Products for thin/fine curly hair?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys

I have medium length curly hair-but my hair is really thin/fine. Because of that, heavy hair products (like with oil in them) just make my hair look really greasy. What are some hair products you recommend? I like products that have volume because then I can disguise my thin hair!

on Birchbox I'm eyeing 

Curly Hair Solutions™ Tweek

Hair Rules Curly Whip

TONI&GUY Glamour Volume Plumping Whip

Has anyone tried any of those? What was your experience? Any suggestions for other styling products?

I've tried the Miss Jessie's Jelly Soft Curls and it made my hair really limp and flat, so I'm hesitant about any other Miss Jessie's products.

thanks for any suggestions!!

Jelly soft curls did the same to me, but I LOVE pillow soft curls.  It's much lighter and really makes my thin curly hair look fuller.  It's become my HG hair styling product.  

I haven't tried the 3 you listed.

I have the same issue, and additionally have a big hormonal thin spot at the crown, so I need products that camouflage that mess in addition to not weighing my hair down. For the spring/summer, I've taken to using texture spray/cream (Not Your Mother's beach spray and beach cream) for body. On my fine hair, it curls instead of waves, especially in the humidity.

I have the same issue, and additionally have a big hormonal thin spot at the crown, so I need products that camouflage that mess in addition to not weighing my hair down. For the spring/summer, I've taken to using texture spray/cream (Not Your Mother's beach spray and beach cream) for body. On my fine hair, it curls instead of waves, especially in the humidity.
I actually bought not Your Mother's beach spray but it makes my hair pretty frizzy :/ I haven't tried the cream though!

I bought the Curly Hair Solutions after trying the sample. I like it. It works for curls. I think it gives volume too. I have fine curly hair. Miss Jessie's seems too heavy for my hair. I switch between Curly Hair Sols and miss Jessie's multicultural curl.

Back