Airbrush Systems: What's your take?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm super curious about airbrush makeup. I've only experienced it once, but absolutely loved the results! I'd really like to invest in a system for regular, possibly daily use. I've done some browsing and research and have found several systems and makeup selections online. Sadly I haven't found one that gets rave reviews on all components... airbush, compressor and makeup.

If you own or use one regularly please let me know about your experience! Any and all advice and feedback is welcome!  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I bought a Temptu when sephora was selling them, but I sold it. It's fun. That's about all I can say about it. I get better results with traditional foundation. I will say that I did not buy the professional version and I think the makeup is subpar. It's a little shiny for my taste. The selection of colors was also...meh. Plus the pods cannot be mixed to make a custom shade.

I think these machines are great for professionals. They apply makeup quickly and flawlessly. Personally, I didn't use mine much and found it to be a bit "much" for daily use. I think for those with problem skin may find them to be helpful. They are very hygienic. I would definitely look into a higher quality, professional model if you are serious about purchasing one.

I've looked at Temptu a couple of times and was curious about the pods...was leaning toward not being a fan. What was clean up like since there otherwise isn't a reservoir for a cleansing agent? Also, how good would you was the compressor was?

Thanks!!

I've looked at Temptu a couple of times and was curious about the pods...was leaning toward not being a fan. What was clean up like since there otherwise isn't a reservoir for a cleansing agent? Also, how good would you was the compressor was?

Thanks!!
Cleanup was nonexistent. At least with the version I had. I know that they have a professional version that would require cleaning. The more commercial version with the pods really required no cleaning. It was very user-friendly. Just some dusting on top of the unit as it sat around, lol.

It was the only airbrush machine I have used, so I can't really rate the compressor. It worked very well. My only complaint, really, was the quality of makeup in the pods.

I'll try to find a photo of myself with my makeup done with the Temptu. You will see how it appears quite shiny.

Edited-can't find a photo. It just has a dewy finish and isn't long lasting IMO. Melts off the skin.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Temptu and it is a lot of fun. I personally love the pods. It's super easy to change colors and you don't have to clean anything. Just pop one pod out and put another in so so easy. They are so expensive though that I only use it on special occasions. I have a couple foundation colors, two blushes, a highlighter. 

I am a professional makeup artist and would highly suggest Temptu! The just came out with a system that is awesome for people that want to use it at home on an everyday basis.

*edited by KellyKaye to remove TOS violation*

Last edited by a moderator:
Back