How to force yourself to stop eating bad stuff

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a crazy sugar addiction and love everything sweet like cookies and chocolate even stuff other people find disgusting. Im doing my gcse's now and i noticed that i am binging really badly and there seems to be a pattern that I binge during stressful or difficult times like when im upset or bored (is this comfort eating ?). Also, i cant seem to make myself go to the gym. Im not obese or anything  but my tummy is horrible and i want to look amazing for prom and when I go to sixth form.

Hi there! Fellow (well, former!) sugar addict here! Honestly, what worked best for me was absolutely cutting myself off from any added sugar (so only the sugars found in fruit and veg) for like 3-4 weeks. It is like a "reset" button in my experience, and it'll get you on track for healthier eating in general :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Exercise is great, bu perhaps you need a slower start into it? Try dedicating (and I mean stick to it!!!) 30 minute a day for a nice brisk walk around town/park/neighborhood/treadmill. No need to try and be a she-hulk in the gym in the beginning haha.

And yeah, a lot of people eat more during stressful times, I mean- who doesn't like the delicious taste and the feelings of "happiness" they give us? But, it is a bad bad habit.

Also- don't be scared of "bad" foods- they are ok in moderation! But I'd definitely try going cold turkey for a while before attempting moderation, especially if you're prone to binging (I was guilty of that too!).

If you'd like more support in your health goals, feel free to come on by the weight loss/toning group- we don't bite! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Best of luck to you!

Thank you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> im such a bad addict i probably wont last a SECOND though- most people will just laugh if i even mention cutting down :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> however, i go to the gym alot now and i found that i actually really like exercise and will take every opportunity to go. Also, i already look different :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi Princessbella,

I used to be a crazed chocolate addict. I mean, I could not go a day without that sweet sweet cocoa. I noticed I started getting a little "flabbier". My stomach wasn't as flat as it used to be, and I just didn't feel as good about myself as I used to. My boyfriend had the idea of trying out the Wild Rose cleanse together. (It's easier when you do it as a couple). This particular cleanse allows you to eat as much as you want, as long as it's on the list of recommended food items, (which is a large list of basically anything natural). You don't starve, and lose weight at the same time!

The first week was rough in terms of chocolate cravings, but after that was over, the second week was a breeze. I found myself no longer craving foods that I never thought I could live without before such as chocolate and cheese anymore. This is definitely a great cleanse to do once a year before those hot summer months start creeping up on us. 

I go through serious periods of sugar addition and it really is hard to get out of the non-routine!! My schedule is what really keeps me from staying on a sugar streak for too long. I work odd hours and have a relatively physical job so have to plan meals that aren't too heavy and that fit around my work schedule. It helps to have a solid distraction or somewhere to be when you feel like you want to binge.

If you're studying and going through a stressful time, I would just wait until that's over before making any big changes. Once you've taped down your sugar intake and stuck to it for a few days, you crave sugar muuuch less. The idea of a cleanse is actually a really good way to break a sugar addiction, but you don't have to cut sugar entirely in your day to day life, just try to eat less of it and hold off as late in the day as you can before treating yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it's easiest if I don't buy junk food - I crave it once I start eating it, but I can and do go without it! Chips is the worst! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I use Invisifibre and the weight management products that Nutrilite offers to keep my hunger and weight down. Hope this helps! I get mine here (removed)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Princessbella,

I know that it's hard to stop all the bad habits. My trick is that I printed out my goal and hang it on the wall where I can see it easily.

You can use this trick too.

Back