May 21, 2014 Stressed? What do you do to unwind?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I listen to guided meditations online or drink tea, seems to work pretty well for me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with the meditation. Well, and meDiCation as well. I do both. But I've found that a great subliminal app with hypnosis actually works better on me then a sleeping pill. And I feel less stressed in the morning. Sometimes I have to listen twice to fall asleep (I actually read while I'm listening) but it pretty much always works, and more consistently then sleeping pills. My life has been insane, literally, for the last two months and this app has saved me. And very supportive friends (shout out Ms. Jez of NH! I could not do this without your texts~) near and far.

Seriously, even just posting things on here decompresses me. Everyone is kind and supportive, and thinking about makeup, and doing my makeup for fun is another way I relax. Sorting thru my cosmetic/beauty collection and trying the stuff I told myself I would try  but never got around to, is another way I decompress. Somehow makeup really has a way of doing that for me. There is something self soothing about it-I wonder what Freud would say *grin*. I also do deep breathing exercises, though I have to admit they haven't worked as well as the guided hypnosis/meditation.  If you want specifics on the one I use, PM me and I'll email it to you.

I hope life gets less stressful for all of us, it seems like everyone I know has tons on their plate, maybe it's just how life is these days.

Horror movies.  Lots and lots of horror movies.  If it's been a super stressful week, I will get pizza and popcorn and settle in on Saturday afternoon for a loooong Netflix marathon of horror movies if my wifi is cooperating or a stack of dvds if it isn't.  

Well ,the usual way for me to unwind is listening to music or having a coffee, sometimes a casual walk is good too or writing and reflecting on what's  stressing me out.

I find it helpful if you ponder the problem and retrace your steps...it can help a lot and when you feel stuck, just forget about it for the time being, it's not going anywhere and you can always come back and address the issue...in any case, just breathe and relax a little, stress is a huge killer nowdays, and sometimes you just gotta have time.

LOL some of you guys are funny. I'm always proud of my "muscles" and show my husband and I'm like "feel it!" then he'll go to squeeze my arm and I'm like "NO, you can't do that, you can poke it" LOL. Beer makes everything better. I also like to play video games, if I'm angry playing Battlefield 4 helps a bunch!

Oh yeah girl, @@Esthylove, battlefield helps a lot. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For me, (I get stressed like its my life) I usually, listen to music, draw pics, cry, get soooo angry its not funny then push it aside.

Also, it really helps when my dad and mum is there to listen and talk to me about what's bothering me. Thank you Dad, and thank you @@Mell L Lintern (mum)! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh @ courtnee <3, that's lovely my bubba!

Yep, it helps a lot if you can talk to someone who is level minded and honest...sometimes we need a sharp reality check, but it can be hard to accept it...that's not to say in any way that there's no room for explanation...it all adds up and when you finally realise the truth....well, let's say the blush is no longer needed! lol! :blush:

Latest posts

Back