Blemishes after waxing my top lip, help!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to avoid blemishes after waxing my top lip. I've tried waxing, threading and plucking and no matter what I do I end up with spots there for a few days. Does anyone else have this problem?

Yup. I think it's because you're disrupting the follicle, and this is your immune system reacting. I get my waxing done on the weekend as a direct result of this.

It happens to me too sometimes. However the more I wax, the less this happens. It's like your skin gets used to it after a while. Make sure you don't apply makeup or anything for at least 12 hours after a wax. If I put makeup on, it's a sure bet that I'll get a blemish on my lip or eyebrow area. Keep it clean and dry for as long as possible.

This happens sometimes when I do my own. After the skin has calmed down from waxing use a toner and go over the skin. Once that's dry try applying pure aloe gel on it. It will be gone in a few days.

Back