Moisturizer for Oily Skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know that sounds weird. My face is combination skin and I find I get forehead wrinkles when my forehead is dry and dehydrated. I wanted to use the Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief thingie, but at like £30 a bottle, I'm not sure if it is worth it. There's also the spray, but that is about £25 a pop. When I use moisturizer, it does get rid of the wrinkles, but then I break out like I'm 15 all over my forehead. Any tips?

I have very combination skin--shiny and oily with large pores in my t-zone, dry on the rest. I personally have really liked the Bentaberry G1 Hydrating Lotion (though I saw someone list this on the "holy crap" thread, so). For me it provides a good hydrated base but has a matte finish--so on my skin, it's perfect. I was using it just in the AM and then something a little heavier at night, but now that it's hot and humid, I'm using the Bentaberry 2x a day. I highly recommend it...but it's hard to predict how other people's skin will like something :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

I really like Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Moisture Gel. It's really nice and light but feels super nourishing. It's not super inexpensive, but it's not that bad, and most other gel moisturizers I've found come in gross jars or are overly fragranced, etc.

I love Clinique Pore Refining Stay Matte Hydrator. I've never used the Paula's Choice moisturizer, but love a lot of products from her.

Proactiv Green Tea Mosturizer worked great for me. It has very light texture and barely noticable smell. It's a bit pricy in my opinion.

I second the Clinique Pore Refining Stay Matte Hydrator.  It's kinda expensive but you don't need a lot at once.  I also love the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. 

I have oily, breakout prone skin and I love the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel.  I've been using in for about ten years and it's hydrating without being sticky or heavy. 

I second the Clinique Pore Refining Stay Matte Hydrator.  It's kinda expensive but you don't need a lot at once.  I also love the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. 
Also the pump is great and only a small amount comes out so I don't over use the product.

A lot of great suggestions! My skin is combo, but lately it has been really dry, so I've been using the REN Hydra Calm facial moisturizer. It's quite rich, and will be too much for your oily skin, but use the trick I do and brush it on with a foundation brush (I use the e.l.f. small stippling brush) and it will apply very lightly and be easy to absorb. I've found that it make a nice soft base under my makeup, instead of my flaky skin!

Bonus, I haven't had any breakout while using this product, and it smells delicious! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
These suggestions are stellar! Thank you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I did cave and buy the Clinique Moisture Surge as a sample on eBay (is it even legal for people to be selling those?) and I love it so far...but I find i overuse the product so I may try the other Clinique suggestion. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back