Have You Found Your HG Makeup Box?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got a make up box a few months ago and from Ulta (SOHO New York, 12×9×9 inches if it rings a bell) and it just isn't functional for me anymore. It had two open boxes on each side (about 12 inches long, 2 in depth, and 3 wide) that would stack on top of the other when closed and stagger when open. They're not stable and things get tossed in to the storage in the bottom when shut or prohibit it from closing. But all I found on multiple websites and at ULTA were either smaller boxes, nearly identical poorly made boxes, or intrusively huge and extremely expensive trunks that I just don't have the space for. Do you have any boxes that have worked well for you offering lots of well organized storage, and long lasting? Or would you recommend I get a sturdy suitcase and get a slide in organizer for it?

P.S. I can't have my makeup out in the open or a rampant 2 year old will walk in clean faced and walk out looking like a very messy clown if your curious why it needs to be a box.

Yeah, the 2-year-old issue is one I have as well...in addition to a Babyzilla 1-year-old. That's why I carry all my stuff I currently wear in my purse (z palettes for my stuff from bulky palettes). The rest of my makeup lives in a powder room that we don't ever use so the door stays closed.

I know that's not really helpful, but I feel your pain :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

I don't have kids, but have very inquisitive and playful kitties.  One of them thinks anything stick-like is a combination flip toy and chew toy.  This does not mesh well with my love of eyeliner pencils.  For either of them, anything that they can bat around (pigment jars) is a toy.  I use a combination of Ziploc bags, embroidery floss boxes (they're great for the aforementioned pigment jars), and Rubbermaid totes with lids.  

If you want something sturdy and aren't too concerned with it being *pretty*, I would recommend a trip to the sporting goods or hardware store for tackle boxes or toolboxes.  Those are made for heavy use.  I used to use a big tacklebox for my makeup, and they were great but not *pretty*.  (And then I moved into a dorm for college and didn't have the space for it, so I probably gave it to my dad for his workshop.  I miss that box.  I should see if I can find another one big enough for my collection!)

I don't have kids, but have very inquisitive and playful kitties. One of them thinks anything stick-like is a combination flip toy and chew toy. This does not mesh well with my love of eyeliner pencils. For either of them, anything that they can bat around (pigment jars) is a toy. I use a combination of Ziploc bags, embroidery floss boxes (they're great for the aforementioned pigment jars), and Rubbermaid totes with lids.

If you want something sturdy and aren't too concerned with it being *pretty*, I would recommend a trip to the sporting goods or hardware store for tackle boxes or toolboxes. Those are made for heavy use. I used to use a big tacklebox for my makeup, and they were great but not *pretty*. (And then I moved into a dorm for college and didn't have the space for it, so I probably gave it to my dad for his workshop. I miss that box. I should see if I can find another one big enough for my collection!)
Sounds like a good idea! I'll have to tag along with my step dad one day when he's getting his fishing supplies!

I have a 3 drawer "box" that stores all of my makeup and I keep it on a shelf just out of reach of my 3 year old. It's clear so I can easily see what's in it. I believe I got it at Storables for like $16

I really love my Kardashian style makeup drawers, but I don't think that would help you since you can see through them! But if you got a smaller one like VickyTaft mentioned you could put it out of reach of your little. I think the tackle box is a great idea!

There's a company that makes pink/purple tool boxes if you want something a little "girlier" than a standard tackle box, but sturdy enough to withstand a curious 2 year old (I've been there!). I believe Sears carries some of their products - The Original Pink Box. 

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a company that makes pink/purple tool boxes if you want something a little "girlier" than a standard tackle box, but sturdy enough to withstand a curious 2 year old (I've been there!). I believe Sears carries some of their products - The Original Pink Box.
I'll check that out, thanks!

Latest posts

Back