Nail biting and nail beds

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been a really bad nailbiter all my life and had tried everything to make myself stop to no avail- I actually LIKE the taste of stop and grow :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The only thing that made me stop was getting braces as I am too scared to try it and don't want to find out that I can still bite with them on. The problem is that the white parts of my nails are really long and the pink part is short. Is this normal or is it because of nailbiting. Also, if you bit your nails in the past what made you stop? I really want to know thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Your nail beds will catch up eventually. It takes them much longer to heal than the rest of the nail.

I bit my nails for 20 years or so (I'm 27). I quit because I was tired of being embarrassed about the way my hands looked and how much my fingers hurt. What helped me quit was keeping them polished. After I quit, much like you, the white part was really long and my nail bed was short, which made them look odd. I haven't bitten them for almost 6 months and my nail beds have finally reached the tips of my fingers. Polishing them hides that until they heal up and grow out ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hang in there, they'll be so beautiful soon that you'll never want to bite them again :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back