Best way to gift an Ipsy sub for my 16 yo niece?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi!

My niece is turning 16 in July and loves makeup.  I would love to give her a year of Ipsy for her birthday.

How is the best way to go about this?

1)  I don't want to hook it up to my credit card because she will then have to cancel and then resub after the year is up.  I want the account to be in her name. 

Has anyone tried to create an account and use a prepaid Visa gift card or something like that with just enough on it to pay for 12 months?

2) Also, what is the easiest way to get her off the wait list?  I will probably set up the account in her name and, hopefully, have it activated by July so she receives the July bag.  Is that even possible?

Thanks everyone.  She's a great kid and I'd love to make this happen for her so any and all advice is appreciated!

I "gifted" my mom a subscription, but she decided she wasn't interested after about 4 months.  I didn't want her to change her mind and have to go back on the waitlist, so I switched everything to my name for another couple of months.  

I used her name, address, and email, but my credit card information.  When she decided she didn't want it, I just changed her information to mine.  

Latest posts

Back