying us.  I bet that if they said "spend 5 dollars less with this code" that it would be a less attractive code.

This brings me right back to the problem of box value.  I'm just going to use the example of a regular global memebox.  Costs 23 dollars plus 6.99 shipping so 29.99 USD.  A lot of the stuff in the box is really awesome but not something we'd use every day or a product that is in the same category as another one we have and really like. (Side note - this is why I like mask boxes because you go through them quickly) So we actually don't save money on the box most of the time because the items are not being put to use as quickly as we are buying the boxes.

WHICH BRINGS ME TO POKEMON SYNDROME!  Memebox is really smart because they have a limited number of boxes and they all have different types.  There is some overlap but you won't know until you get the box!  It's really hard to not want to collect all the different types.  Plus the products are so cute that it is hard to not want them.  Since some of the products are harder to find you'll want to make sure to buy every box because who knows if you get a rare product in it! I may be stretching the metaphor but you get the idea.

Anyway, for me a big part of overcoming the addiction is recognizing why I buy.  I buy because I think I am getting a deal.  I buy because of the thrill of the unknown.  Buy occasionally is fine.  Memebox just keeps producing new special boxes and I have to remind myself of why I buy and when it's okay to buy.

Just as a disclaimer, I am just writing down my thoughts as I am sitting at work.  I don't know any of this as a fact and it is based on my personal experiences.

• Like 7

@ you are right. I do think its the appeal of "deals" and mysteriousness, and the social networking hype that got every memeaddict hooked on. I too am slowing down with the buying for various reasons. 

• Like 4

@ you are right. I do think its the appeal of "deals" and mysteriousness, and the social networking hype that got every memeaddict hooked on. I too am slowing down with the buying for various reasons. 

Part of my slowing down was realizing that I have gotta catch 'em all syndrome.  I felt late to the meme-party so to make up for it I purchased a lot.

The other part is that I realized just how much of my income is going to skin/makeup when I could cut down on most of it and be just as happy.  I love getting my surprises in the mail but oh man so much of my fun money is going towards that instead of other things I enjoy.

I think I am going to make a list of boxes that if they come out I will spend money on.  Maybe that'll help budget and control the urge.  

• Like 2

I'm just joining this thread. There was a $10 and $15 code? How do I not know about these?? I've bought 5 boxes in the past week.

• Like 1

@ thats cool. I list mine in a small notebook I always carry, and I even list out the things in each boxes and cross out the ones i gave away/ am using so that I know what is left.

I am sticking to global boxes, boxes that I really need (eg summer) and boxes that appeal to me and at the same time I have codes and points that would bring it down to almost nothing (yeah got some for $2).  You need a strong resolve when everyone else is buying like 479126410831 boxes around here hahaha

@@NikNik455 I update those frequently somewhere you know...

And welcome to the thread!

• Like 1

@@marjojojoleintje

I see your point so here is a post I thought about at work!

I think two big parts of meme-addiction are gambling and the 'sale' myth.

We are gambling on the products in the box.  Most of the time we only have the vaguest sense what might be in the box.  It's pretty fun to do this on occasion and because the initial investment is pretty low.  Memebox makes the investment lower with points and discount codes.  In addition we know that most of the time the cost of the box is at least equal to the cost of all of the products in the box.  

Where we run into trouble is figuring out the actual cost.  Let's take a look at the memebundle3 code.  It is 5 dollars off 3 boxes (this use to be a better deal pre-shipping change).  This is great if you equally want all 3 boxes.  Most of the time though I find I only want two boxes and kind of want a third.  So I add the third, use the code and whatever points I have.  See the problem?  I REALLY want that box nor do I need it.  I didn't save 5 dollars at all, I still spent money to get the boxes.

Saving is a tricky word because in the end we still spend money unless memebox is paying us.  I bet that if they said "spend 5 dollars less with this code" that it would be a less attractive code.

This brings me right back to the problem of box value.  I'm just going to use the example of a regular global memebox.  Costs 23 dollars plus 6.99 shipping so 29.99 USD.  A lot of the stuff in the box is really awesome but not something we'd use every day or a product that is in the same category as another one we have and really like. (Side note - this is why I like mask boxes because you go through them quickly) So we actually don't save money on the box most of the time because the items are not being put to use as quickly as we are buying the boxes.

WHICH BRINGS ME TO POKEMON SYNDROME!  Memebox is really smart because they have a limited number of boxes and they all have different types.  There is some overlap but you won't know until you get the box!  It's really hard to not want to collect all the different types.  Plus the products are so cute that it is hard to not want them.  Since some of the products are harder to find you'll want to make sure to buy every box because who knows if you get a rare product in it! I may be stretching the metaphor but you get the idea.

Anyway, for me a big part of overcoming the addiction is recognizing why I buy.  I buy because I think I am getting a deal.  I buy because of the thrill of the unknown.  Buy occasionally is fine.  Memebox just keeps producing new special boxes and I have to remind myself of why I buy and when it's okay to buy.

Just as a disclaimer, I am just writing down my thoughts as I am sitting at work.  I don't know any of this as a fact and it is based on my personal experiences.

Thank you that was very helpful! you should do that often write down your thoughts when working, it felt I was reading from a pro ;)

I'm going to watch and think about everybox I really want and why.. why do I realyl want a box do I really really need it... still thinking if I'm gonna buy one of these skinfood or kbeauty boxes and why I want them.

I recently bought the pore box but now i'm thinking I already have so much stuff for my pores.. no I just bought a save box or how you call it xD

Sorry if my english is bad (super duper tired)

• Like 2

Part of my slowing down was realizing that I have gotta catch 'em all syndrome.  I felt late to the meme-party so to make up for it I purchased a lot.

The other part is that I realized just how much of my income is going to skin/makeup when I could cut down on most of it and be just as happy.  I love getting my surprises in the mail but oh man so much of my fun money is going towards that instead of other things I enjoy.

I think I am going to make a list of boxes that if they come out I will spend money on.  Maybe that'll help budget and control the urge.  

Making a list sounds like a good idea. I have been completely addicted to memebox. I bought way too many for the past 3 months but for the past few weeks, I've been much better, partly because I'm running out of room for me to put all the products away! I do love everything I get from memebox but I can only use to much before they expire. So that's another reason why I tell myself to only get the ones that are not repeats or similar to what I already and that I really really want/need. 

• Like 2

we are only talking about how much we buy and that its bad but where is the support to help us stop? ;)

I don't think buying memebox is a bad thing. It is whatever your budget allows you to support various shopping expenses. Personally, I do a spreadsheet in excel and each time I made a Memebox or Julep purchase (my two addictions), I mark it down and I keep track on the amount of purchases each month. When I noticed the number is going unreasonably high, I will stop purchasing a little while.  It helps a lot since when I see my $698 memebox purchases, it kinda stops me from pressing "place order" button. 

• Like 3