Once again looking for THE foundation....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I've never worn foundation because I could never find anything ever that worked for me.

It all sat really strangely on my skin. My skin has a texture to it, and large pores in places, especially on my nose. I also had the problem where I couldn't find the right color for me, it always being too pink, or too yellow.

FINALLY. 

I found the foundation that was PERFECT. Key word, was.

The Benefit Stay Flawless in the lightest shade was an EXACT match, and it was so light on the skin that it didn't look like I was wearing foundation. It didn't sit in my pores and turn a weird color either. And since it was an exact match, I could use it only  on the parts of my face that needed it, rather than all over.

But the last few times I've worn it, it's starting to look like what the other foundations did, not to the same extent, but it is. Like I applied it in one even coat and it all sat on the same level of skin, but it seems to crack apart (not literally crack, but separate slightly enough to notice it. Kind of like what happens when makeup sticks in dry patches)

I want something that covers well enough to hide my redness (there's a lot), but not heavy enough to sit on my skin weird. I don't want to come off as I'm wearing foundation as alot of them are very apparent. Something blendable enough to where I can only wear it where I need it rather than all over.

I have combination skin,

Any suggestions?

I like the sounds of the new Bare Minerals Bareskin foundation, but with the texture of my skin, I have found that brushes usually aren't the way to go as it roughens it up more, and sponges usually give the best finish.

I've got similar skin issues (very pale, large pores, uneven skin tone). I was given the UD Naked liquid foundation as a gift in shade 0.5, so I've been trying that out for a week or so. I really like the finish; it doesn't hide my pores (nothing can) but it doesn't make them look worse, and it really does feel light and natural on my face. The coverage is great for covering my unevenness, especially if I stipple a bit more on my trouble spots around my nose and chin.

Anyway, I never would have bought this myself, but I'm surprised by how much I like it. I think it will be my summer foundation this year.

ETA: I liked the BareMinerals liquid sample I had as far as coverage and feel, but I can't find a good match for my skin tone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got similar skin issues (very pale, large pores, uneven skin tone). I was given the UD Naked liquid foundation as a gift in shade 0.5, so I've been trying that out for a week or so. I really like the finish; it doesn't hide my pores (nothing can) but it doesn't make them look worse, and it really does feel light and natural on my face. The coverage is great for covering my unevenness, especially if I stipple a bit more on my trouble spots around my nose and chin.

Anyway, I never would have bought this myself, but I'm surprised by how much I like it. I think it will be my summer foundation this year.

ETA: I liked the BareMinerals liquid sample I had as far as coverage and feel, but I can't find a good match for my skin tone.
I got a sample of Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation and love it as well. It doesnt change color, crack or feel  choking on  my skin. It feels like I have nothing on. I dont remember a shade number .  I thought it was just sampled out in one shade. I am light average skin tone.

I'm thinking I may look into some of that then..

I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Guess it's about time I found out for myself.

For me the best most natural looking finish I've found is in Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. I know its pricey but its difficult to find a cheap foundation that provides coverage but looks completely invisible! Or if someone has found this perfect foundation, please let me know as well :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back