Need suggestions for gray matte eye shadow

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

PerfumedDog

Hey boys and girls!  I'm at the point where my makeup is pretty much complete...Any colour that I need, I have...except a few ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Well I don't have any lipstick but I'm not in a huge hurry to start wearing lipstick, and I could use a bronzer that's the right shade, but generally I'm good to go!

The missing eye shadows are:

light matte brown eye shadow - lighter than Mac's espresso - I'm thinking Mac cork or wedge

matte eye shadow with colour like Mac shroom/vanilla/nylon for use on the lids

matte gray eye shadow - and this is where I need your suggestions!  Hard to tell when just looking online...how things would actually look in real life. it's okay if it's part of a palette or something, just let me know ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Makeup Geek Stealth is a darker gray billed as a true gray, though I think on me (pale with olive undertones) it pulls a little cool/blue. I can't think of others off the top of my head.

Makeup Geek is through her website, if you google "makeup geek" it should be the first hit. Her shadows are pretty nice, I think.

The matte grey in the L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadow line is pretty good. It's not as opaque as the shimmery shades, but it's better than most matte greys, and it's definitely a cool grey (not taupe). 

Latest posts

Back