A Midsummer Night's Dream 2014: The Reveal Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tacehtpuekam

Malicious Meanie Pants
Reaction score
Well, well, well. THE REVEALS HAVE BEGUN! Watch your mailboxes ladies! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

A few quick tutorials to assist when you want to post pictures of your gifts (because we're definitely going to be demanding you post them ASAP): 

How to Upload Images: 

There are a few different ways to do this on the new site. The EASIEST way to do this, by far, is the Advanced Uploader. But in case it doesn't work for everyone, I'll show you all the ways I know! 

1) The Uploader (That sounds really menacing!)

When you go to post, click 'More Reply Options' (next to the post button). 

Underneath the text field, you should an 'Attach Files' area. Depending on your computer, it will default to either the basic uploader or the advanced uploader, but you can switch back and forth to whichever you prefer. 

The Basic Uploader: Click 'Choose File' and select the picture from your device. 

After it uploads, click 'Attach This File' to add it to the post. 

You can upload up to Unlimited of files (Max. single file size: 128MB)

The Advanced Uploader (Requires Flash 9): Click 'Choose Files' and select up to 10      pictures at once from your device. 

You'll see them all upload & once they're complete, each one will have the option to        'add to post' or 'delete.' You'll want to add them all to the post. 

If you have more than 10 images you want to add, just upload 10 at a time, add them      to the post, delete all of those, and upload 10 more. 

You can upload up to Unlimited of files (Max. single file size: 128MB)

2) URL

When you go to post, click 'More Reply Options' (next to the post button). 

Above the text area where all the icons are, there's an 'Image' button. It looks like a polaroid with a picture of a tree on it!

A box will pop up with a field for a URL. Put the URL for your image in there & click ok. This will add it to your post. You will need to do this for each image. 

If you don't have a URL for your image, you can upload your images to a site like Imgur, Photobucket, Flickr, etc. & get the URL from there. 

3) Copy/Paste

I would test this with one picture first to make sure it works, but you can copy & paste some images if you already have them uploaded elsewhere (Facebook, Imgur, your blog, whatever) right into the text box. Most of the time, I can get this to work no problem, but every once in a while I'll get a message that says it's an invalid file type. 

How to Add a Spoiler: 

To add a spoiler around a block of text and/or an image, simple type [ spoiler ] (without the spaces) before the area you want under a spoiler and [/ spoiler ] (also without the spaces) at the end. 

Happy posting!  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I think @ is still squee-ing and crying and taking pics.  It might be a little while!  (I know I'll need several minutes just for squee's when I get mine!  Protocol must be followed!)  :wub:

All that work and I get this:

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

:angry:   :angry:   :angry:   :angry:   :angry:   :angry:   :angry:   :angry:  

But the squid is free & feeling festive!

20140528_153707_zps8351b60e.jpg

Oh @@tweakabell, the squid is adorable.  I want a squid.  SO CUTE!  Great job on it.  Talented talented ladies here.

"I shall call him squishy & he shall be mine & he shall be my squishy!"  I want to hug him.

Um ok, this is going to have to be in multiple posts I guess! After I get everything posted I'll go back & add comments. There are a few things slightly out of order, but you get the idea!

First, let's just marvel at the box. Look how pretty it is! And look how BIG IT IS! Monster box!

First peek into the madness!

Gift from Z! Pretty much in love with this. Also, this is where the crying started and has not stopped.

Seriously. She is the cutest.

I took pictures of all the gifts wrapped, because it was super fun to open this way & you can pretend to open things with me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh @@tweakabell, the squid is adorable.  I want a squid.  SO CUTE!  Great job on it.  Talented talented ladies here.

"I shall call him squishy & he shall be mine & he shall be my squishy!"  I want to hug him.
The details on the larger ones come out a little more. I'm in love with Hubby's 4ft one but it goes with him to AFG.
I like them because they're unique, not a typical animal and he fits the summer theme.

Latest posts

Back