jednashley

Birchbox for Men - is it worth it!?

My December box came today.  It seems like it took forever for it to get here.  On a separate note, I do love the box with a drawer that it comes in.  Why can't they send cool boxes like this for the woman's subscription? 

Yeah, I agree. I would keep this box, but it's a Christmas gift for my husband.  

I have a lot of the Bobbi Brown gift boxes from last Christmas, and they're drawer boxes too.  I use each box for a different type of makeup item (i.e. nail polish drawer, lip gloss drawer, etc). 

It's hard to assure me that you sent me a January box if shit like this is on my birchbox man dashboard. I'm so pissed right now.post-83702-0-96342100-1418931337_thumb.jpg

Edited by nc42

@, my dashboard doesn't even work, it just redirects me to my women's samples  :angry:

I called 2 days ago because there was still no shipping info for my December box (which was supposed to ship by November 25th) and they told me OOPS there was something wrong with the "system" and I wasn't going to get one! They're sending me a "replacement" box but it looks like I won't be able to review any of the samples. They told me that they'd look into their software issues but just watch, I either won't get sent a January box (that I already did PYS for) or I'll have to call half a dozen times to get it! I do feel bad, I've been hyping my bf up about these boxes since November and we still don't have one in our hands  :blush2:

For anyone thinking about getting a Birchbox Man subscription...don't do it unless you have time to call them to get it every month!

@, my dashboard doesn't even work, it just redirects me to my women's samples  :angry:

I called 2 days ago because there was still no shipping info for my December box (which was supposed to ship by November 25th) and they told me OOPS there was something wrong with the "system" and I wasn't going to get one! They're sending me a "replacement" box but it looks like I won't be able to review any of the samples. They told me that they'd look into their software issues but just watch, I either won't get sent a January box (that I already did PYS for) or I'll have to call half a dozen times to get it! I do feel bad, I've been hyping my bf up about these boxes since November and we still don't have one in our hands  :blush2:

For anyone thinking about getting a Birchbox Man subscription...don't do it unless you have time to call them to get it every month!

There was "something" wrong with the system in November when I first signed up.  Fix your damn system birchbox! -___-

Make sure that they didn't bill you more than they should've.  I've caught them trying to double bill me each month, and I switched out my debit card for a prepaid card for that reason.  My prepaid card will reject the charge but won't overdraft me. Win-win situation for me. 

I sent at least two messages and I'm still waiting for a response.  I get the same rep every time, and she always delivers and helps me out.  I gave them a second chance b/c I believe they went above and beyond with helping me.  I got 150 points for my troubles, and they were willing to "comp" my January box. I don't know what birchbox means by comp if they keep trying to bill me for it, smh.

My January box has shipped out! Let's see when it arrives, and if my sample choice is inside...

Plus:

They didnt charge me for the comped box.

It looks like things might finally be straightened out! Fingers crossed!

I wish my January box would load.  I gave my hubby his (December) box for Christmas and he loves the socks, but we agreed that we wouldn't pay $49 for a pack, lol.

• Like 1

@ mine has loaded. Got my pys. Woo! Merry Christmas!

Yay and Merry Christmas to you too :)

Got mine in the mail today! I'm really happy that I got my PYS! But the headphones I got looked really pink so my bf refuses to use them ^_^  Everything else was nice and we'll see if bf wants to keep or cancel this sub. 

Got mine in the mail today! I'm really happy that I got my PYS! But the headphones I got looked really pink so my bf refuses to use them ^_^  Everything else was nice and we'll see if bf wants to keep or cancel this sub. 

I got mine in the mail too with the headphones that came in my pys in the one color I don't care for unless it's a lipstick (I got red). I cancelled for now but I may rejoin later. 

My BF really seems to love the Men's box.  For January, he got a really nice grey shirt.  I wish the women's BB would contain items that are this nice.  

• Like 1

Did I miss the Feb sneak peek? Or is it just really late? Am I crazy or should we have heard something by now? I want to know if I should cancel this month.

Edited by detroitjewel

Did I miss the Feb sneak peek? Or is it just really late? Am I crazy or should we have heard something by now? I want to know if I should cancel this month.

They released the sample choice video today.

My box SUCKS this month. The lifestyle items total $14.97 and they're pretty stupid at that.

The samples are sure to be tiny too.

If one of those isn't a full size I'm going to be pissed. It feels like a total ripoff. If I email them voicing my disgust do you think it would matter? I plan on it... Along with canceling the shit out of Birchbox man.

post-117912-0-76750600-1422425014_thumb.jpg

They're giving me another December box!!!! Wtf?!!! They told me if I want to cancel and resub to wait until after the 15th so I can get the current months box. I received a January box, so why the hell are we going backwards two months. I already left them a voicemail so we'll see what happens. I will dispute this with Bank of America if needed.

I resubbed on January 23rd. I can review my December box for points and I just unlocked it in the app.

post-83702-0-58619200-1422452309_thumb.jpg

Edited by nc42

Weird... I would take it if I were you! This month sucks!

Yeah it's very weird, but I want a February box.  No need to backtrack a month or two, smh.

BBM10BACK is still working.  100 points when you subscribe to Birchbox Man.  Working on monthly.  I would not do it for yearly.  I am also not liking the February samples.  It looks like they're only sampling 29 things this month.  Wow.  

I tries to reserve the cord tacos for my husband and they were gone in an hour. My husband got the socks proper soap and two other crappy products, he was so upset that he emailed them. It turns out the box he got didn't match his profile so he is getting another one with cord tacos.

• Like 2

no one has been on this thread in a while but hopefully someone knows, is there cheats for the mens box combos does anyone know? cause for the women, it doesnt actually say women in the website to change to mens

no one has been on this thread in a while but hopefully someone knows, is there cheats for the mens box combos does anyone know? cause for the women, it doesnt actually say women in the website to change to mens

Edit: sorry, I misread your post

Edited by DoctorToaster

I added a subscription for my husband on Saturday and they said it would ship on or by March 17.  Will that be a February or a March box.  Since the Mens ship out on or by the 25th each month, will he have another one that ships out by the 25th of the month - and are those for the current or next month - so is the March 25th date for the April box?