• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

ms. ambrosia's summerswap list

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am so excited for this swap! I swiped this questionnaire from someone else because it seemed really informative and I want to be as helpful as I can. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Typical Style

Makeup: I've recently realized that I've become way more high maintenance than I used to be. I used to regularly go out with no makeup on, but I've turned into this crazy woman that can't go out of the house without 20 products on her face. I am a bit obsessed with bright eyeliner colors (currently searching for red) and I adore pink lipstick. I am pretty pale, generally wearing the lightest neutral shade in any foundation I try (1.0 in Estee Lauder Double Wear Light, Fair-Light-Neutral in Tarte, and Fairly Light in Bare Minerals). Liquid eyeliner is a nightmare for me, so I prefer to use the gel pencils. 

Hair: My hair is right at my shoulder. I typically use Lush shampoos, but the hairspray and heat protectant I use varies. My hair is naturally auburn, but I dye it a deeper, dark red. I don't have any issues with dryness, damage, or split ends. I do have scalp issues (dermatitis) and my hair tends to get oily at the roots.

Nails: I love nail polish. I polish every 2-3 days. I'll pretty much wear any color, but I especially love bold, bright, or textured. I also recently purchased a gel nail kit, so I've been experimenting with that. I am really interested in trying nail jewels or rhinestones as well.

Skincare (face/neck): I have a Clarisonic that I use in the evenings to clean off my makeup, but I'm looking for a new face cleanser. Currently, I'm just working my way through my samples. I also do a Korean skincare routine, which is lots of steps and layering. I have combo skin--oily in my t-zone, dry everywhere else. I really like masks, especially the peel off kind. 

Bodycare (every where else): The skin on my body is pretty dry and I am so lazy about taking care of it. I currently use the spray on lotion from Vaseline because it's a quick solution. I do have a pool, so it's worse in the summer. I go through lots of sunscreen, preferably the spray on kind in the highest spf I can find.

Cruelty-free or vegan: I feel bad admitting it, but this is not something that I am super conscious about when making purchases. 

What make-up items do you use every day: I've only been interested in makeup for about six months, so I am still experimenting with my routine. Currently, I'm using Tarte airbrush foundation, elf translucent powder, Coastal Scents blush, elf bronzer, Urban Decay eyeliner, and Jordana mascara. The brow kit I have is elf, in dark. I hoard lipsticks and glosses, but have recently been using the Revlon Butter lipsticks. 

What's one item/product are you interested in, but just haven't gotten around to trying: As I said previously, I've ventured away from using only drugstore makeup in the past six months, so there are so many brands and things I'd love to try. I'd love to try liquid or cream blush, the new melted lip products, or anything in bright colors. 

What's one product can you just not get enough of? Eyeliner. I ordered 12 from Ulta recently when they were on sale for $1. I have a serious problem! 

Colors:

Favorite color: Turquoise

Favorite color combination? Turquoise and lime green. With makeup, I've been doing a lot of turquoise and gold eye looks. 

What one color (not brand/product specific) do you use more than any other? Gold.

Color(s) to avoid? I'm so pale, so pastels are generally avoided, but especially pale yellow. 

Yes/No?

Foils: Sure!

Deluxe Samples: Absolutely.

Hair Oil: Not so much.

Face Oil: No thanks. 

Perfume: Yes! I prefer clean scents, but am willing to try others, just nothing too floral. 

Sunblock/Sunscreen: Absolutely. 

Self-tanner/tanning wipes: Not a fan. 

Fun stuff:

What do you do in your spare time? I cook a lot, bake cakes and desserts. I like to read and take pictures. 

Favorite TV shows: Great Food Truck Race, Survivor, Project Runway, Big Brother, The Walking Dead, Revolution (still crying over its cancellation), and random things on the History Channel

Movies: anything with Robert Redford or Marlon Brando

Books: I have a Kindle and am constantly reading. I like fiction and biographies, with an occasional trashy romance novel thrown in the mix. 

What non-beauty item(s) would send you over the moon? I have pet chickens and ducks, so I always end up with little associated knicknacks. I also have a pug named Pickles and collect cute things with pugs on them. I also collect water globes. Recently, I've been obsessed with tobacco-scented candles. I like sunglasses and tacky jewelry. Oh, and I collect owl stuff; I have lamps, a bank, canisters, etc. I love mix cds, too. 

Pirates or ninjas? Ninjas!

Zombies: I love zombies.

Disney! Favorite movie, hero, villain? I love Ariel from the Little Mermaid and Belle from Beauty & the Beast. 

I hope you find this helpful!

Latest posts

Back