Memebox Oriental Medicine discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
According to memebox, this box will be filled with products that have "oriental medicines". I have no idea what that means!!

memebox_orientalmedicine.jpg

"[SIZE=medium]It’s a box fit for royalty![/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]A favorite beauty regimen among Queens in ancient Korea, oriental medicines were used to revitalize and balance exhausted skin, giving them a beautiful and enchanting glow. Designed to improve softness, luster and elasticity, the mystical properties of oriental medicinal extracts leaves skin looking healthy and youthful. Great for all skin types including sensitive skin, oriental medicinal extracts improve the skin’s functions of regeneration, anti-oxidation, anti-inflammation and moisturization. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Discover the key to youth with our enchanting Oriental Medicine Box!"[/SIZE]

Here is what I would love to see in this box

This was a past product, so I doubt they will include it in here, but Danahan Bon Yeon Jin Essence - a serum made with red ginseng.  I want something with ginseng, please!!

Ginger - would love a body lotion made with ginger or a facial mask made with ginger & honey (hey, maybe that will be in the honey box!!)  Maybe a ginger toner or facial mist!  Ginger has a lot of great properties, so crosses fingers.

Mint - I want something with mint in it!!  Mask, lip treatment, anything!

What are you looking for in this box?

Last edited by a moderator:
I found this nice article (when searching about korean beauty products made from green tea) and this part of the article stood out for me and I thought it was relevant to this discussion http://www.allure.com/beauty-trends/blogs/daily-beauty-reporter/2013/01/korean-skincare-trends.html

Ginseng: Used in traditional Eastern medicine, ginseng has many health and beauty benefits and is only found naturally in a few places in the world; Korea's ginseng is prized the most. In skin care, this herbal root has rejuvenating effects and can help restore the skin's moisture balance, fighting signs of aging and hyperpigmentation. Korea's Sulwhasoo line, available in the U.S., features ginseng at the heart of its formulations.

I do want some products made of ginseng!

The comments section also mentioned this

"Atomy Herbal Shampoo Set is actually made out of oriental medicine and is the latest thing in Korea."

I wonder if a) that is true and  b ) if we will be getting some shampoo made out of oriental medicine (herbal)?  I would be down with that!! 

or this?  

Aloe Vera Soothing Mist

A hot summer’s day has nothing on O’SUM’S Aloe Vera Soothing Mist. Made with 100% organic aloe, a spritz of this portable, refreshing spray can soothe sunburn, fix and hold make-up, hydrate dry skin, reduce oiliness, and even speed recovery after dermatological treatment. Aloe mist won’t block pores, so skin stays neat and moist, and the inositol contained in aloe helps the skin control its sebum secretion—reducing it for oily skin and inducing it for dry skin. Stay fresh and moisturized with Aloe Vera Soothing Mist.

product.200.138017093338736.jpg

@@biancardi we did already get the Kerasys Oriental shampoo in the previous box. It does contain stuff like ginseng, camellia seed oil and orchid extract. And it smells amazing, even hours after.

@@veritazy does memebox do repeats?  Since this is a themed box and not a generic numbered box, I wonder if that will be included (or something similar?)

@@veritazy does memebox do repeats?  Since this is a themed box and not a generic numbered box, I wonder if that will be included (or something similar?)
Memebox love to repeat things like deluxe samples/ masks...but I hope they won't since they have a lot more to offer in their Korean memeshop. (Oh god no more of those leaders masks or psy or whatnot..)

And many actually wanted to trade away the Kerasys for some reason..

They don't do many already-famous products, that for sure. And thats what makes memebox special...we get to try newer and off-the-international market things.  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I might be most excited for this box out of all the boxes that I've ordered. 

@@biancardi we did already get the Kerasys Oriental shampoo in the previous box. It does contain stuff like ginseng, camellia seed oil and orchid extract. And it smells amazing, even hours after.

I got box 9 and would love a repeat of the Kerasys shampoo! That aloe spray looks like something I would want to try out as well. Getting excited for this box but it seems so far away.

and no spoilers either.  We are all just guessing here.....it is a long wait.  I will lose interest in this box until the end of June!! lol

We got that OSum mist in a past box as well but I love it!

Out of the newer boxes, I was really drawn to this one for some reason. I used my points to grab this one and I usually am really pleased with my boxes. Cannot WAIT to see a spoiler!

Got this box during the memepoint frenzy too :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Since Hanbang (한방: Korean medicine/oriental medicine) themed and said to "fit for the royalty", I'd expect products featuring ginseng, cordyceps, lingzhi and other expensive herbal ingredients! I'm thinking of brands like Sooryehan, Danahan, Hanyul (and of course Sulwasoo and History of Whoo too but they are really high-end brands, I wonder if Memebox can source those products within their budget). Products from Hanbang lines of roadshop brands (e.g.: Missha's Geum Sul line, Tony Moly's Gyeol Oriental line, It's Skin's Biyoonjin line) may also appear in this box.

Aloe vera is not an orthodox ingredient in most East Asian medicine (Chinese, Korean, Japanese) because it originally grows in Africa... so I guess it's unlikely that the aloe mist will be included in this box!

I just hope it's not a hair-heavy box. It seems like many Hanbang items featured in past global memeboxes are hair-related (Kerasys shampoo, Ryoe Shampoo - with exception of the Danahan Bon Yeon Jin Essence which is a face serum). Please memebox give us some highly raved Hanbang products and wow us! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I hope its not hair heavy as well.

I'm wondering if Honey products will be in it.  Since its old as the hills and been used forever, I wouldn't be surprised to see something.  Especially with the way they've been repeating things.  I didn't get the honey box so I'm hoping this makes up for it.

I'm really excited about this box.  It's actually the first "themed" box I've purchased!

I hope its not hair heavy as well.

I'm wondering if Honey products will be in it.  Since its old as the hills and been used forever, I wouldn't be surprised to see something.  Especially with the way they've been repeating things.  I didn't get the honey box so I'm hoping this makes up for it.

I'm really excited about this box.  It's actually the first "themed" box I've purchased!
Agreed.

Also hoping for new essences, toner, ampoules and moisturizers. Or even a deluxe sample bb cream with red ginseng or stuff like that would be awesome. 

I'm massively bored so I decided to speculate about what kind of products we might be getting in this box. I browsed the k-memebox site for a while and found some things that look possible. Oh, there is quite a bit of hair stuff too...I'm meh about that. Hope we don't get any. I want skincare!

Mediental Clinic Masks

http://www.memebox.co.kr/page/3178?source=1008

Witches Pouch Cream Masks

http://www.memebox.co.kr/page/3849

Dr. Shams

http://www.memebox.co.kr/page/3595

And last but not least:

Matey Pads (Please not this. I'll take haircare over this! lol)

http://www.memebox.co.kr/page/2813?source=1080

LOL, if anyone gets pads, I'll trade for them.

... I tried some korean pads from the period store a year or so ago and they smelt really nice. It's weird, but I liked them. XD; Smelled so earthy.

I'm still hoping the office lady box has some!

LOL it would be quite interesting to try Korean pads, but, well, I don't know, I wouldn't trade any skincare for them  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Bought this box yesterday together with Milk and Wholegrain and counting on some seriously interesting products.

LOL, if anyone gets pads, I'll trade for them.

... I tried some korean pads from the period store a year or so ago and they smelt really nice. It's weird, but I liked them. XD; Smelled so earthy.

I'm still hoping the office lady box has some!
I will keep you in mind if we get pads!  I don't use them (don't need to)

Latest posts

Back